Warren Buffet goes nuts and exposes the fraud that is the USA

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

CT-Scott
Executive Member
Executive Member

Warren Buffet goes nuts and exposes the fraud that is the USA

Post by CT-Scott »

Unlike so many in the knuckleheads forum, I'm not a Warren Buffet groupie, but I just read this article and was pretty amazed and impressed by how clearly/simply/casually he expresses his confidence in the US economy based simply on the fact that this country can pay its own debts via their own printed-at-will currency.

Warren Buffett explains the simple reason why the US will never default on its debt
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-b ... 05213.html

I'm wondering if he's going through dementia such that he's being so open/honest about things that the elite would surely not want discussed.

What is never mentioned in this article is WHY/HOW such a thing is even possible. Why on earth would a country be able to print money to pay its debts with no one ever objecting? The answer is clear to anyone who isn't blind and/or immoral: because the USA has guns pointed at every other country on the globe. Everyone has to accept, with a smile, the printed money and IOU's that the USA offers, because what other choice do they really have?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Warren Buffet goes nuts and exposes the fraud that is the USA

Post by Xan »

Isn't that true of any country which is able to issue debt in its own fiat currency? There are many such countries, aren't there? I don't think the US are unique in that way.
europeanwizard
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Warren Buffet goes nuts and exposes the fraud that is the USA

Post by europeanwizard »

This is no secret and everybody who buys these treasuries knows this. The US isn't unique in this regard. There are multiple countries for whom the debt-to-GDP ratio is overboard. Here in Europe we have France and Italy. Japan also has gone nuts.

It's the reason, as I understand it, why they all love inflation so much. When everybody else really hates it.