So I got married! (Not really)

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

So I got married! (Not really)

Post by Smith1776 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:48 pm

I want to tell you guys about a bizarre dream that happened to me today.

There's this girl that teaches at the acting studio that I go to. We aren't close. I've met her in passing maybe a dozen times in like 2 years. She's always seemed nice, but I've never really given her a second thought after talking. Thanks to my license being suspended and now COVID-19, I haven't seen her in probably 6 months. I want to post a picture for context, but obviously that wouldn't be cool on a public forum. She looks vaguely like Karen Gillan though (actress from Jumanji, Doctor Who), so I guess this will have to do.

https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/2 ... gillan.jpg

Anyway, last night I had a vivid dream. You know those dreams you occasionally have that seem to last all night? Those that are incredibly detailed, real, and have a full timeline of their own? Think Inception level detailed.

The dream was that me and this girl got married. We didn't just get married. I fully dreamed out the photoshoot, the ceremony, saying vows, meeting relatives, talking to guests. Everything. We even did the cliche thing of taking the whole wedding party along to visit McDonald's together to eat junk food in our suits/dresses after the ceremony.

It was at McDonald's that I woke up.

Here's the truly crazy thing. After I woke up this morning there was a short time when I was groggy (maybe 20 minutes?) that I was head over heels in love with this random woman. Someone I barely know and have only talked to on a few occasions. Someone I haven't talked to in like half a year. Legit in love. Like, I would jump on a grenade for her. I was crazy in love. Newly married in love. Then I shook it off and suddenly I was back to normal.

I don't know what that was, but it was the most bizarre dream experience I've ever had.
PP: 20% KILO.B | 5% SBT.B | 60% VCIP | 15% VVL/VMO/VVO/VLQ
VP: 100% XGD
Liquidity: 90 Days of Expenses Bank Cash
Physical Bullion: 5% of Net Worth Gold & Silver
Knucklehead (noun): Someone who knows the expense ratio of everything but the value of nothing.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: So I got married! (Not really)

Post by Ad Orientem » Tue May 12, 2020 10:58 pm

I vaguely recall a vivid (at the time) dream about a girl I knew in high school in my senior year. Then I joined the Navy and never thought of her again until many years later when in a passing conversation with an old friend he mentioned her name. I asked what became of her and he said she had come out as a lesbian. Then I forgot about her again, until I read this post probably twenty years on from the last time. I am thinking that given my age, and the frequency with which she comes to mind, there is a good chance I will die without her name ever entering my mind again. Strange the things that jar one's memory.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Tue May 12, 2020 11:58 pm

It sounds to me like two quantum timelines crossed in your dream state. Maybe you really did live out both lives simultaneously, only to snap into one reality when someone observed you in the simulation. Just think of it as Schrodinger's girlfriend. :o
Mechanical engineer, history buff, treasure manager... totally not Ben Gates
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 am

Tyler wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:58 pm
It sounds to me like two quantum timelines crossed in your dream state. Maybe you really did live out both lives simultaneously, only to snap into one reality when someone observed you in the simulation. Just think of it as Schrodinger's girlfriend. :o
Well, Smith1776 does like cats. ;)
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 pm

It was seriously the weirdest dream-related thing that's ever happened to me. Later on I moseyed on over to her facebook profile, bemused. I just sat there and went "what the f#@k?"

Thankfully last night I just had my regular dreams of swimming in a big vault filled with gold bullion -- Scrooge McDuck style.
Knucklehead (noun): Someone who knows the expense ratio of everything but the value of nothing.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Gonna ask her out? :)

Gold swimming - yes!
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Dieter wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Gold swimming - yes!
She's unfortunately married in real life. ::)

I wish this whole incident was something I could tell her about so we could laugh about it. But I'm 99% sure she would take it the wrong way and just think I was some kind of creeper. Heck, if the roles were reversed I probably would.

Whomever I do marry must be okay with bullion ownership! ;D
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Wed May 13, 2020 3:56 pm

I've already told my wife that if Karen Gillan asked me to marry her, I would. She was also in Doctor Who for a few seasons.

;D
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:56 pm
I've already told my wife that if Karen Gillan asked me to marry her, I would. She was also in Doctor Who for a few seasons.

;D
She seems to be one of those women that keeps getting hotter by the year. :D
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 pm

When I was younger, I used to really pay attention to my dreams, keeping a journal of them and everything. The more you pay attention, the more you remember. I was aiming for lucid dreams. Aside from the flying, I decided one day that I didn’t want to remember them. O0
Tyler wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:58 pm
I love it.
New York City disbanded its anticrime unit of plainclothes officers on June 15, part of a $1 billion reduction in the city’s police budget. —WSJ
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Wed May 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 pm
Dieter wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Gold swimming - yes!
She's unfortunately married in real life. ::)

I wish this whole incident was something I could tell her about so we could laugh about it. But I'm 99% sure she would take it the wrong way and just think I was some kind of creeper. Heck, if the roles were reversed I probably would.

Whomever I do marry must be okay with bullion ownership! ;D
If the 25% of your portfolio in gold is enough to worry her, she will probably think you have enough money overall.

Assuming she knows enough to know that Gold ownership isn't "normal"!
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:09 pm

Dieter wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:51 pm

If the 25% of your portfolio in gold is enough to worry her, she will probably think you have enough money overall.

Assuming she knows enough to know that Gold ownership isn't "normal"!
It's funny. Ever since I adopted the PP, my gold holdings are "the conversation" I've had to have with any particular girl I've been dating at the moment.