Isn't there an Avatar Thread?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Isn't there an Avatar Thread?

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:28 am

OK, more thread drift! For those who might want a different pocket knife, check out the Spyderco Delica 4. By far the best pocket knife I've ever had. Holds an edge really well. Suitable for lots of different cutting needs from food and cardboard cutting to personal defense and everything in between. Medium Tex recommended it to me several years ago. It's an awesome knife.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089DFGIG?ta ... th=1&psc=1
Its OK if some people don’t like you, not everyone has good taste.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Oh man... I like it. And to keep this thread on track, I'll see if I can work it into an avatar sometime soon.
Mark
ridge.jpeg
ridge.jpeg (95.06 KiB) Viewed 288 times
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:51 pm

That was fast!
RIP Ron Cobb (Daily Check-in Thread).
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 pm
Oh man... I like it. And to keep this thread on track, I'll see if I can work it into an avatar sometime soon.
Mark

ridge.jpeg
Very cool looking. But aside form the RFID protection, how is this better that what I do, which is take my driver's license and one credit card with some cash and stick it in my front pocket? I mean, that has to be bulkier and heavier...
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 am

So it's about the size of a iPhone 3, and it's made of metal? Do you just put it in your front pocket or do you try to sit on it?

FWIW I've used the same wallet since I was about 12. It's held up remarkably well. In fact, it's one of the oldest items that I own. Perfectly molded to my buttcheek.
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:29 am

I don’t know how big an iphone 3 is, but this is about the size of a credit card, with a thickness closer to a matchbook. One boxy one or two foldy ones.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 am

pugchief wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 am
Very cool looking. But aside form the RFID protection, how is this better that what I do, which is take my driver's license and one credit card with some cash and stick it in my front pocket? I mean, that has to be bulkier and heavier...
It's not going to beat that. But if you need a couple of cards, a driver's license and some cash, it makes the whole bundle more manageable. Plus, it's titanium. And I do like me some titanium.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 am
pugchief wrote:
It's not going to beat that. But if you need a couple of cards, a driver's license and some cash, it makes the whole bundle more manageable. Plus, it's titanium. And I do like me some titanium.
Might be good for self defense in a pinch, stopping a stray bullet or blade. Can’t hit someone in the face with a few bills folded over a credit card. O0

More importantly, it is an excellent organizer for those of us who carry multiple cards, plus some cash.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:53 am

dualstow wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 am
Mark Leavy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 am
pugchief wrote:
Might be good for self defense in a pinch, stopping a stray bullet or blade. Can’t hit someone in the face with a few bills folded over a credit card. O0

More importantly, it is an excellent organizer for those of us who carry multiple cards, plus some cash.
Great, if someone tries to stab me in the left hip, I'd be covered. :o
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:15 pm

It's easier to just stay out of sketchy neighborhoods. :P
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm