Banning Chokeholds

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Banning Chokeholds

Post by stuper1 »

Anybody care to play a game of predicting the effect that banning the police from using chokeholds will have?

Here's my prediction: it will lead to more police shootings of people of all races.

Yep, just another example of progressive thinking that will hurt the exact people that it is supposed to help.

So, what is it that would help those people? The answer of course is teaching them personal responsibility. Good luck figuring out how to make that happen. Stronger families is what is needed, but I don't see any government policies that are going to really help there. Pandora's box has been opened, and now we all get to enjoy the consequences.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Banning Chokeholds

Post by Mountaineer »

stuper1 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:56 pm Anybody care to play a game of predicting the effect that banning the police from using chokeholds will have?

Here's my prediction: it will lead to more police shootings of people of all races.

Yep, just another example of progressive thinking that will hurt the exact people that it is supposed to help.

So, what is it that would help those people? The answer of course is teaching them personal responsibility. Good luck figuring out how to make that happen. Stronger families is what is needed, but I don't see any government policies that are going to really help there. Pandora's box has been opened, and now we all get to enjoy the consequences.
As long as we (our culture/our society etc.) don't value a man/woman/children family unit and all life (think how value for human life [shifted to propensity to accept murder by abortion]) has been taken over by a women's rights mentality I expect many people will continue behaving like the self-centered, it's all about me and what I want, thugs they have been taught to be.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.