Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Joe Biden, expert on blackness

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.47 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Someone in the DNC has to have the balls to find someone else to run other than Biden in the next couple months. Hilary was pretty much the only person who could have lost to Trump in 2016, they are going to be saying the same about Biden in 2020.

We have 35 years old as the lower limit to be president, there needs to be an upper.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Hard to believe they are really going to run this guy for president.

Then again, isn't that exactly what the Dems were saying about Trump in the last election?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

pp4me wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:58 pm Hard to believe they are really going to run this guy for president.

Then again, isn't that exactly what the Dems were saying about Trump in the last election?
Exactly!

The worst respective candidates for each party going against one another since I don't know when.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Joe Biden is now also an expert on beating Joe Biden:

https://youtu.be/s9k-MibU8RI
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Tortoise wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 am Joe Biden is now also an expert on beating Joe Biden:

It sure sounds funny to listen to! But I have to admit that he's actually saying "BE Joe Biden", rather than "beat". Him saying "beat Joe Biden" would require multiple simultaneous mental misfires (which he's probably capable of) but I think the "BE" theory makes more sense.

Interviewer (paraphrased): Are you going to govern the way Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders would?

Biden (the ending paraphrased): I have a 40 year record. Look at my record. I'm going to be Joe Biden. I believe that the progressives are right about A and B, but not about C and D.

If you substitute "I'm going to beat Donald Trump" it doesn't make nearly as much sense. So I think his error was not quite enough enunciation on the word "be" rather than saying his own name when he meant to say Trump.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Xan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:56 am
Tortoise wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 am Joe Biden is now also an expert on beating Joe Biden:

It sure sounds funny to listen to! But I have to admit that he's actually saying "BE Joe Biden", rather than "beat". Him saying "beat Joe Biden" would require multiple simultaneous mental misfires (which he's probably capable of) but I think the "BE" theory makes more sense.

Interviewer (paraphrased): Are you going to govern the way Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders would?

Biden (the ending paraphrased): I have a 40 year record. Look at my record. I'm going to be Joe Biden. I believe that the progressives are right about A and B, but not about C and D.

If you substitute "I'm going to beat Donald Trump" it doesn't make nearly as much sense. So I think his error was not quite enough enunciation on the word "be" rather than saying his own name when he meant to say Trump.
Agree, I watched it again.

And have you guys seen the other video of that lady and dog in Central Park?

https://www.syracuse.com/state/2020/05/ ... video.html

Now, I am not at all going to defend her, but the man explained what was discussed right before he started videoing, clipped below. It does make him sound a little weird/threatening as to what he might be planning on doing to the dog?
--------------------------
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/amy-coop ... -new-york/

ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It’s too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
HER: What’s that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won’t come to you.
ME: We’ll see about that…
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Xan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:56 am It sure sounds funny to listen to! But I have to admit that he's actually saying "BE Joe Biden", rather than "beat". Him saying "beat Joe Biden" would require multiple simultaneous mental misfires (which he's probably capable of) but I think the "BE" theory makes more sense.
Too funny. Well, looks like I was ensnared by fake news once again!

For some reason, Biden definitely places a glottal stop at the end of the word "be", making it sound much more like "beat".
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

I should also point out that his "I support A but not B, C but not D" discussion seems largely incoherent. If health care is a right, not a privilege, then how do you NOT support "Medicare for all"? Clearly he's saying whatever he has to in order to try to get both the left and moderate wings behind him, which is completely disconnected from what he actually believes, which itself is completely disconnected from what he would do as president. Par for the course I suppose.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Xan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm I should also point out that his "I support A but not B, C but not D" discussion seems largely incoherent. If health care is a right, not a privilege, then how do you NOT support "Medicare for all"? Clearly he's saying whatever he has to in order to try to get both the left and moderate wings behind him, which is completely disconnected from what he actually believes, which itself is completely disconnected from what he would do as president. Par for the course I suppose.
Even he doesn't know what he believes.
As to what he would do as president, the answer is "nothing". His handlers would run the country... into the ground.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

MangoMan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm
Xan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm I should also point out that his "I support A but not B, C but not D" discussion seems largely incoherent. If health care is a right, not a privilege, then how do you NOT support "Medicare for all"? Clearly he's saying whatever he has to in order to try to get both the left and moderate wings behind him, which is completely disconnected from what he actually believes, which itself is completely disconnected from what he would do as president. Par for the course I suppose.
Even he doesn't know what he believes.
As to what he would do as president, the answer is "nothing". His handlers would run the country... into the ground.
Reminds me of the end of Reagan's second term. He was a great president, but was incapable of doing things on his own at the end.

Starting out your term that way...not the same.
Fortunately I don't think there is much chance we need to worry about that.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Cortopassi wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:31 pm And have you guys seen the other video of that lady and dog in Central Park?

https://www.syracuse.com/state/2020/05/ ... video.html

Now, I am not at all going to defend her, but the man explained what was discussed right before he started videoing, clipped below. It does make him sound a little weird/threatening as to what he might be planning on doing to the dog?
--------------------------
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/amy-coop ... -new-york/

ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.
HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.
ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.
HER: It’s too dangerous.
ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
HER: What’s that?
ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!
HER: He won’t come to you.
ME: We’ll see about that…
I'll defend her. The words "I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it" coming from a big strong looking stranger and directed toward a small woman a few feet away with no one else around sure sounds threatening to me. Sorry but the explanation that this guy was reaching for the doggie treats he always carries, despite not walking with a dog, sounds more than a bit farfetched and incidentally isn't consistent with that statement. If I were in that position I'd have been scared too, and maybe enough to have called for help. Remember this is taking place in a city where violent crime is exploding as a direct consequence of the mayor's actions, and where a young woman was stabbed to death in a park not unlike that section of Central Park several months ago - with virtually no response from the police except to blame the woman for being there.

It appears that her sin was to describe the man as "African American" twice. Take note, you now have to be careful not to refer to gender or race of a person EVER, under any circumstances. Lest you get fired from your job. Scary times we live in.

On the other hand, having your dog off leash in the Ramble qualifies one as a bit of a self-centered jerk. And when someone complains to you about it, you should say "I'm sorry" and immediately put the leash on, and that presumably would have been the end of it. As a self-defense method, avoiding confrontation is a whole lot more sensible than whipping out a cell phone to call 911, and this woman should have known that.