Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by Maddy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 am

doodle wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:50 pm
This is a green light for the Democrats to do whatever they want. . .
Oh my goodness, we passed that landmark a very, very long time ago.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:47 am

The dems are literally burning down cities and they want republicans to adhere to standards of decorum? Their credibility is so completely shot at this point that it's flatly impossible for them to take any sort of principled position with a straight face. Commupance is a bitch.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:38 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:07 pm
Everyone knows that all of these rules are imaginary, right?

The president can nominate and the senate can decide to confirm or not.
Anything else is pablum.
+100. Why should anyone give a fuck what a Senator wanted to do that one time if it's all part of the Constitutional playbook? Follow the process.
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 am

doodle wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:41 pm
If the Democrats did the same to Republican president and then turned on word if be supporting the republican side. If one fighter hits below the belt then I support the other fighting dirty as well. Keep pushing the envelope techno, as a computer person you'd think you'd have a basic understanding of game theory. Your approach ends in civil war.
The Democrats have never stopped using dirty tricks against Trump since before he was elected, including propagating a hoax that he is a racist, propagating a hoax that he admitted to sexual assault, and spying on and attempting to suborn members of his campaign and impeaching him without even alleging a crime.

By your rule, he has the right to do whatever he wants to them.

Hope that helps.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:15 am

Maddy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:47 am
The dems are literally burning down cities and they want republicans to adhere to standards of decorum? Their credibility is so completely shot at this point that it's flatly impossible for them to take any sort of principled position with a straight face. Commupance is a bitch.
Of course politicians in general act however they think will be best for them at the moment; it's not just the Democrats.
But I will say I've never seen such viciousness and lack of concern for harming innocent third parties in a US political party as the current Democrat party is displaying.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 am

REALLY...
RBG’s Dying Words: “My Most Fervent Wish Is That I Not Be Replaced Until a New President Is Installed”
Who believes this garbage..
Did RBG write this statement down somewhere or is this just hearsay?
I would think she was not of sound mind if RBG said this, while Dying.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 am

Does anybody here believe for one minute that if the Dems were in control they wouldn't be doing exactly what the Republicans are?

Of course they would. They're all politicians and hypocrisy is the name of the game.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 am

pp4me wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 am
Does anybody here believe for one minute that if the Dems were in control they wouldn't be doing exactly what the Republicans are?

Of course they would. They're all politicians and hypocrisy is the name of the game.
Yep
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:12 am

pp4me wrote:

Exactly. Shame on them for what they would probably do.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:44 am

glennds wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:12 am
pp4me wrote:

Speaking of hypocrisy I just heard that Pelosi said she would be willing to impeach the president again if he tries to fill the Supreme Court vacancy. The reason she gave was to save the constitution and our Democracy.

The constitution says that the president is the one who nominates the Supreme Court justice and the Senate approves or denies. Where does it say anything about an election year? So how is it that going ahead with this is violating the constitution exactly?

As for saving Democracy that makes more sense as long as you understand that in Pelosi's mind Democracy means Democrats run the country.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:34 pm

‘You don’t see any hypocrisy?’ Chris Wallace flattens Trump Supreme Court shortlister Tom Cotton by replaying his Merrick Garland speech

https://www.alternet.org/2020/09/you-do ... paign=5510
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 pm

pp4me wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:44 am
glennds wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:12 am
pp4me wrote:

Speaking of hypocrisy I just heard that Pelosi said she would be willing to impeach the president again if he tries to fill the Supreme Court vacancy. The reason she gave was to save the constitution and our Democracy.

The constitution says that the president is the one who nominates the Supreme Court justice and the Senate approves or denies. Where does it say anything about an election year? So how is it that going ahead with this is violating the constitution exactly?

As for saving Democracy that makes more sense as long as you understand that in Pelosi's mind Democracy means Democrats run the country.
Yes, if she had said that the goal was to save the Democrat party, she would have been telling the truth.
That's probably why she didn't say it.