Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump's Mt. Rushmore speech

Post by vnatale »

Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm
stuper1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm Vinny trying to give Trump lessons on showmanship is like me trying to give Mark lessons on how to live the good life.
Well, I don't know. I mean it's not like Trump had a successful TV show or anything.
Oh, wait...
You are mixing apples and oranges here. What Trump actually does compared to the performances of those around him.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

WiseOne wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm What do you guys think of the announcement to create a new national park with statues of American heroes?
I love it, for the same reason as Libertarian666.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

dualstow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 am
WiseOne wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm What do you guys think of the announcement to create a new national park with statues of American heroes?
Ditto. It would be nice if something like this could/would give the violence lovers and those who are giving them a free pass some self-respect, and more importantly respect for others' property and lives, and respect for the city/state/country they obviously choose to live in. In my opinion, Jesus had it right when asked what are the two greatest commandments: love God, and love neighbor as yourself. When a growing number of people ditch those principles, our society increasingly diminishes in many, many ways.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Mountaineer wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 am
dualstow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 am
Ditto. It would be nice if something like this could/would give the violence lovers and those who are giving them a free pass some self-respect, and more importantly respect for others' property and lives, and respect for the city/state/country they obviously choose to live in. In my opinion, Jesus had it right when asked what are the two greatest commandments: love God, and love neighbor as yourself. When a growing number of people ditch those principles, our society increasingly diminishes in many, many ways.
He also had it right when he said all of this:

"Matthew 25:33-40 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'LORD, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Matthew 25:45 45"He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

I haven't heard him weigh in on the subject but my guess is that Ron Paul would not have voted to spend one penny of taxpayer money on Trump's idea.

I agree.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

pp4me wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:45 pm I haven't heard him weigh in on the subject but my guess is that Ron Paul would not have voted to spend one penny of taxpayer money on Trump's idea.

I agree.
When I first glanced at your email I thought you were responding to me and staying on the Biblical theme and saying that Paul the Apostle (previously known as Saul of Tarsus) would not have agreed.

But after I carefully read what you wrote. I'd have to agree with you that as a good Libertarian Ron Paul would say that there are no Constitutional grounds for the taxpayers money to pay for something like this.

This is just one of those many areas where the only difference between Republicans and Democrats / conservative and liberals is how far in each direction they'll go. Otherwise they are carrying out the same policies.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

vnatale wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:48 pm
pp4me wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:45 pm I haven't heard him weigh in on the subject but my guess is that Ron Paul would not have voted to spend one penny of taxpayer money on Trump's idea.

I agree.
When I first glanced at your email I thought you were responding to me and staying on the Biblical theme and saying that Paul the Apostle (previously known as Saul of Tarsus) would not have agreed.

But after I carefully read what you wrote. I'd have to agree with you that as a good Libertarian Ron Paul would say that there are no Constitutional grounds for the taxpayers money to pay for something like this.

This is just one of those many areas where the only difference between Republicans and Democrats / conservative and liberals is how far in each direction they'll go. Otherwise they are carrying out the same policies.

And, of course, the goal of each sets of parties / interests is NOT to put the interests of the American people first but, instead, to both equally serve their corporate masters and to maximize their possibilities of getting re-elected.

Vinny