Biden/Harris Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by stuper1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 pm

I just ran across a news website called thehill.com. At first glance it appears reasonably neutral. Does anyone here know anything about its level and direction of bias?
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 pm
I just ran across a news website called thehill.com. At first glance it appears reasonably neutral. Does anyone here know anything about its level and direction of bias?
Shown as centrist

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6713
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by technovelist » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:45 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 pm
I just ran across a news website called thehill.com. At first glance it appears reasonably neutral. Does anyone here know anything about its level and direction of bias?
They have TDS, about stage 2.
Certainly not neutral.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by stuper1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah, I see several others listed as centrist that are anything but.

I know several British people who consider the BBC to be anything but neutral anymore. Just another mouthpiece for the globalist big business agenda.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by pugchief » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:40 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm
Yeah, I see several others listed as centrist that are anything but.

I know several British people who consider the BBC to be anything but neutral anymore. Just another mouthpiece for the globalist big business agenda.
Same with government owned CBC in Canada. Sooo left wing.
User avatar
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1680
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Kbg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am

shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am
Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics ... index.html
Most of the Rino's have been against Trump since the beginning,
So if asked, most Trump people don't give a tinker's damn about what these people think.

If you are a Biden person is it just justification on their choice.

Given that some Dems have endorsed Trump also.
So if you ask Biden people, Most likely they don't care for the Dems that are supporting Trump ?

P.s. I rate CNN is an opinion show and not news.
I
Correction, most of the RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning.
User avatar
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1680
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Kbg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:34 am

sophie wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:16 pm
I haven't found any news source that I would consider completely unbiased, but Reason Magazine is pretty close.

CNN and the Washington Post are really the bottom of the barrel - the phrase "too opinion-driven" is way too kind. Virtually every headline article is pure opinion, devoid of hard information, and I've caught them simply making stuff up several times. It's like they've long ago given up any pretense of journalism. If any of you are relying on them for news....definitely go find some other sources NOW.
It has been really sad to see the decline of the WAPO. I used to read them a lot in the 90s to mid-2000s and they were really good back then. But completely agree with your comment NOW. I often wonder if they and the NYT compete with each other for most biased print news. In any event, I think the decline went into free fall after Bezos bought them.

My current go to sources are BBC and Reuters. I'm really beginning to like Reuters a lot. Mostly news, very little opinion.
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by shekels » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 am

Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am
shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am
Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics ... index.html
Most of the Rino's have been against Trump since the beginning,
So if asked, most Trump people don't give a tinker's damn about what these people think.

If you are a Biden person is it just justification on their choice.

Given that some Dems have endorsed Trump also.
So if you ask Biden people, Most likely they don't care for the Dems that are supporting Trump ?

P.s. I rate CNN is an opinion show and not news.
I
Correction, most of the RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning.

So if that is true (which I disagree) What changed the RINO's mind to be against Trump Now?
With trump being non deep state outsider/Non beltway crowd from the beginning.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6713
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by technovelist » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 am

shekels wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 am
Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am
shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am
Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics ... index.html
Most of the Rino's have been against Trump since the beginning,
So if asked, most Trump people don't give a tinker's damn about what these people think.

If you are a Biden person is it just justification on their choice.

Given that some Dems have endorsed Trump also.
So if you ask Biden people, Most likely they don't care for the Dems that are supporting Trump ?

P.s. I rate CNN is an opinion show and not news.
I
Correction, most of the RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning.
So if that is true (which I disagree) What changed the RINO's mind to be against Trump Now?
With trump being non deep state outsider/Non beltway crowd from the beginning.
It's an interesting claim that RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning. I'd like to see evidence of that, because I've never seen any.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1680
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Kbg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:39 pm

technovelist wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 am
shekels wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 am
Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am
shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am
Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics ... index.html
Most of the Rino's have been against Trump since the beginning,
So if asked, most Trump people don't give a tinker's damn about what these people think.

If you are a Biden person is it just justification on their choice.

Given that some Dems have endorsed Trump also.
So if you ask Biden people, Most likely they don't care for the Dems that are supporting Trump ?

P.s. I rate CNN is an opinion show and not news.
I
Correction, most of the RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning.
So if that is true (which I disagree) What changed the RINO's mind to be against Trump Now?
With trump being non deep state outsider/Non beltway crowd from the beginning.
It's an interesting claim that RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning. I'd like to see evidence of that, because I've never seen any.
Trumpians are RINOs...yes I'm flipping the term because it is a more accurate use of the term.

Personal life, not socially conservative

Fiscal policies, not fiscally conservative

Power to the lowest level, not a constitutional literalist, as we all know he picks and chooses and is not driven by a conservative philosophy

Foreign policy, I can't say. I think everyone's foreign policy is in reset mode. However, generally I give him mixed marks. Some stuff I like a lot. Looking after the USA first, China and NATO...all very good in my opinion. Russia, Canada, Asia/Non-China, not so much. And I'm thoroughly convinced the Russians have something on him...it's the only way I can explain his actions.
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 am

Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:39 pm
technovelist wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 am
shekels wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 am
Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am
shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 am
Ad Orientem wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics ... index.html
Most of the Rino's have been against Trump since the beginning,
So if asked, most Trump people don't give a tinker's damn about what these people think.

If you are a Biden person is it just justification on their choice.

Given that some Dems have endorsed Trump also.
So if you ask Biden people, Most likely they don't care for the Dems that are supporting Trump ?

P.s. I rate CNN is an opinion show and not news.
I
Correction, most of the RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning.
So if that is true (which I disagree) What changed the RINO's mind to be against Trump Now?
With trump being non deep state outsider/Non beltway crowd from the beginning.
It's an interesting claim that RINOs have been for Trump from the beginning. I'd like to see evidence of that, because I've never seen any.
Trumpians are RINOs...yes I'm flipping the term because it is a more accurate use of the term.

Personal life, not socially conservative

Fiscal policies, not fiscally conservative

Power to the lowest level, not a constitutional literalist, as we all know he picks and chooses and is not driven by a conservative philosophy

Foreign policy, I can't say. I think everyone's foreign policy is in reset mode. However, generally I give him mixed marks. Some stuff I like a lot. Looking after the USA first, China and NATO...all very good in my opinion. Russia, Canada, Asia/Non-China, not so much. And I'm thoroughly convinced the Russians have something on him...it's the only way I can explain his actions.
gotcha.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Tortoise » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Biden's mental deterioration continues. He's also out of breath in this clip for some reason.
If you're a white guy who can afford a lawyer, & you're charged with a crime, you're not charged with nine crimes. Nine, & given nine alternatives & say, 'if you plead to the lay, the, the least one, we're gonna put you on probation,' and, but, and you have no lawyer. Or you have a public defender who's getting paid half the federal prosecutor's getting paid. Public defenders are gonna get paid the same of federal public defenders, the same amount as prosecutors are gonna get paid. So you have representation.
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/statu ... 94464?s=20
Post Reply