I'm shocked, shocked! that most Americans don't want the cities burned to the ground

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I'm shocked, shocked! that most Americans don't want the cities burned to the ground

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Isn't it racist to not want the cities burned to the ground?

The last thing I ever want is for someone to label me as a racist.

That would be almost as bad as someone calling me a racially derogatory name.

Why can't people just grow up? Who cares what anyone calls you? If they call you something bad, just laugh and prove them wrong by going about your legitimate business. Just makes them look stupid.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I'm shocked, shocked! that most Americans don't want the cities burned to the ground

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:02 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:46 pm
Isn't it racist to not want the cities burned to the ground?

The last thing I ever want is for someone to label me as a racist.

That would be almost as bad as someone calling me a racially derogatory name.

Why can't people just grow up? Who cares what anyone calls you? If they call you something bad, just laugh and prove them wrong by going about your legitimate business. Just makes them look stupid.
Until a few years ago, "racist" meant something.
Now it is applied indiscriminately by leftists to anyone who objects to anything the leftists want.
It's losing its punch, which is good in the current situation because it disarms these extremely dishonest people.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:33 pm

"Racist" only ever meant something when it applied to official policies that treated people unequally due to racial characteristics.

When it is applied to individuals it means nothing I think. Why is that? Because nobody can read anybody else's mind. In other words, motive doesn't really matter. All that matters is actions.

When a white cop kills a black man, it really doesn't matter whether the white cop is racist or not. All that matters is whether he followed procedures properly. If he followed procedures properly, then it could easily have been a large, uncooperative white man underneath his knee, and the result would have been the same (except there would have been no media coverage). I'm not saying I like racism. All I'm saying is that I don't want to be in the business of reading other people's minds, because it's impossible. The media says the guy is racist. In other words, the media knows how to read people's minds. However, maybe the big guy would have ended up dead even if he was white. In other words, maybe the media thinks it knows how to read people's minds but actually it doesn't. Not that the media cares. All they want to do is get more internet clicks and make more money. If it ends up with the whole country in flames, even better, because then they get to cover that also and get more clicks and more money.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:33 pm
"Racist" only ever meant something when it applied to official policies that treated people unequally due to racial characteristics.

When it is applied to individuals it means nothing I think. Why is that? Because nobody can read anybody else's mind. In other words, motive doesn't really matter. All that matters is actions.

When a white cop kills a black man, it really doesn't matter whether the white cop is racist or not. All that matters is whether he followed procedures properly. If he followed procedures properly, then it could easily have been a large, uncooperative white man underneath his knee, and the result would have been the same (except there would have been no media coverage). I'm not saying I like racism. All I'm saying is that I don't want to be in the business of reading other people's minds, because it's impossible. The media says the guy is racist. In other words, the media knows how to read people's minds. However, maybe the big guy would have ended up dead even if he was white. In other words, maybe the media thinks it knows how to read people's minds but actually it doesn't. Not that the media cares. All they want to do is get more internet clicks and make more money. If it ends up with the whole country in flames, even better, because then they get to cover that also and get more clicks and more money.
Exactly.
Simonjester wrote: +2
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:22 pm

I was just watching the former police chief of NYC on Tucker Carlson and he pointed out that last year there were 40 police killings involving unarmed citizens in all of the U.S.A. Of those, 19 of the victims were white and only 9 were black. Presumably the other 12 were Hispanic, Asian, Eskimo, or whatever.

Also today I read a story about a broadcaster for an NBA team, I think it was in L.A. who tweeted a reply to somebody else's "Black Lives Matter" post by saying that "All lives matter". Apparently some basketball players got upset and he's been suspended because he's a "racist". Probably was all along but was just hiding it well as one person said.

Got me thinking with the help of a pipe and a few beers.

Is there anybody willing to go on one of the talk shows and talk about the problem of black narcissism? I think not, especially now. Maybe you could get somebody like Larry Elder or Thomas Sowell to talk about it but probably not because those men are smart enough to know it wouldn't be worth the blow back they would receive from multiple directions.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Leftists are much better mind readers than conservatives. Or at least they think they are. Or maybe it's just that conservatives couldn't care less what you think, or what color you are, or your gender, etc. All they care about is your actions. Of course, my statement is hyperbolic and idealistic, but hopefully there is a kernel of truth to it.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 pm

pp4me wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:22 pm
I was just watching the former police chief of NYC on Tucker Carlson and he pointed out that last year there were 40 police killings involving unarmed citizens in all of the U.S.A. Of those, 19 of the victims were white and only 9 were black. Presumably the other 12 were Hispanic, Asian, Eskimo, or whatever.

Also today I read a story about a broadcaster for an NBA team, I think it was in L.A. who tweeted a reply to somebody else's "Black Lives Matter" post by saying that "All lives matter". Apparently some basketball players got upset and he's been suspended because he's a "racist". Probably was all along but was just hiding it well as one person said.

Is there anybody willing to go on one of the talk shows and talk about the problem of black narcissism? I think not, especially now. Maybe you could get somebody like Larry Elder or Thomas Sowell to talk about it but probably not because those men are smart enough to know it wouldn't be worth the blow back they would receive from multiple directions.
I don't think black narcissism is a major problem overall.
The fact that the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are incessantly fanning the flames (no pun intended) of hatred and division is the biggest problem.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Just saw a poll from Reuters/Ipsos, "The survey conducted on Monday and Tuesday found 64% of American adults were “sympathetic to people who are out protesting right now,” while 27% said they were not and 9% were unsure."
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 pm
pp4me wrote:

The fact that the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are incessantly fanning the flames (no pun intended) of hatred and division is the biggest problem.
My friend John Derbyshire who used to write for National Review introduced me to the idea of black narcissism. That's part of the reason he no longer writes for National Review. The other was his version of "The Talk", originally written by a black man to warn his sons about the dangers of evil white people. His version turned it completely around, was published on TakiMag and he got fired the next day. The fact that the original version was anti-white racism of the purest kind didn't seem to matter.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 pm
pp4me wrote:

My friend John Derbyshire who used to write for National Review introduced me to the idea of black narcissism. That's part of the reason he no longer writes for National Review. The other was his version of "The Talk", originally written by a black man to warn his sons about the dangers of evil white people. His version turned it completely around, was published on TakiMag and he got fired the next day. The fact that the original version was anti-white racism of the purest kind didn't seem to matter.
I'm not saying that black narcissism doesn't exist or that it isn't a problem, just that I don't think it would be a major problem in the absence of the media and Democrat frenzy of white guilt.

As for the anti-white racism of "The Talk", I'm sure it did matter, but in the wrong way, i.e., it would be celebrated by self-loathing white people.

National Review is mostly worthless these days for that reason.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:51 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:44 pm

By the way, that Reuters article repeats the lie, since walked back even by Pelosi, that tear gas was used on peaceful protesters.
So Reuters is part of the "resistance" too.
I've noticed that more and more bias has been creeping into Reuters articles recently. They used to be good old fashioned bland news.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:48 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:51 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:44 pm

By the way, that Reuters article repeats the lie, since walked back even by Pelosi, that tear gas was used on peaceful protesters.
So Reuters is part of the "resistance" too.
I've noticed that more and more bias has been creeping into Reuters articles recently. They used to be good old fashioned bland news.
I worked for them for awhile in the 90's and didn't notice too much bias at that time.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 am

Agree with Kriegspiel - I've been noticing more and more bias in previously neutral news organizations - not just Reuters but also AP.

Here's an article on how reduced law enforcement impacts minority neighborhoods. It is rather sad that the people protesting (as opposed to rioting) have been duped into thinking that police are their enemy (thank you Xan for posting the data that debunks this idea) and this might well lead to worse living conditions for them. Even apart from the fact that small businesses in their neighborhoods have just gotten their second knockout punch.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _ago_.html

Selfishly, I worry that crime is easily exported out of minority neighborhoods. My neighborhood happens to be a bit harder for criminals to get to due to geography (tech will explain by PM if you like) but not impossible....we'll see.