The Democrats have no intention of accepting a Trump re-election victory

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Democrats have no intention of accepting a Trump re-election victory

Post by moda0306 »

But being an Ancap, you would have no intention of accepting the legitimacy of ANY president/election... right? Especially that of someone who speaks so fondly of the legitimacy of state violence?

::)
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Election rejection? That would be right there along side child abuse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHEGvSkkpeI

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

A quote from Calvin Coolidge that I have always liked - "If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you."

Very true, but unfortunately I have an uneasy feeling that the election of 2020 might be the one in ten that's not going to run into the ditch.

Trump says there is no way he can lose if the Dems don't cheat.

The Dems say the same and are wargaming strategies involving such things as enlisting the military on their side, flipping electors in the electoral college, and even having some states threaten to secede from the Union.

REPs probably have a lot of the same planning going on though I haven't heard any details.

And, of course, you have the BLM rioters and the vice presidential nominee telling us "they aren't going to stop".

So I'm thinking this election might be the most interesting one in my lifetime, with "interesting" meaning according to the Chinese proverb "may you live in interesting times". (I know that proverb is of questionable accuracy but it's an "interesting" one nonetheless).