Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:55 pm
I just ate a full-sized mooncake all to myself, and now it feels like I have a brick in my stomach.
That’s pretty much what it is. O0 Had 3 the other night. The small size. Nutritional info says 100 calories. I don’t think so. Maybe they left a zero off.
It really hit the spot. I'm treating myself to, well, treats since coming back from my fiasco. Definitely helps. :D
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 am
dualstow wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:55 pm
I just ate a full-sized mooncake all to myself, and now it feels like I have a brick in my stomach.
That’s pretty much what it is. O0 Had 3 the other night. The small size. Nutritional info says 100 calories. I don’t think so. Maybe they left a zero off.
It really hit the spot. I'm treating myself to, well, treats since coming back from my fiasco. Definitely helps. :D
Therapeutic eating?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 am

Therapeutic eating?

Vinny
Very therapeutic. I'm also treating myself to fruit snacks. It's like 3rd grade all over again! ;D
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Mesa Verde is a just a fictional analog of Wells Fargo.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Don't understand that. But Mesa Verde is a local restaurant near me. And, they sponsored by softball team for several years.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:41 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:30 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Don't understand that. But Mesa Verde is a local restaurant near me. And, they sponsored by softball team for several years.

Vinny
Hehe Mesa Verde is the name of the bank that is featured in Better Call Saul.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:41 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:30 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

Vinny
Hehe Mesa Verde is the name of the bank that is featured in Better Call Saul.
Kim's bank! Forgot that!

Vinny
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 am

One very upset economist :o

This 2080 projection is based off VERY OPTIMISTIC assumptions & this assumes that Australia can get a responsible govt for 50 years!
This is a FANTASY!
Australia will NEVER RECOVER!
AUSTRALIA DIED ON 6 OCTOBER 2020!
IT’S OVER!
https://www.news.com.au/…/…/15595c7df64 ... a01ff18fc4
Josh Frydenberg and Scott Morrison have saddled Australia with a century of debt.

NEWS.COM.AU
Australia’s national debt won’t be paid off until 2080
Josh Frydenberg and Scott Morrison have saddled Australia with a century of debt.

https://www.facebook.com/adamseconomics ... _tn__=kC-R
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:10 am

Tired of watching the US election campaign?
Get your popcorn and watch The Australian Political Circus 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbgagcr ... e=youtu.be

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-12/ ... ng/5071412
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:14 pm

:) :) :)
1k1zqp85kzr51.jpg
1k1zqp85kzr51.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:56 pm

IMG_7136.jpg
IMG_7136.jpg (328.28 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:29 am

How are you guys all doing today? O0
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:30 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:29 am
How are you guys all doing today? O0
Peachy. You?
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:32 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:30 am
Peachy. You?
I have to pee, but I don't want to get out of bed. ::)
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:33 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:32 am
dualstow wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:30 am
Peachy. You?
I have to pee, but I don't want to get out of bed. ::)
Fucking Millennials ^-^
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:33 am
Fucking Millennials ^-^
My current setup. Can you blame me for not wanting to get out of bed?

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (542.61 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:56 am

What? No dog on the bed? ;)
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:39 am

Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:56 am
What? No dog on the bed? ;)

I guess we can't have everything hey? :D
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:01 pm

For all of the Lifters on the forum...

I passed through Wichita Falls, TX early this morning. I had to stop by Mark Rippetoe's gym and get a photo.

WFAC.jpeg
WFAC.jpeg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

For those that haven't read it, here's the waiver you have to initial and sign to squat at Rip's gym.
ALL MEMBERS/GUESTS OF WICHITA FALLS ATHLETIC CLUB MUST READ THIS!

Wichita Falls Athletic Club is populated by unstable, unsavory and unpredictable people. Dangers are everywhere. You may fall, be injured or die. There are hidden dangers. You could break your leg. We do not inspect, supervise or maintain the membership, grounds, building, equipment, lavatories or other features or equipment. _______

Real dangers are present everywhere. Treadmills are not sidewalks. They can be, and are, dangerous. Treadmill features such as reading racks, control switches, and railings can break, collapse, or otherwise fail catastrophically at any time. We don't promise to inspect, supervise or maintain them in any way. They may be negligently constructed or repaired. They are unsafe, period. Live with it or stay away. _______

Wichita Falls Athletic Club, in addition to being dangerous, is surprisingly poorly equipped for your comfort and safety. Bring your own first aid supplies, because we don’t provide them, and don’t know how to use them anyway. Barbells and other objects can fall from the racks down onto the platforms. This can happen spontaneously, or may be caused by other members or by the staff, who may be unqualified and/or stupid. Barbell plates can shift, move or fall with no warning. Use of helmets is advised for anyone approaching the squat racks. They cannot be purchased or rented at WFAC, so you’ll need to bring your own. But they won't save you, especially if you get hit by something big or on another part of your body. Don't think it can't happen. Even if you know what you're doing, lots of things can go wrong and you may be injured or die. It happens all the time. _______

The heating and cooling system can be dangerous, regardless of the thermostat setting. Be prepared with extra clothing. Hypothermia, heat stroke, lightning, hot coffee and tea, etc. can kill you. Rain can turn the parking lot into a deathtrap. _______

WFAC does not provide supervision or security personnel. The other people in the gym, including other lifters, our employees, agents, and members, and anyone else who might sneak in, may be stupid, reckless, or otherwise dangerous. They may be mentally ill, criminally insane, drunk, using illegal drugs and/or armed with deadly weapons and ready to use them. In addition, you may experience what you perceive to be sexual harassment, from other members, the owner, or members of the staff. We aren't necessarily going to do anything about it. We refuse to take responsibility. _______

If you lift weights or exercise in any way, using any method, you may die or be seriously injured. You may develop rhabdomyolysis as a result of any workout, either immediately following the workout or days later. This is true whether you are experienced or not, trained or not, equipped or not. If you don’t know what rhabdomyolysis is, it is your responsibility to find out. We may not explain it to you correctly. It's a fact: lifting weights is extremely dangerous. If you don't like it, DON’T JOIN. You really shouldn't be doing this anyway. We do not provide adequate supervision or instruction. We are not responsible for, and do not inspect or maintain, the facilities. As far as we know, any of them can and will fail and cause your death. _______

There are any number of extremely and unusually dangerous conditions existing on and around the gym, and elsewhere on the property. We may or may not know about any specific hazard, but even if we do, don't expect us to try to warn you. You're on your own. First aid services are not provided by WFAC, and may not be available quickly or at all. Local rescue squads may not be equipped for or trained in gym injuries. If you are lucky enough to have somebody try to resuscitate you or treat your injuries, they may be incompetent or worse. This includes doctors and hospitals. We assume no responsibility. _______

if you decide to train at WFAC, even for a day, that's your choice. Don't do it unless you are willing to assume all risks. By joining the club, you are agreeing that we owe you no duty of care or any other duty. _______

We promise you nothing. We do not and will not even try to keep the premises safe for any purpose. The premises are not safe for any purpose. This is no joke. We won't even try to warn you about any dangerous or hazardous condition, whether we know about it or not. If we do decide to warn you about something, that doesn't mean we will try to warn you about anything else. If we do make an effort to fix an unsafe condition, we may not try to correct any others, and we may make matters worse! We and our employees or agents may do things that are unwise and dangerous. Sorry, we're not responsible. We may give you bad advice. Don't listen to us. In short, join WFAC AT YOUR OWN RISK. And don’t forget about the Rhabdo. _______

Printed Name __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Signed____________________________________________ _________ Date ____________________________
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:01 pm
For all of the Lifters on the forum...

I passed through Wichita Falls, TX early this morning. I had to stop by Mark Rippetoe's gym and get a photo.

WFAC.jpeg

For those that haven't read it, here's the waiver you have to initial and sign to squat at Rip's gym.
ALL MEMBERS/GUESTS OF WICHITA FALLS ATHLETIC CLUB MUST READ THIS!

Wichita Falls Athletic Club is populated by unstable, unsavory and unpredictable people. Dangers are everywhere. You may fall, be injured or die. There are hidden dangers. You could break your leg. We do not inspect, supervise or maintain the membership, grounds, building, equipment, lavatories or other features or equipment. _______

Real dangers are present everywhere. Treadmills are not sidewalks. They can be, and are, dangerous. Treadmill features such as reading racks, control switches, and railings can break, collapse, or otherwise fail catastrophically at any time. We don't promise to inspect, supervise or maintain them in any way. They may be negligently constructed or repaired. They are unsafe, period. Live with it or stay away. _______

Wichita Falls Athletic Club, in addition to being dangerous, is surprisingly poorly equipped for your comfort and safety. Bring your own first aid supplies, because we don’t provide them, and don’t know how to use them anyway. Barbells and other objects can fall from the racks down onto the platforms. This can happen spontaneously, or may be caused by other members or by the staff, who may be unqualified and/or stupid. Barbell plates can shift, move or fall with no warning. Use of helmets is advised for anyone approaching the squat racks. They cannot be purchased or rented at WFAC, so you’ll need to bring your own. But they won't save you, especially if you get hit by something big or on another part of your body. Don't think it can't happen. Even if you know what you're doing, lots of things can go wrong and you may be injured or die. It happens all the time. _______

The heating and cooling system can be dangerous, regardless of the thermostat setting. Be prepared with extra clothing. Hypothermia, heat stroke, lightning, hot coffee and tea, etc. can kill you. Rain can turn the parking lot into a deathtrap. _______

WFAC does not provide supervision or security personnel. The other people in the gym, including other lifters, our employees, agents, and members, and anyone else who might sneak in, may be stupid, reckless, or otherwise dangerous. They may be mentally ill, criminally insane, drunk, using illegal drugs and/or armed with deadly weapons and ready to use them. In addition, you may experience what you perceive to be sexual harassment, from other members, the owner, or members of the staff. We aren't necessarily going to do anything about it. We refuse to take responsibility. _______

If you lift weights or exercise in any way, using any method, you may die or be seriously injured. You may develop rhabdomyolysis as a result of any workout, either immediately following the workout or days later. This is true whether you are experienced or not, trained or not, equipped or not. If you don’t know what rhabdomyolysis is, it is your responsibility to find out. We may not explain it to you correctly. It's a fact: lifting weights is extremely dangerous. If you don't like it, DON’T JOIN. You really shouldn't be doing this anyway. We do not provide adequate supervision or instruction. We are not responsible for, and do not inspect or maintain, the facilities. As far as we know, any of them can and will fail and cause your death. _______

There are any number of extremely and unusually dangerous conditions existing on and around the gym, and elsewhere on the property. We may or may not know about any specific hazard, but even if we do, don't expect us to try to warn you. You're on your own. First aid services are not provided by WFAC, and may not be available quickly or at all. Local rescue squads may not be equipped for or trained in gym injuries. If you are lucky enough to have somebody try to resuscitate you or treat your injuries, they may be incompetent or worse. This includes doctors and hospitals. We assume no responsibility. _______

if you decide to train at WFAC, even for a day, that's your choice. Don't do it unless you are willing to assume all risks. By joining the club, you are agreeing that we owe you no duty of care or any other duty. _______

We promise you nothing. We do not and will not even try to keep the premises safe for any purpose. The premises are not safe for any purpose. This is no joke. We won't even try to warn you about any dangerous or hazardous condition, whether we know about it or not. If we do decide to warn you about something, that doesn't mean we will try to warn you about anything else. If we do make an effort to fix an unsafe condition, we may not try to correct any others, and we may make matters worse! We and our employees or agents may do things that are unwise and dangerous. Sorry, we're not responsible. We may give you bad advice. Don't listen to us. In short, join WFAC AT YOUR OWN RISK. And don’t forget about the Rhabdo. _______

Printed Name __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Signed____________________________________________ _________ Date ____________________________
From having twice read his Starting Strength book the above is NOT what I'd have expected to read!

Vinny
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:29 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:23 pm

From having twice read his Starting Strength book the above is NOT what I'd have expected to read!

Vinny
It's okay, Vinny. We know your sarcasm meter is broken. I don't have an ear for music. It's all good.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:29 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Vinny
It's okay, Vinny. We know your sarcasm meter is broken. I don't have an ear for music. It's all good.
Not real??!!! It is linked to their web site?!!

http://www.wfac-gym.com/files/wfac_wav.pdf

Vinny
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Not real??!!! It is linked to their web site?!!

http://www.wfac-gym.com/files/wfac_wav.pdf

Vinny
It's real. I must have misunderstood the confusion.

What is the disconnect that you found?

And for reference, Rip is a card carrying small 'L' libertarian, weight lifter, Texan, horseman, sharp shooter, motorcyclist, rancher, trumpet player and bourbon aficionado.

I've met him a few times. He is the real deal.

What were you expecting?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm

That is a fantastic waiver.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:13 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:49 pm
Xan wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm
That is a fantastic waiver.
Yes, it is. But it would never hold up in court; it's pure satire.
Do any of those things really do much anyway?