Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

John Nolte on CHAZ

Post by Libertarian666 »

Excerpt:

"Maybe we can agree that the federal government should protect us from foreign invaders and otherwise stay out of our business.

New York City can be its own CHAZ.

Wyoming can be its own CHAZ.

Southern California can be its own CHAZ.

Northern California can be its own CHAZ.

If the Austin CHAZ wants an abortion clinic on every corner and rural Texas wants abortion outlawed… Well, there you go.

Tear down or erect all the statues you want!

A CHAZ can be as large as a state and as small as a compound.

The more we eliminate central control and authority, the more we balkanize into societies governed by laws, mores, and rules that reflect our own personal beliefs, the happier we will all be and the less concerned we will be with how others live because it’s no skin off my nose if you legalize pot in your CHAZ and teach homosexuality in your schools, and it’s no skin off your nose if my CHAZ legalizes prayer in school.

Honestly, what’s wrong with that idea?

You go your way. I’ll go mine.

We’ve already self-sorted and migrated into Red and Blue enclaves where this could be pretty quickly put into place.

The federal government and some state governments are now so overbearing and powerful, every political decision is a bitter battle because we’re forcing our values and ideas on one another.

Remove that stress, and things can only get better.

I’m just saying think about it…"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... rowing-me/
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: John Nolte on CHAZ

Post by WiseOne »

He's assuming that CHAZ is sustainable. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the rosy picture painted in the press is not the reality. As far as I can tell reading between the lines, the place is totally dependent on a combination of handouts and raiding existing supplies and businesses. That isn't going to last long.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

WiseOne wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 am He's assuming that CHAZ is sustainable. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the rosy picture painted in the press is not the reality. As far as I can tell reading between the lines, the place is totally dependent on a combination of handouts and raiding existing supplies and businesses. That isn't going to last long.
They are planting small Gardens also.
https://mobile.twitter.com/fleccas/stat ... 2037301249
Attachments
EaXH11XU0AUGzh3.jpg small.jpeg
EaXH11XU0AUGzh3.jpg small.jpeg (120.26 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

WiseOne wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 am He's assuming that CHAZ is sustainable. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the rosy picture painted in the press is not the reality. As far as I can tell reading between the lines, the place is totally dependent on a combination of handouts and raiding existing supplies and businesses. That isn't going to last long.
Of course it's not sustainable. He knows it and so does everyone else.
But what would happen if a bunch of engineers and other capable people declared their autonomy, obviously with land they had purchased rather than appropriated by violence?
I think the results would be quite different...
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:09 pm But what would happen if a bunch of engineers and other capable people declared their autonomy, obviously with land they had purchased rather than appropriated by violence?
We could call it Dilbertstan!
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

I Shrugged wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:33 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:09 pm But what would happen if a bunch of engineers and other capable people declared their autonomy, obviously with land they had purchased rather than appropriated by violence?
We could call it Dilbertstan!
As long as it's not Elbonia.