Democrats Start to Worry Support for Portland Riots Will Help Trump

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Democrats Start to Worry Support for Portland Riots Will Help Trump

Post by WiseOne » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 am

I was reading an article this morning about how a wedding at a San Francisco Catholic church was broken up by city officials, after the participants tried to avoid detection by entering the church through an underground parking garage. The city got word of the wedding somehow and went so far as to locate the couple's wedding website to get details. Apparently that church has a history of defying the ban on gatherings of > 12 people, so I guess they were on the city's radar already.

I thought to myself that if the wedding guests and participants had worn "Black Lives Matter" T-shirts over their dress clothes and told city officials they were there to burn down the church and destroy religious icons, that would have been perfectly ok.

The cognitive dissonance regarding which large gatherings are deemed dangerous and which are publicly cheered never ceases to amaze me. I'm curious how many people have picked up on this.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:33 am

WiseOne wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 am
I was reading an article this morning about how a wedding at a San Francisco Catholic church was broken up by city officials, after the participants tried to avoid detection by entering the church through an underground parking garage. The city got word of the wedding somehow and went so far as to locate the couple's wedding website to get details. Apparently that church has a history of defying the ban on gatherings of > 12 people, so I guess they were on the city's radar already.

I thought to myself that if the wedding guests and participants had worn "Black Lives Matter" T-shirts over their dress clothes and told city officials they were there to burn down the church and destroy religious icons, that would have been perfectly ok.

The cognitive dissonance regarding which large gatherings are deemed dangerous and which are publicly cheered never ceases to amaze me. I'm curious how many people have picked up on this.
I doubt there are many people who are NOT aware. There have been continuous riots and protests for weeks now all over the country, but the neighborhood watering hole is still closed. One can't help but notice.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:52 am

WiseOne wrote:

Their may be more people picking up on this than we realize.

I noticed an interesting poll over the weekend citing people are hesitant to discuss their political views, particularly those who are conservative. They simply fear reprisal or offending someone with different political views. We may have a larger "Silent Majority" than we know. Unless the Democrats can offer a solution before the election, we made find the electorate rethinking their vote.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 pm

WiseOne wrote:

You have been anticipated: https://babylonbee.com/news/churchgoers ... s-rioters/