Chen Lin

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Chen Lin

Post by AdamA »

Disclaimer:  I am in no way considering subscribing to this newsletter or using any of this guy's advice.  I am just curious.

I have heard this guy interviewed several times and he strikes me as an intelligent and very good/savvy stock picker.  

Just wondering if anyone knows who he is and was also curious as to opinions on the crediblity of his advertised track record (link).

http://www.miningstocks.com/chen/index.php
Last edited by AdamA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chen Lin

Post by MediumTex »

The question I always ask myself is why, if Chen Lin makes so much money trading, he is wasting his time putting out a newsletter.

Beyond that, I don't have any basis for evaluating someone who claims to be able to consistently beat the market with his stock picks.

Harry Browne said if you want to sabotage such a system, just start using it in your own account and it normally promptly stops working.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

MediumTex wrote: Harry Browne said if you want to sabotage such a system, just start using it in your own account and it normally promptly stops working.
Preaching to the choir on that one. 

I guess I'm just curious about it because the group of guys at miningstocks.com just seem so doggone genuine and sincere regarding there dedication to "sound money" and the gold standard.
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
Storm
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Storm »

Funny thing about his recommendations - read the sample newsletter:
Note: If stock was recommended this year, the price of 1/1/10 defaults to initial purchase price
So basically, he can pick a stock at any time throughout the year, and show 300% returns because he pretends like he purchased it on January 1st.  Nice!

All I need is a Delorean, a mad scientist, some plutonium, and a few copies of Chen's newsletter and I'm gonna be rich!
Last edited by Storm on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I came here for financial advice, but I've ended up with a bunch of shave soaps and apparently am about to start eating sardines.  Not that I'm complaining, of course." -ZedThou