Trump or Biden incapacitated?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Trump or Biden incapacitated?

Post by vnatale »

What percent chance do you see of either Biden or Trump or both being incapacitated PRIOR to the election?

Going strictly by intuition and little thought or analysis I put Biden at 60%, Trump at 40%, and both at 10%.

I think by statistics that if I'm saying what I'm saying for each then the percentage for both is supposed to be 24%?

Maybe that is my intuition saying my percent for each is too high. But I think the proportions between the two are good.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: Trump or Biden incapacitated?

Post by Cortopassi »

Very little unless it is some unexpected event like a stroke. But I assume they both have access to the best care available and any risks are well known.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:15 pm Very little unless it is some unexpected event like a stroke. But I assume they both have access to the best care available and any risks are well known.
A stroke came to Woodrow Wilson when he was 62. Dead five years later. For the last 16 months of his presidency we essentially had his wife acting in his place as president.

Given both their ages (and with Trump's lifestyle of top of it) I don't rate it a low probability for either.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:26 pm
vnatale wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:07 pm What percent chance do you see of either Biden or Trump or both being incapacitated PRIOR to the election?

Going strictly by intuition and little thought or analysis I put Biden at 60%, Trump at 40%, and both at 10%.

I think by statistics that if I'm saying what I'm saying for each then the percentage for both is supposed to be 24%?

Maybe that is my intuition saying my percent for each is too high. But I think the proportions between the two are good.

Vinny
I would say Biden 100%, as he is already incapacitated for the job of President.
With Trump, given his age and general health, his life expectancy is about 10 years, and we can see he isn't incapacitated yet. So I would say that is a pretty small chance, maybe 1%.
Agree completely. Vinny, I assure you that if Trump was at serious risk of stroke or heart attack, his docs would have taken interventional measures.
Don't they both often times come out of nowhere with no warning? I've told people that I could turn out to be one of those people who, with no warning, am gone and people say, "He lived such a healthy life and I just saw him last week and all was fine." Finally, would Trump listen to his doctors? Do you think that they approve of his near no-exercise, terrible diet lifestyle?

Vinny
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

My uncle was an avid tennis player. Ate healthy. No drugs, minimal drinker. Retired and got along well with wife and family and friends; apparently minimal stress. Had his annual physical and was pronounced extremely healthy. Doctor told him to continue doing whatever he was doing as all his test results were great. He died of a heart attack a few weeks later at 73.

I think Biden is not mentally fit for president now, based on what I see of his public appearances. Trump seems mentally very sharp, physically so-so, and doesn’t show signs of stress overload. I’d say minimal chance of becoming incapacitated in the next few months as long as he stays clear of the Clinton gang. ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Mountaineer wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:22 pm My uncle was an avid tennis player. Ate healthy. No drugs, minimal drinker. Retired and got along well with wife and family and friends; apparently minimal stress. Had his annual physical and was pronounced extremely healthy. Doctor told him to continue doing whatever he was doing as all his test results were great. He died of a heart attack a few weeks later at 73.

I think Biden is not mentally fit for president now, based on what I see of his public appearances. Trump seems mentally very sharp, physically so-so, and doesn’t show signs of stress overload. I’d say minimal chance of becoming incapacitated in the next few months as long as he stays clear of the Clinton gang. ;D
Your first paragraph is what I was trying to convey regarding me!

Vinny
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

I don't know about the next 100 days.
But if Biden gets elected we should start preparing for President Tammy Duckworth or whomever. I think he is not all that good. If that is the case, I hope the general public can know it before election day.

Trump sounds sedated to me. Maybe it's just the way he reads a teleprompter.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I Shrugged wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:28 pm I don't know about the next 100 days.
But if Biden gets elected we should start preparing for President Tammy Duckworth or whomever. I think he is not all that good. If that is the case, I hope the general public can know it before election day.

Trump sounds sedated to me. Maybe it's just the way he reads a teleprompter.
That ALWAYS the way Trump sounds when he is reading from a teleprompter.

This is the way I analyze it. He wants to just say whatever he wants to say. That's when he in the flow, thrives on it. But his staff tells him, you cannot do that, you have to deliver the speech as written. This is exactly like a parent telling the child the child has to do it a certain way which is counter to the way the child wants to do it. The child complies. Somewhat. Has no heart in it. Just does enough to technically comply. That's Trump reading from a teleprompter.

Vinny
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I'm absolutely not qualified to comment on either of those old fucks health, but I'd be more comfortable if they were both binge drinkers link myself. I feel pretty much amazing every day of my life, which I attribute mostly to being young and not an old fuck. America.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 pm I'm absolutely not qualified to comment on either of those old fucks health, but I'd be more comfortable if they were both binge drinkers link myself. I feel pretty much amazing every day of my life, which I attribute mostly to being young and not an old fuck. America.
You do bring up one solid point.

How did we end up with not one but two ancient candidates?

Vinny
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Vinny, if you look up ages of past presidential candidates I think you'll notice a trend toward older age group - but remember, this is a HIGHLY select group. They have more energy and drive than you do, almost by definition.

When you first posed the question, my first thought is that Trump's leading possible cause of death is assassination.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

WiseOne wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:58 pm Vinny, if you look up ages of past presidential candidates I think you'll notice a trend toward older age group - but remember, this is a HIGHLY select group. They have more energy and drive than you do, almost by definition.

When you first posed the question, my first thought is that Trump's leading possible cause of death is assassination.
That is true. But no one is immune from the inevitable degradations of "Father Time". Obama was just about the perfect age in terms of overall energy.

Vinny