Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (97.5 KiB) Viewed 194 times
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by technovelist » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes, Vinny, he said all of those things. Thanks!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Inside Joe Biden’s history of falsely claiming he predicted 9/11 attacks

https://nypost.com/2020/09/10/inside-bi ... -719093899
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

In his defense, he probably didn't remember that he didn't actually predict them.
Of course, that's not a very reassuring excuse for someone who wants to have his hand on the nuclear button.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 pm

technovelist wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm
vnatale wrote:

In his defense, he probably didn't remember that he didn't actually predict them.
Of course, that's not a very reassuring excuse for someone who wants to have his hand on the nuclear button.
I actually feel sorry for Biden, he is being so used and likely thinks his handlers care about him. Dementia is a bitch. 😢
Its OK if some people don’t like you, not everyone has good taste.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 pm
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

I actually feel sorry for Biden, he is being so used and likely thinks his handlers care about him. Dementia is a bitch. 😢
If he really doesn't realize he is incapable of being President, that is even scarier.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm

technovelist wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

If he really doesn't realize he is incapable of being President, that is even scarier.
Among other things, the ages of both Biden and Bernie were why I'd never vote for either. They each have to have tremendous egos, putting their interests ahead of the country's interests, to think that at their advanced ages they 1) were the party's best candidate and 2) would be able to meet the demands of the position. I'd always tell Bernie supporters it's more than just running around the country and giving speeches whenever he felt like it. It's a real job with tremendous demands. They are both delusional to think that at their ages they should be taking on the position of president of the United States.

Vinny
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm
technovelist wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Among other things, the ages of both Biden and Bernie were why I'd never vote for either. They each have to have tremendous egos, putting their interests ahead of the country's interests, to think that at their advanced ages they 1) were the party's best candidate and 2) would be able to meet the demands of the position. I'd always tell Bernie supporters it's more than just running around the country and giving speeches whenever he felt like it. It's a real job with tremendous demands. They are both delusional to think that at their ages they should be taking on the position of president of the United States.

Vinny
I would also never vote for either but not for exactly the same reasons in the two cases.
In the case of Bernie it's not because of his age but because of his positions and track record.
In the case of Biden, it is mostly because besides being a mediocre politician at best, he is clearly too old to do the job.

Trump, on the other hand, clearly is physically and mentally capable of doing the job even though I believe he is the oldest person ever to be inaugurated for a first term.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm

technovelist wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm
vnatale wrote:
technovelist wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
I would also never vote for either but not for exactly the same reasons in the two cases.
In the case of Bernie it's not because of his age but because of his positions and track record.
In the case of Biden, it is mostly because besides being a mediocre politician at best, he is clearly too old to do the job.

Trump, on the other hand, clearly is physically and mentally capable of doing the job even though I believe he is the oldest person ever to be inaugurated for a first term.
He does appear to be a dynamo "for how much we are exposed to him". I have my severe doubts whether he, or anyone his age (and for the ages he will be over the next four years) can match the energy of your typical Fortune 500 CEO AND do all the work that they do.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:50 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:
technovelist wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

He does appear to be a dynamo "for how much we are exposed to him". I have my severe doubts whether he, or anyone his age (and for the ages he will be over the next four years) can match the energy of your typical Fortune 500 CEO AND do all the work that they do.

Vinny

After I wrote what I wrote above I tried to find something which would definitively give the ages for all the Fortune 500 CEO's. No success.

This was the best I could find.

Vinny

Who is the oldest CEO in the S&P 500?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/05/who-is- ... p-500.html

"Interestingly enough, if you look at the 10 broad corporate sectors, the average CEO age is almost identical—in the mid-50s for all of them."

Two oldest S&P 500 CEOs
84 Warren Buffett (born 1930)
84 Rupert Murdoch (born 1931)
80 Robert Wilmers (born 1934)
(no others above 80)

Three youngest S&P 500 CEOs
40 Jeremy Thigpen (born 1975)
40 Marissa Mayer (born 1975)
31 Mark Zuckerberg (born 1984)
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:50 pm
vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:
technovelist wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
technovelist wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

Vinny

After I wrote what I wrote above I tried to find something which would definitively give the ages for all the Fortune 500 CEO's. No success.

This was the best I could find.

Vinny

Who is the oldest CEO in the S&P 500?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/05/who-is- ... p-500.html

"Interestingly enough, if you look at the 10 broad corporate sectors, the average CEO age is almost identical—in the mid-50s for all of them."

Two oldest S&P 500 CEOs
84 Warren Buffett (born 1930)
84 Rupert Murdoch (born 1931)
80 Robert Wilmers (born 1934)
(no others above 80)

Three youngest S&P 500 CEOs
40 Jeremy Thigpen (born 1975)
40 Marissa Mayer (born 1975)
31 Mark Zuckerberg (born 1984)
And just as interestingly, the oldest CEOs don't seem any less capable than the youngest ones. Buffett, who is the one I'm most familiar with, is certainly no slouch.