Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by vnatale » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (97.5 KiB) Viewed 10372 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes, Vinny, he said all of those things. Thanks!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Inside Joe Biden’s history of falsely claiming he predicted 9/11 attacks

https://nypost.com/2020/09/10/inside-bi ... -719093899
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

In his defense, he probably didn't remember that he didn't actually predict them.
Of course, that's not a very reassuring excuse for someone who wants to have his hand on the nuclear button.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm
vnatale wrote:

In his defense, he probably didn't remember that he didn't actually predict them.
Of course, that's not a very reassuring excuse for someone who wants to have his hand on the nuclear button.
I actually feel sorry for Biden, he is being so used and likely thinks his handlers care about him. Dementia is a bitch. 😢
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

I actually feel sorry for Biden, he is being so used and likely thinks his handlers care about him. Dementia is a bitch. 😢
If he really doesn't realize he is incapable of being President, that is even scarier.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

If he really doesn't realize he is incapable of being President, that is even scarier.
Among other things, the ages of both Biden and Bernie were why I'd never vote for either. They each have to have tremendous egos, putting their interests ahead of the country's interests, to think that at their advanced ages they 1) were the party's best candidate and 2) would be able to meet the demands of the position. I'd always tell Bernie supporters it's more than just running around the country and giving speeches whenever he felt like it. It's a real job with tremendous demands. They are both delusional to think that at their ages they should be taking on the position of president of the United States.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm
vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Among other things, the ages of both Biden and Bernie were why I'd never vote for either. They each have to have tremendous egos, putting their interests ahead of the country's interests, to think that at their advanced ages they 1) were the party's best candidate and 2) would be able to meet the demands of the position. I'd always tell Bernie supporters it's more than just running around the country and giving speeches whenever he felt like it. It's a real job with tremendous demands. They are both delusional to think that at their ages they should be taking on the position of president of the United States.

Vinny
I would also never vote for either but not for exactly the same reasons in the two cases.
In the case of Bernie it's not because of his age but because of his positions and track record.
In the case of Biden, it is mostly because besides being a mediocre politician at best, he is clearly too old to do the job.

Trump, on the other hand, clearly is physically and mentally capable of doing the job even though I believe he is the oldest person ever to be inaugurated for a first term.
He does appear to be a dynamo "for how much we are exposed to him". I have my severe doubts whether he, or anyone his age (and for the ages he will be over the next four years) can match the energy of your typical Fortune 500 CEO AND do all the work that they do.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:50 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm
vnatale wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
I would also never vote for either but not for exactly the same reasons in the two cases.
In the case of Bernie it's not because of his age but because of his positions and track record.
In the case of Biden, it is mostly because besides being a mediocre politician at best, he is clearly too old to do the job.

Trump, on the other hand, clearly is physically and mentally capable of doing the job even though I believe he is the oldest person ever to be inaugurated for a first term.
He does appear to be a dynamo "for how much we are exposed to him". I have my severe doubts whether he, or anyone his age (and for the ages he will be over the next four years) can match the energy of your typical Fortune 500 CEO AND do all the work that they do.

Vinny

After I wrote what I wrote above I tried to find something which would definitively give the ages for all the Fortune 500 CEO's. No success.

This was the best I could find.

Vinny

Who is the oldest CEO in the S&P 500?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/05/who-is- ... p-500.html

"Interestingly enough, if you look at the 10 broad corporate sectors, the average CEO age is almost identical—in the mid-50s for all of them."

Two oldest S&P 500 CEOs
84 Warren Buffett (born 1930)
84 Rupert Murdoch (born 1931)
80 Robert Wilmers (born 1934)
(no others above 80)

Three youngest S&P 500 CEOs
40 Jeremy Thigpen (born 1975)
40 Marissa Mayer (born 1975)
31 Mark Zuckerberg (born 1984)
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:49 am

I was always impressed with Jack Bogle whenever I saw him doing interviews in his later years. Physically he always looked like he was already well past his expiration date but his mind seemed to be as sharp as ever. Another Boglehead, Taylor Larimore who is now 96 still makes insightful posts over on the forum.

I'm 71 and I sure hope I'm doing better than Biden is six years from now. I know that he suffered two brain aneurysms which led to surgery in 1988 so maybe this has something to do with his rapid decline. My impression of him over the years was that he was always sort of a buffoon but at least he was an articulate one. He still does seem to rise to the occasion every once in a while although I can't tell if it's only because he's reading from a teleprompter or not. Chris Wallace asked one of his spokesmen if he was doing that during so-called question and answer sessions last night and he gave a non-answer to the question which I took as a yes.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:56 am
[Biden] is far enough gone and declining too fast for them to keep up the pretense much longer.
I moved this over from the Coronavirus discussion....

Tech, can you provide some data to back up the assertion that Biden is declining fast? I haven't noticed that. It is normal for an Alzheimer's case to fluctuate, so there will be times when he's doing ok and other times when he's struggling. But the overall trend downward takes years, not months. If he really is progressing that fast, it's likely he has something else, like a Parkinsons plus syndrome). That would even more concerning.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:59 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:00 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:56 am
[Biden] is far enough gone and declining too fast for them to keep up the pretense much longer.
I moved this over from the Coronavirus discussion....

Tech, can you provide some data to back up the assertion that Biden is declining fast? I haven't noticed that. It is normal for an Alzheimer's case to fluctuate, so there will be times when he's doing ok and other times when he's struggling. But the overall trend downward takes years, not months. If he really is progressing that fast, it's likely he has something else, like a Parkinsons plus syndrome). That would even more concerning.
I'll get you some clips later today, but all you have to do is look at one of his speeches in the last couple of weeks and contrast them even with his famous "CornPop" story from a year ago (https://twitter.com/i/status/1173196985085677569). Of course that story was pretty silly but at least he could recount it in mostly intelligible English.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 pm

You would think a medical clearance would be a pre-requisite to being a presidential candidate. Or at the very least a binding disclosure. After all, the vast responsibility and consequences of the position are such that a medical issue ought not be withheld from the voting public. Especially one that would or could impair judgment.

I suppose someone may argue personal privacy, but I would say if personal privacy were a priority for someone, they should not enter the glass bowl of politics, at least at the national level. We all have a stake in the health of the elected president.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:55 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 pm
You would think a medical clearance would be a pre-requisite to being a presidential candidate. Or at the very least a binding disclosure. After all, the vast responsibility and consequences of the position are such that a medical issue ought not be withheld from the voting public. Especially one that would or could impair judgment.

I suppose someone may argue personal privacy, but I would say if personal privacy were a priority for someone, they should not enter the glass bowl of politics, at least at the national level. We all have a stake in the health of the elected president.
That sounds reasonable at first thought but I think it would require a constitutional amendment.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Haven't heard from Bill O'Reilly in a long time but this clip popped up in my Youtube recommendations.

One of the best and most alarming examples of Biden's cognitive issues that I've seen .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pe_yVNIJQ
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:36 pm

pp4me wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 pm
Haven't heard from Bill O'Reilly in a long time but this clip popped up in my Youtube recommendations.

One of the best and most alarming examples of Biden's cognitive issues that I've seen .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pe_yVNIJQ
But is he making mean tweets? That seems to be more important to some people...
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:30 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:55 pm
glennds wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 pm

That sounds reasonable at first thought but I think it would require a constitutional amendment.

Perhaps such an amendment will happen one day, but sadly it will probably take a case where the lack of such protection was exploited by a presidential candidate that did indeed have a medical issue or condition that they did not disclose. Imagine electing a president with a (known to them) neurological condition or terminal disease that was concealed and then became a genuine impairment.

On a different but related note, given than a constitutional amendment requires the ratification of all 50 states, in looking at the state of politics today, it's almost hard to imagine any constitutional amendment passing under any circumstances. But maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:44 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:30 pm
Imagine electing a president with a (known to them) neurological condition or terminal disease that was concealed and then became a genuine impairment.
Kennedy, Roosevelt, Wilson, Eisenhower, Reagan...
Plus, what medications are the candidates on? Do they drink in the evening? Other drugs? Over the counter and prescription. Even something as seemingly innocuous as acetaminophen affects risk assessment and judgement.
glennds wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:30 pm
On a different but related note, given than a constitutional amendment requires the ratification of all 50 states, in looking at the state of politics today, it's almost hard to imagine any constitutional amendment passing under any circumstances. But maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.
requires 2/3rds. 38 states.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:44 pm

requires 2/3rds. 38 states.
Correction, I looked it up.
2/3rds majority of House and Senate, ratification of 3/4ths of states, but yes 38 is the correct number (3/4ths of 50 states).
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:16 pm

Very good analysis and analogy.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Hah, what timing. I was just thinking of how the BLM/Antifa people throw molotov cocktails and other weapons while hiding behind unarmed mobs (or the "wall of moms"), like they do in the Middle East. Then they try to spin propaganda about how the evil Israelis/policemen are beating "innocent people" when they go after them.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:03 pm

This article alleges that Biden is taking an anti-Alzheimer medication that has a side-effect of urinary incontinence. It says he has good days and bad days which you would expect from anyone suffering from the disease and that's why you see him only coming out on "good days". The "good days" however, if you can believe the article based on an anonymous source, carries with it the risk that he will wet himself. It says staffers are even trying to figure which adult diaper works best.

I'm ready to write this off the same way I do the story about Trump disrespecting soldiers based on "anonymous sources" but I really am looking forward to the debates to see if it either turns out not to be one of his "good days" or else they are going to insist on bathroom breaks.

The way the Biden team is quickly ending encounters with the press with no questions being asked only lends credence to this report. Is it because they don't want him to say something stupid or because he is ready to pee his pants?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... entia.html
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

pp4me wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:03 pm
This article alleges that Biden is taking an anti-Alzheimer medication that has a side-effect of urinary incontinence. It says he has good days and bad days which you would expect from anyone suffering from the disease and that's why you see him only coming out on "good days". The "good days" however, if you can believe the article based on an anonymous source, carries with it the risk that he will wet himself. It says staffers are even trying to figure which adult diaper works best.

I'm ready to write this off the same way I do the story about Trump disrespecting soldiers based on "anonymous sources" but I really am looking forward to the debates to see if it either turns out not to be one of his "good days" or else they are going to insist on bathroom breaks.

The way the Biden team is quickly ending encounters with the press with no questions being asked only lends credence to this report. Is it because they don't want him to say something stupid or because he is ready to pee his pants?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... entia.html
I saw that on Reddit originally (not the best source), not sure where American Thinker got it.

But as the new journalistic standards dictate, it "rings true" so I guess that's good enough! ;)
Simonjester wrote: they had a similar rumor about Hillery during her campaign when her health was questionable.....
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

I saw that on Reddit originally (not the best source), not sure where American Thinker got it.

But as the new journalistic standards dictate, it "rings true" so I guess that's good enough! ;)
It started as an anonymous 4chan post. Also not terribly credible. 4chan is a mix of near genius level autistics and talented posers. So you never know whether you're getting solid gold or high quality LARP'ing.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯