Who still supports BLM after this?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Who still supports BLM after this?

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 am

"'BLM Now': Man arrested after photo of kneeling on White toddler's neck goes viral"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ing-white/

Had enough yet?
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Who still supports BLM after this?

Post by pp4me » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:25 pm

The city of Safety Harbor which is the next city over from me on the shores of Tampa Bay just put up a BLM sign in front of city hall. It's kind of an artsy community with concerts in the park and street festivals all the time so I'm not surprised by the virtue signalling.

On the NextDoor website for our neighborhood which I subscribe to someone posted about how proud they were of the city council for posting the sign and you wouldn't believe the vitriol going back and forth with lots of name calling ("racist", "karen", etc). I posted myself and asked when we should expect to start hearing about SHOT (Safety Harbor Occupied Territory).

Funny thing is, I'll bet there aren't even 10 black people living in that city.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:54 pm

pp4me wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:25 pm
The city of Safety Harbor which is the next city over from me on the shores of Tampa Bay just put up a BLM sign in front of city hall. It's kind of an artsy community with concerts in the park and street festivals all the time so I'm not surprised by the virtue signalling.

On the NextDoor website for our neighborhood which I subscribe to someone posted about how proud they were of the city council for posting the sign and you wouldn't believe the vitriol going back and forth with lots of name calling ("racist", "karen", etc). I posted myself and asked when we should expect to start hearing about SHOT (Safety Harbor Occupied Territory).

Funny thing is, I'll bet there aren't even 10 black people living in that city.
You don't need any black people to have BLM riots.
All you need is Soros funding.
sweetbthescrivener
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by sweetbthescrivener » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Most people who support black lives matter are supporting a movement and not an organization, or rather conflating the two. Whenever I see a black lives matter sign I want to pull out a Sharpie and amend it:

"Don't sign on till you have read their mission statement."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Equality, yes. The BLM movement, no.
RIP Ron Cobb (Daily Check-in Thread).
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:17 pm

sweetbthescrivener wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:29 pm
Most people who support black lives matter are supporting a movement and not an organization, or rather conflating the two. Whenever I see a black lives matter sign I want to pull out a Sharpie and amend it:

"Don't sign on till you have read their mission statement."
I wouldn't recommend doing that. While it is good advice to readers, it could get you killed.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:00 am

> All you need is Soros funding

Source? And what are his alleged motives
tomfoolery
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by tomfoolery » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:14 am

I never supported BLM from the beginning, it’s an inherently racist group to put the lives of one group above all else. If you say “all lives matter” they call you the racist, so they are hypocrites as well.

Add in looting and rioting and beating people up and blocking traffic and it’s hard to see why any rational person would support them.

Then when we point out the problems with their protest, they shrug and say “oh the looters and arsonists don’t represent us, they’re just a small group that happens to coincidentally be here alongside us”

Meanwhile the exact same BLM people go to Charlottesville and say “everyone who supports the second amendment is a Nazi because look, 1% of the rally is white supremacists”

When the narrative supports their cause, it’s okay to dissociate from a “small number of agitators in their ranks” unless it supports their cause to highlight a small negative group in an opposition, then that small minority represents the whole of the group they oppose.

Let’s not forget the overlap in BLM with leftists/statists pushing for government shutdowns and mandatory masks. Because covid is such a big deal. But if they want to protest, then covid doesn’t matter anymore. Let’s shut down all productive business because covid, but protesting is more important so that’s an allowable exception to gathering in groups.

To the level where even leftist state governments added in exclusions to social distancing to allow for large groups of protesting to occur.

Seriously, if you support BLM movement, I have to question your sanity and ability to logic.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:15 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:14 am
Then when we point out the problems with their protest, they shrug and say “oh the looters and arsonists don’t represent us, they’re just a small group that happens to coincidentally be here alongside us”

Meanwhile the exact same BLM people go to Charlottesville and say “everyone who supports the second amendment is a Nazi because look, 1% of the rally is white supremacists”
So true.
RIP Ron Cobb (Daily Check-in Thread).
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:38 am

Somebody more brave than me should go to city hall in Safety Harbor and put an "It's Okay to be White" sign beside the BLM sign.

The way things are going you would probably see white people fighting each other in the streets over it.

This article asks the interesting question of why, if the U.S.A. is a white supremacist nation, would a sign like that get you in so much trouble?

https://www.unz.com/article/its-okay-to-be-white/
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:54 pm

NATIONAL POLL: Will You Boycott Starbucks Since They're Printing 250,000 BLM Shirts For Employees To Wear? This question is required. *

https://trump.typeform.com/to/eadtEP?fb ... EcLsZfD5FM
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:00 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:54 pm
NATIONAL POLL: Will You Boycott Starbucks Since They're Printing 250,000 BLM Shirts For Employees To Wear? This question is required. *

https://trump.typeform.com/to/eadtEP?fb ... EcLsZfD5FM
I certainly will, and I'm not alone. BLM is a Marxist organization devoted to insurrection.