Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Autonomous Enclave in Georgia, USA

Post by Lonestar »

Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:05 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm Slab City California
Terlingua Texas

Both are effectively free zones.
I've been to Terlingua. I can't say that I noticed much government but then I wasn't thinking of moving there.
Any semblance of government in Terlingua ended upon the death of Clay Henry, the Lone Star beer drinking goat that served as mayor.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:29 pm Any semblance of government in Terlingua ended upon the death of Clay Henry, the Lone Star beer drinking goat that served as mayor.
Okay. Now I have to visit.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

bedraggled wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:47 pm Vinny,

The closest listed neighborhood to Yankee Stadium is Highbridge. That is the name of the first bridge into Manhattan, built in the 1840s to bring a supply of clean water to Manhattan. The Stadium is in an area near MacCombs Dam park. There is also MacCombs Dam bridge. So, maybe the neighborhood is related to that. I think it is in the South Bronx at the boundary to the next adjoining area, West Bronx, where I lived.
I believe I'd usually use that MacCombs Dam bridge as a "shortcut" to take to New York City after Saturday afternoon Yankees games?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Mark Leavy wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 pm
Lonestar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:29 pm Any semblance of government in Terlingua ended upon the death of Clay Henry, the Lone Star beer drinking goat that served as mayor.
Okay. Now I have to visit.
Start by hanging out on the front porch of the hotel. You can find out which eating places are open which nights. They take turns being open, and have music usually.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Any semblance of government in Terlingua ended upon the death of Clay Henry, the Lone Star beer drinking goat that served as mayor.
That is Lajitas, the town to the west. Lajitas used to be a real town, but some rich guy bought it and turned it into a little theme park of sorts. It's not worth going to Lajitas.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

The mercury must have affected the Terlingualites. The walking dead comes to mind. Or a real oldie, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.