Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Effect of delayed election results

Post by WiseOne »

Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 pm
WiseOne wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:35 pm I was thinking along those lines earlier today. Go to the polls and vote first thing in the morning while the rioters are still in bed, then get out of the city to wait out the worst of it. Hopefully my mom's house in NJ will be safe enough.
Is there no early voting in NY? We always vote here as soon as early voting begins.
No, only absentee ballots. The only way to make sure your vote is counted is to go physically to the polling place. Since they open at 6am, I can get that done well before the mayhem starts.

I just figure there will be a lot of hanky-panky with the mail-in ballots, e.g. throwing out ballots from Republican strongholds, intercepting ballots and steaming them open, and city employees or volunteers responsible for opening the ballots selectively discarding them based on their votes. Spread the word: Trump voters need to go in person because our ballots will be at higher risk.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Libertarian666 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am
WiseOne wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am
Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 pm
WiseOne wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:35 pm I was thinking along those lines earlier today. Go to the polls and vote first thing in the morning while the rioters are still in bed, then get out of the city to wait out the worst of it. Hopefully my mom's house in NJ will be safe enough.
Is there no early voting in NY? We always vote here as soon as early voting begins.
No, only absentee ballots. The only way to make sure your vote is counted is to go physically to the polling place. Since they open at 6am, I can get that done well before the mayhem starts.

I just figure there will be a lot of hanky-panky with the mail-in ballots, e.g. throwing out ballots from Republican strongholds, intercepting ballots and steaming them open, and city employees or volunteers responsible for opening the ballots selectively discarding them based on their votes. Spread the word: Trump voters need to go in person because our ballots will be at higher risk.
Yes, and if they do vote absentee, they should also go to the polling place to check that their vote was recorded. If not, they should vote in person. >:D
I've heard this mentioned, but it is not clear to me that the physical polling locations will have the ability to confirm that mailed and/or absentee ballots have been recorded. I'm trying to definitively determine the answer to this question.
Does anyone here know for certain that the polling locations will have this capability?
How will they do it?
Hopefully a system that can't be hacked..... sigh
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Libertarian666 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:45 am
glennds wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 am
Libertarian666 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am
WiseOne wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am

Yes, and if they do vote absentee, they should also go to the polling place to check that their vote was recorded. If not, they should vote in person. >:D
I've heard this mentioned, but it is not clear to me that the physical polling locations will have the ability to confirm that mailed and/or absentee ballots have been recorded. I'm trying to definitively determine the answer to this question.
Does anyone here know for certain that the polling locations will have this capability?
How will they do it?
Hopefully a system that can't be hacked..... sigh
There are two possibilities:
1. They can check, in which case there's no problem with my suggestion, or
2. They can't check, in which case it is obvious that the potential for fraud is a tremendously serious problem.

So there's really no downside to going there to ask.

The script I would use would go something like this:
"Hi, polling person. I sent in an absentee ballot three weeks ago (or whatever). Did it get recorded?"

If they don't know, then we have a serious issue.
If they do know, take the appropriate action (vote if it hasn't been recorded, thank them if it has been).

I don't see how anyone could get in trouble for doing this; do you?
I can't really say about anyone getting in trouble or not.
We'll find out on election day, but I'm expecting the answer to the question to be they don't know. A serious issue as you say.
So then what's the appropriate action?
Vote again out of an abundance of caution? Then there's a risk of double voting, not good.
Don't vote again? Then if you're mail in vote wasn't counted, there's a risk that your vote has been excluded, not good.

I think I'll vote by mail early, or maybe drop off my mail in ballot at the County recorder's office where I am told they will have collection depositories. At least that eliminates the postal service as a factor. There's only so much a voter can do.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Probably the easiest form of fraud with mail-in ballots is the people who open the mail. It's got to be incredibly easy for them to open a ballot, spot a vote they don't favor, and toss it in the trash. Or even easier, just say it's not appropriately filled out. They could even mark it up in a way that makes that true. And, I'm sure these positions are not difficult to get, nor are they carefully vetted or supervised.

In a normal election I wouldn't be so concerned, but this one is so highly charged that any form of fraud you can imagine is going to happen to a great enough extent to influence the outcome. So I view it as my good-citizen mandate to go and vote in person this time.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Except for Buttigieg.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:54 am Except for Buttigieg.
Yes, as long as it's two words.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Yes.

You have explained the joke.

You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

shekels wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status ... 6408316928

The Civil War Has STARTED
Unfortunately for them, they forgot a critical step in any communist takeover:
Disarming the public.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am
shekels wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status ... 6408316928

Disarming the public.
yes..
That will come later if Harris gets elected.
She/They/ will try to take weapons for the good of the Collective.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

shekels wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am

Disarming the public.
yes..
I can hear it now. Instead of one being 'Borked', it will be one being 'Borged'. ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Disarming the public.
yes..
Yes, I know they will try to do that, but they may meet a lot of resistance.
Fortunately it's looking more and more like a Trump/Republican landslide, so we won't find out.
After the Dems defund the police who is going to confiscate the guns any way? BLM and Antifa? I'm sure that will go over well when they gather outside your door demanding you turn over your guns.

I'm not nearly as sanguine about Trump winning as you are because I really don't have much of a finger on the pulse of America right now. If it was 10, 20 or more years ago I would liken it to the George McGovern/Walter Mondale campaigns that ended in ignominious defeat for the Dems by adopting far left ideas but I'm just not so sure any more. So I'm preparing myself for an election like the last one with one side being in complete shock that the other side won and being on the losing side. At that point I'll just have to tell myself that the Dems were just playing to their base and didn't really mean to do all the radical things they were proposing even though the violent mobs are making that more difficult.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

pp4me wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Disarming the public.
yes..
Yes, I know they will try to do that, but they may meet a lot of resistance.
Fortunately it's looking more and more like a Trump/Republican landslide, so we won't find out.
After the Dems defund the police who is going to confiscate the guns any way? BLM and Antifa? I'm sure that will go over well when they gather outside your door demanding you turn over your guns.

I'm not nearly as sanguine about Trump winning as you are because I really don't have much of a finger on the pulse of America right now. If it was 10, 20 or more years ago I would liken it to the George McGovern/Walter Mondale campaigns that ended in ignominious defeat for the Dems by adopting far left ideas but I'm just not so sure any more. So I'm preparing myself for an election like the last one with one side being in complete shock that the other side won and being on the losing side. At that point I'll just have to tell myself that the Dems were just playing to their base and didn't really mean to do all the radical things they were proposing even though the violent mobs are making that more difficult.
I do believe Trump will win re-election.
But how long will this so called Republic last after Trumps term, with all the Marxist continuing to overthrow the system.

I look to the Gun confiscation possibility and think to myself,
how easy was it for Governors to issue Mandates on wearing masks and the people gave up their freedoms without much issue.

From a freedom loving perspective, and not to be part of the Collective.
I view this as Good vs Evil.
From my cold, dead hands.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯