Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Wow. I had that for the first time about a month ago. Pretty good.
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3467
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by pugchief » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm

That explains why I prefer IPAs to stouts and bocks. I like hoppiness over maltiness any day.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm

pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm
That explains why I prefer IPAs to stouts and bocks. I like hoppiness over maltiness any day.
Once again, I go with Pugmeister’s taste profile - oh my, did I use the word profile? Vinny, please do not turn me in to the AOC police. ;)
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3467
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by pugchief » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm
That explains why I prefer IPAs to stouts and bocks. I like hoppiness over maltiness any day.
Once again, I go with Pugmeister’s taste profile - oh my, did I use the word profile? Vinny, please do not turn me in to the AOC police. ;)
Some day, you and I will clink glasses to a nice hoppy, citrusy, IPA Mountaineer. Whoever wants to join us is welcome. As long as you stay 6 ft away.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2528
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Xan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Blech! No hoppiness for me, thanks.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm

pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
pugchief wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm
That explains why I prefer IPAs to stouts and bocks. I like hoppiness over maltiness any day.
Once again, I go with Pugmeister’s taste profile - oh my, did I use the word profile? Vinny, please do not turn me in to the AOC police. ;)
Some day, you and I will clink glasses to a nice hoppy, citrusy, IPA Mountaineer. Whoever wants to join us is welcome. As long as you stay 6 ft away.
Deal!
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by technovelist » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 am
Day 14 here.....and for the record....I last had any alcohol in December 1974 (45 years ago) and, also, no other recreational drugs since.

Vinny
So that's your problem.
Makes sense to me.
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:50 pm

technovelist wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm
vnatale wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 am
Day 14 here.....and for the record....I last had any alcohol in December 1974 (45 years ago) and, also, no other recreational drugs since.

Vinny
So that's your problem.
Makes sense to me.
;D ;D ;D. No disrespect intended. That’s just funny!
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Xan wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm
Blech! No hoppiness for me, thanks.
Yup. I like every type of beer except IPAs. My favorite is hefeweizen.
All of humanity’s problems with coronavirus stem from a man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.
- Blasé Kriegsspiel
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Pug, we are going to have to undertake a re-education campaign for the unwashed. ;)
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3515
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by sophie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Daily check-in from NYC.

Trying to ignore the news, except for watching Cuomo's daily broadcast and compiling a chart of daily new COVID cases in NYC, which I posted in the coronavirus thread. Cuomo's broadcasts are getting better every day. Either that, or I'm appreciating them more. Highly recommend you guys pull them up on youtube.

Today I did some work on a journal article in revision, got hit up for a feature in the chair's weekly newsletter (just published an article a few days ago), obsessed inappropriately about a university hiring freeze that cuts off a postdoc hire in progress I desperately needed to happen (and so did she), and participated in a remote graduate student thesis committee meeting/qualifying exam. Then got an email asking me to add info to a spreadsheet with all our names on it, titled "Redeployment". This included my postdoc and research coordinator, so I had to warn them they may get a phone call.

Just had some tequila. Going out for a walk. I'm going to enjoy the weekend as best I can. BTW etoh-wise, I HIGHLY recommend a "Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog" liqueur that a friend of mine found. Incredibly yummy stuff.
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3467
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by pugchief » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:21 pm
Pug, we are going to have to undertake a re-education campaign for the unwashed. ;)
Yep. What's wrong with these people?
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm
Xan wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm
Blech! No hoppiness for me, thanks.
Yup. I like every type of beer except IPAs. My favorite is hefeweizen.
Hefeweizen would be my second choice if no IPAs were available.
Post Reply