Who still supports BLM after this?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Who still supports BLM after this?

Post by l82start » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:54 pm

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Has anyone noticed that antifa is almost exclusively made up of seemingly homeless freaks and effeminate males dressed like vaguely Tali from Mass Effect?

It's bewildering.
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:51 am

Imagine my shock.
This needs to happen all over the country so that even the Marxist media won't be able to keep people from finding out about it.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:07 pm

I'm rethinking all of my Q3 business plans. Since companies will obviously need their own security forces going forward, it seems redundant to also hire employees. I'm going to put the old gang back together. I think my newly formed security corp would love to form raiding parties on their slow days. There are some full-stack engineers and front desk gals in Seattle and San Francisco that I could use. I just need one strong commander that can give the troops free rein to pillage and loot as long as they bring me back all of the engineers and hospitality hostesses unharmed. Kriegsspiel, pm me.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Do you operate black sites? Ahh fuck it, it sounds good either way.
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 pm
Do you operate black sites? Ahh fuck it, it sounds good either way.
Not anymore. Sold in 2015. We had about 2 dozen guys in the sandbox at any one time. Air and ground.

Funny, I just noticed that my last non-compete fell off earlier this year. I do like to compete :)
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:38 pm

That stuff sounds too nice for me to have played with. Ravens and preds only for this guy.
- Ecclesiastes
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:38 pm
That stuff sounds too nice for me to have played with. Ravens and preds only for this guy.
Those were beautiful birds. We did a couple of test mounts on their hard points, but it was never practical.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:33 am

Joking aside, are we getting close to the point where we will read daily pieces about a mass exodus of police officers to private security?
RIP Ron Cobb (Daily Check-in Thread).
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Just had a discussion tonight with a detective with a local university. He is thinking of leaving his position due to his belief that the state will be taking away qualified immunity for those in law enforcement.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:08 pm

I don't know about police officers shifting to new jobs, but there is a huge spike in police officers suddenly deciding to retire:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/08/nypd-limi ... this-week/