Who still supports BLM after this?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Who still supports BLM after this?

Post by dualstow »

WiseOne wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 am The responses were hysterical.

I’ve been quietly talking politics with neighbors — email not NextDoor — and we were surprised to learn we’re on the same page. I just had to make the first move. It kind of grew organically from a conversation about “is the trash ever going to get picked up?” This is a block where a number of my neighbors shined their flashlights into the sky for the number of seconds that G.Floyd had a knee on his neck, so i was initially hesitant.
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Bill O'Reilly explains the George Soros' connection to Black Lives Matter, as well as the organization's shady fundraising practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61do-MF ... e=youtu.be
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

A fascinating look at the ongoing revolution:
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... evolution/
Simonjester wrote:
good article !
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Xan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 pm A fascinating look at the ongoing revolution:
Overall a good article from a first quick read, except for this, which is clearly incorrect:
"Unlike Mao’s campaign, which lasted from 1966 to 1976, our revolution hasn’t been engineered from the top down."

George Soros and the rest of the globalist elites have been working toward this revolution for decades. They have decided now is the time.
I hope they are wrong, or the world will descend into darkness.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Xan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 pm A fascinating look at the ongoing revolution:
"All the while, armchair lynch mobs have continued to claim the scalps of those who veer from or merely stumble on the path to social-justice enlightenment. It is the full-time job of any American with a public presence to bow down before the identity cult."

Yep

and for WiseOne:

" As for the public, 62 percent of all Americans, according to a poll by the CATO Institute, now say they’re afraid to voice their political views lest they be punished professionally."
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

dualstow wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:45 pm " As for the public, 62 percent of all Americans, according to a poll by the CATO Institute, now say they’re afraid to voice their political views lest they be punished professionally."
Wow, that's higher than I thought. Not because I didn't believe that unapproved thoughts could lead to being fired or sanctioned, but due to the finding that 62% of Americans actually have those unapproved thoughts. That is cause for celebration!

Of course it goes without saying that those of us who live below our means, save a substantial portion of our income, and invest in the PP have an excellent form of protection that the vast majority of that 62% don't: financial independence. This is why I'm as free with my ideas on this forum as I am. If someone at my workplace finds out about this forum and links it to me, the worst that will happen is that I will say the following two magic words: "I quit." It is incredibly important to be able to say those words at need, even if you have no definite plans to do so.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

WiseOne wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:22 am
dualstow wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:45 pm " As for the public, 62 percent of all Americans, according to a poll by the CATO Institute, now say they’re afraid to voice their political views lest they be punished professionally."
Wow, that's higher than I thought. Not because I didn't believe that unapproved thoughts could lead to being fired or sanctioned, but due to the finding that 62% of Americans actually have those unapproved thoughts. That is cause for celebration!

Of course it goes without saying that those of us who live below our means, save a substantial portion of our income, and invest in the PP have an excellent form of protection that the vast majority of that 62% don't: financial independence. This is why I'm as free with my ideas on this forum as I am. If someone at my workplace finds out about this forum and links it to me, the worst that will happen is that I will say the following two magic words: "I quit." It is incredibly important to be able to say those words at need, even if you have no definite plans to do so.
Yes, having an adequate amount of FU money is very liberating.

I found that out in 2010 when I was working at a megacorp and found out that I was going to subjected to an arbitrary firing that had to be meted out to 10% of the workforce every year. My manager hated doing that but otherwise it would be his scalp. I cheered him up a bit by saying "I'll resign instead. That way you can get credit for my leaving without having to fire me."

In fact he changed his career path soon thereafter, going from manager to "individual contributor", I suspect largely because of that arbitrary rule.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

Well, Well, Well..
I guess the Police are not enough for scared citizens.
Some of these areas are Looking more like places in the 3rd World.

Mercenaries from Iconic Global USA are on the streets of Seattle, Washington to stop any riots

https://youtu.be/vD4j-CRuiFI
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

shekels wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:52 am Well, Well, Well..
I guess the Police are not enough for scared citizens.
Some of these areas are Looking more like places in the 3rd World.

Mercenaries from Iconic Global USA are on the streets of Seattle, Washington to stop any riots

https://youtu.be/vD4j-CRuiFI
How can I buy stock in mercenaries?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

P.S.

Protestor: Help, my rights have been violated by mercenaries!
Police: Sorry, man, you defunded us. We don't have the manpower to do anything about it.
Simonjester wrote:
lmao...
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

BLM mob demands white people move out of their houses and give their homes to black people....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294076760078684160

They apparently think the people in these houses work for Amazon and they don't like Jeff Bezos very much. Interesting since he's a big BLM supporter.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

That's been going on since before the pandemic. Maybe 2017 - remember that girl who demanded white people give up their homes to blac k and brown ones, and then some dumb white guy suggested that she was employing satire?
As a Heeb, I get a little cringey when people suggest I give up my home. O0 (but also :-\ )
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

"Racism is not dead but is on life support, only being kept alive by politicians and 'race hustlers' and people who get a sense of moral superiority by denouncing others as racist" - Thomas Sowell, P.H.D

https://youtu.be/xSd2bVCtUgk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT »

dualstow wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 am P.S.

Protestor: Help, my rights have been violated by mercenaries!
Police: Sorry, man, you defunded us. We don't have the manpower to do anything about it.
Protestor: I am protesting because only rich people can afford mercenaries! - Where is the protection for all
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

pp4me wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 am BLM mob demands white people move out of their houses and give their homes to black people....

They apparently think the people in these houses work for Amazon and they don't like Jeff Bezos very much. Interesting since he's a big BLM supporter.
Anyone who gives an inch to them can expect to be shaken down further.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Slightly less direct than a mugging, but essentially the same concept.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Libertarian666 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:57 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 am BLM mob demands white people move out of their houses and give their homes to black people....

Anyone who gives an inch to them can expect to be shaken down further.
Some people just can't seem to figure that out. "White Fragility" means one thing to white liberals (of whom I saw a lot in that crowd), but quite another to BLM.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

I think this guy in the video needs to be reported for not wearing a mask.. ;)

https://youtu.be/gHSVjmO4iJY?t=135
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Yikes, Tim Pool talks about a BLM/Antifa psychopath who kicks a guy in the head after he's knocked out on the ground, now police are asking him to turn himself in. Apparently he was ID'd by 4Chan? This happened in Portland, so he'll either be released by the DA or BLM will post his bail. Tim does mention some arrests, especially via the Feds, so some sanity is out there.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:25 pm Yikes, Tim Pool talks about a BLM/Antifa psychopath who kicks a guy in the head after he's knocked out on the ground, now police are asking him to turn himself in. Apparently he was ID'd by 4Chan? This happened in Portland, so he'll either be released by the DA or BLM will post his bail. Tim does mention some arrests, especially via the Feds, so some sanity is out there.
I haven't heard Tim Pool recently, but I heard about an incident that matches up with yours. They nabbed him but yeah, very creepy. No respect for life.