vnatale wrote: ↑
Mon May 18, 2020 8:04 pm
pmward wrote: ↑
Mon May 18, 2020 7:50 pm
It is indeed hard to beat an incumbent. But Trump is a bit of a special case. Never before in history have we had a president that was anything close to this polarizing. Trump's entire term has been a roller coaster. Trump's actions have polarized a lot of swing voters and people that normally wouldn't vote to vote "not Trump" regardless of who he is up against. I've said this here before, but Trump's biggest threat is himself. If he loses, it really is him losing not the other guy winning.
I know he has his base who would never ever NOT vote for him. However, I don't see how he's done anything to attract ANY new voters or how he holds on to all who voted for him but are not part of his base.
In other words, I can only see him getting less votes than he did the first time around while the Democrats are going to out in force this time to vote for whoever is the candidate just to get rid of him.
Obviously you have been ingesting WAY too much lamestream media garbage.
Here's a very incomplete list of ways that Trump has been attempting to attract new voters:
1. Minority voters, by prison reform (The "first step act"), which has let tens of thousands of minority prisoners out of prison.
2. The same, by enforcing immigration laws. Minorities suffer the most from illegal immigrant labor competition.
3. Small business owners, by pointing out how the Democrat governors with their insane lockdown orders are harming them.
4. The same, by cutting burdensome regulations wholesale.
5. Veterans, by VA choice and VA accountability.
6. Evangelicals and other conservative groups, by appointing originalist judges as he said he would.
7. Families in general, by the tax cuts including new child tax credits.
8. People with serious medical conditions, by the Right to Try Act.
9. Moderate-income people, by eliminating the ACA mandate.
10. Moderate-income people, by bringing numerous manufacturing jobs back to the US via trade negotiations.
11. American Jews, by supporting Israel, including moving the embassy to Jerusalem.
Of course you can claim all of those are meaningless, but you can't claim he hasn't done anything along those lines.