Porter Stansberry Under the Microscope

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Porter Stansberry Under the Microscope

Post by dualstow »

Porter Stansberry of Stansberry Research. I haven’t read too many good things about this man/firm that don’t come from their own ads, and they are everywhere.

“Man who predicted DOW 20,000 has new call” was referenced by WiseOne.
I have written about his paper mail touting natural gas just before prices crashed again.
Others have mentioned his 1 mllion(?) fine from the SEC.

Has anyone watched Netflix’ resurrection of Unsolved Mysteries? Don’t- it’s utterly boring. However, in ep1 1.1, Porter was named as a longtime friend and classmate of the featured person, a man who disappeared and then was found dead after having fallen through a lower roof of a big hotel in Baltimore.

When he first went missing, Stansberry offered the measly sum of $1,000 as a reward for anyone who found him. When he was found and the real investigation began, however, he put a gag order on the whole firm.

Stay away from this firm. All kinds of trouble swirl around it.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Porter Stansberry Under the Microscope

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:47 am
Has anyone watched Netflix’ resurrection of Unsolved Mysteries? Don’t- it’s utterly boring. However, in ep1 1.1, Porter was named as a longtime friend and classmate of the featured person, a man who disappeared and then was found dead after having fallen through a lower roof of a big hotel in Baltimore.
I know it's not the primary topic of the thread, but yeah, it's boring. I watched the alien abduction episode just because I looooove alien abduction movies/stories. Everything else was snooze-ville. Watching "Zodiac" was a much better mystery.
MicroMasters
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com