Moderator: Global Moderator

technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Eight more years?

Post by technovelist » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:30 pm

pp4me wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 pm
The only negotiating table the Antifa/BLM rioters should be sitting at with the government is the one where their lawyers are plea bargaining for lighter sentences.
Exactly.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:22 am

pugchief wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:03 pm
doodle wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Also pugchief, I think your version of events leading up to revolutionary war is a bit too sanitized....tarring and feathering, destruction of private property, mobs in streets. I don't think founding fathers would be too surprised that citizens are up in arms in streets that modern aristocracy has made a sham out of our democracy.
No, you got it right several posts up. How does ruining the lives of small business owners (including black ones) further the cause of blacks?
It doesn't, it's stupid. But how does that negate the legitimacy of their complaints? You confusing the messenger with the message.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Back to the choice of music / songs played at Trump's rallies.

The first time I heard this song being played I told myself, "This is NOT a song I'd play at a Trump rally."

Lately I've been hearing this being the first song played after Trump concludes speaking. (Just heard it again after listening to his recent Reno, Nevada rally.)

Reading the below....definitely seems like a song directed at the Trump crowd.....if you don't know what you are doing when you chose songs to play!

Vinny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y.M.C.A._(song)

Taken at face value, the song's lyrics extol the virtues of the Young Men's Christian Association. However, in the gay culture from which the Village People stemmed, the song was implicitly understood as celebrating YMCA's reputation as a popular cruising and hookup spot, particularly for the younger men to whom it was addressed.[14] The initial goal of Village People producers Morali and Belolo was to attract disco's gay audience by featuring popular gay fantasy in their music.[15] Although co-creator Morali was gay and the group was initially intended to target gay men, the group became more popular and more mainstream over time.[16]
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:03 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm
Back to the choice of music / songs played at Trump's rallies.

The first time I heard this song being played I told myself, "This is NOT a song I'd play at a Trump rally."

Lately I've been hearing this being the first song played after Trump concludes speaking. (Just heard it again after listening to his recent Reno, Nevada rally.)

Reading the below....definitely seems like a song directed at the Trump crowd.....if you don't know what you are doing when you chose songs to play!

Vinny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y.M.C.A._(song)

Taken at face value, the song's lyrics extol the virtues of the Young Men's Christian Association. However, in the gay culture from which the Village People stemmed, the song was implicitly understood as celebrating YMCA's reputation as a popular cruising and hookup spot, particularly for the younger men to whom it was addressed.[14] The initial goal of Village People producers Morali and Belolo was to attract disco's gay audience by featuring popular gay fantasy in their music.[15] Although co-creator Morali was gay and the group was initially intended to target gay men, the group became more popular and more mainstream over time.[16]
You know, Vinny, you're right.
Every Trump supporter who is intimately familiar with all of the connotations and history of that song is likely to find it problematic.
I'm sure that accounts for 0.01% of his supporters.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm

The Donald speaks to you Vinny. I'm just the messenger. I don't do interpretations :)

YMCA.png
YMCA.png (139.69 KiB) Viewed 144 times
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm

See, most people, even including Trump supporters, just like a fun catchy tune and lyrics. They couldn't care less if some perverts also like the same song. And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:56 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm
And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
This is why I don't do interpretations.
I never would have guessed that this is the real reason. 8)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm
The Donald speaks to you Vinny. I'm just the messenger. I don't do interpretations :)

YMCA.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I will read the thread! I thought I was the ONLY one who noticed!

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm
See, most people, even including Trump supporters, just like a fun catchy tune and lyrics. They couldn't care less if some perverts also like the same song. And of course everybody knows the song is by and for perverts. Trump's DJ knows for sure that the song doesn't bother any supporters. So they play the song. Trump's supporters enjoy it. Plus he gets free publicity when the perverted liberals complain that he is stealing their music. It's a win-win. Trump knows all about win-wins.
So when do I get to hear the Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil?

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.09 KiB) Viewed 110 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.85 KiB) Viewed 107 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:

YMCA.png
Did you read the thread?

I just started reading them. At first I was going to say 2 out of 3 responders were ant-Trump. Then I was going to raise it to 75%. Then 80%. Now, as I keep reading I'd say 90%.

On his own Twitter account why are so (relatively) few of his supporters chiming in? That does NOT seem to bode well for the election given that these ARE responses under Trump's retweet.

Vinny