Biden/Harris Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by shekels » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 pm



CONSPIRACY THEORIES

3 Reasons Why We Fall for Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracies give simple and straightforward explanations for complex and dynamic events or situations, but they also foster distrust and impede problem-solving. Here's how to combat them.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/351093

Vinny
But when the Theories turn out to be Real. Then what?

We just change the Narrative to Distract you with some other crisis.

Are you distracted Yet? :)


3. More than 100 million Americans received a polio vaccine contaminated with a potentially cancer-causing virus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/true-go ... es-2013-12
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by shekels » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am

Getting back on track.

Who is Joe. Dishonest or Dumb.

https://youtu.be/Ril6iYBO9Xk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by shekels » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 am

Mandatory buybacks is just a another way of saying confiscation.
Attachments
1 1 dsfsdafsdfdfsdfddf-630.jpg
1 1 dsfsdafsdfdfsdfddf-630.jpg (111.07 KiB) Viewed 304 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Kbg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:52 am

shekels wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 am
vnatale wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 pm



CONSPIRACY THEORIES

3 Reasons Why We Fall for Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracies give simple and straightforward explanations for complex and dynamic events or situations, but they also foster distrust and impede problem-solving. Here's how to combat them.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/351093

Vinny
But when the Theories turn out to be Real. Then what?

We just change the Narrative to Distract you with some other crisis.

Are you distracted Yet? :)


3. More than 100 million Americans received a polio vaccine contaminated with a potentially cancer-causing virus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/true-go ... es-2013-12
Yes, the truth is out there.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by glennds » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 pm

shekels wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 am
Mandatory buybacks is just a another way of saying confiscation.
Sounds like New Zealand. Frightening.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Wow, seven pages of... not much.

Who can actually make a case FOR Biden/Harris?

Cortopassi thinks they can give good speeches and deliver "all the feels" (my words, not his). Okay. Is that it?

What about policies? For those longing for what used to be the status quo, it sure doesn't look like that's what Biden/Harris have in mind. What actual policies of theirs are most important to you?
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4526
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by vnatale » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:21 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:21 pm
Wow, seven pages of... not much.

Who can actually make a case FOR Biden/Harris?

Cortopassi thinks they can give good speeches and deliver "all the feels" (my words, not his). Okay. Is that it?

What about policies? For those longing for what used to be the status quo, it sure doesn't look like that's what Biden/Harris have in mind. What actual policies of theirs are most important to you?
It's not all about policies. It's about hiring someone to do a job.

In prior campaigns who campaigned on policies on how they'd handle a pandemic, a financial crisis, a 9/11?

Therefore I want to hire someone to do the job who has the intelligence and competence and diligence to get the job done.

Trump seems to fail on all counts.

Biden is one of the worst choices the Democrats could have made but at least it would be an end to the reign of Trump. Someone who may or not be intelligent but refuses to be diligent in applying any intelligence to the tasks at hand and has proven to be incompetent in so many ways.

There was nothing to suggest he'd be qualified to do the job and his performance has just proven his how unqualified he was.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by technovelist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:53 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:21 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:21 pm
Wow, seven pages of... not much.

Who can actually make a case FOR Biden/Harris?

Cortopassi thinks they can give good speeches and deliver "all the feels" (my words, not his). Okay. Is that it?

What about policies? For those longing for what used to be the status quo, it sure doesn't look like that's what Biden/Harris have in mind. What actual policies of theirs are most important to you?
It's not all about policies. It's about hiring someone to do a job.

In prior campaigns who campaigned on policies on how they'd handle a pandemic, a financial crisis, a 9/11?

Therefore I want to hire someone to do the job who has the intelligence and competence and diligence to get the job done.

Trump seems to fail on all counts.

Biden is one of the worst choices the Democrats could have made but at least it would be an end to the reign of Trump. Someone who may or not be intelligent but refuses to be diligent in applying any intelligence to the tasks at hand and has proven to be incompetent in so many ways.

There was nothing to suggest he'd be qualified to do the job and his performance has just proven his how unqualified he was.

Vinny
The only reason you don't think Trump has been a successful President is that you have been brainwashed by the Marxist media.
I've already told you about a number of accomplishments he has to his credit, and you hadn't heard of most of them.
That should tell you something, but apparently the lesson is lost on you.
If you get what you want, you will be very sorry. I won't sympathize.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
MarketIfTouched
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by MarketIfTouched » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 pm

...There was nothing to suggest he'd be qualified to do the job and his performance has just proven his how unqualified he was...
Because anyone could design, build, pay taxes on, and manage a 98 story building in downtown Chicago?
Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Int ... _(Chicago)
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by technovelist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:08 pm

MarketIfTouched wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 pm
...There was nothing to suggest he'd be qualified to do the job and his performance has just proven his how unqualified he was...
Because anyone could design, build, pay taxes on, and manage a 98 story building in downtown Chicago?
Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Int ... _(Chicago)
Oh, that's so easy even a caveman could do it. ;)

Of course that's only one of his numerous gigantic buildings built and managed in some of the most hostile business environments in the United States.

“Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.” ― A.H. Weiler
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by Lonestar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:31 pm

sophie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:58 pm
Lonestar wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:47 pm
sophie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:03 pm
I remember that Trump leaned on the FDA to authorize hcq use for prospective randomized clinical trials. But when reports of cardiac arrhythmias surfaced, the trials were stopped. There are a number of retrospective, correlative studies with mixed results but these aren’t helpful.

If Trump had ordered the FDA to reverse its decision, you can imagine how that would have been reported. Pretty sure the media would have trotted out the H word. So I don’t think he had much choice really.
I would think prospective studies, directed towards the indication of Covid, would take a very long time
Not so. A couple of months at most, if conducted in hospitals crammed with COVID patients. No industry sponsor needed because the drugs are generic and cheap. In fact, I'm involved with a trial involving a generic drug (unrelated to COVID) right now, aiming to recruit just 10 patients. Research faculty and divisions generally have existing funds that could have been raided to pay for the HCQ & placebo pills, or you could have written a quickie NIH administrative supplement. IRB protocols were being super-expedited taking maybe 2 or 3 days to approval. If there's a big effect you don't need more than a handful of patients (maybe 30 or 40) in each arm - the trials requiring thousands of patients are because the drug has a minimal effect or only a small number of people are expected to have the outcome you want to avoid (e.g. death). That number would have been recruited in about a day in NYC back in March, where the daily new case counts hit 7,000. Then you just wait for outcomes, which is a matter of a few weeks. Given the situation, a report at 1 or 2 weeks, e.g. # recovered vs. still on vent vs. died, would have been appropriate.

If I were an infectious disease faculty member that's totally what I would have done. Sure, you could follow up with a bigger study if the small one was inconclusive, and you would have needed a bigger study (maybe 100 in each arm) if you wanted to see what happened when you gave it to, say, members of vulnerable populations at initial presentation.

I remember thinking that someone must be doing all these things at my hospital. I'm incredulous that this wasn't the case. There were some retrospective studies but those are honestly worthless for all kinds of reasons.
Sophie, your comments are interesting. So are you saying a small study in a reputable institution involving 40 patients or less, testing a generic drug, can be submitted to the FDA with the possibility of approval for a new indication?

If that is the case, from the anecdotal reports I've read, it looks like HCQ shouldn't have much trouble getting approved for Covid treatment.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by pp4me » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:45 pm

shekels wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 am
Mandatory buybacks is just a another way of saying confiscation.
Yes it is but even more worrisome than that she promised that if elected she would give the congress 100 days to pass gun control legislation or she would do it by executive order.

I wonder how well that would work out. When I heard she was Jamaican I thought she grew up there but I've subsequently learned she grew up in Berkeley, CA. Still, she probably didn't have much exposure to those bumper stickers that said I'll give up my gun when they pry my cold, dead hands from it.
Post Reply