Is Denninger right about the coronavirus?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Is Denninger right about the coronavirus?

Post by Libertarian666 »

ahhrunforthehills wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:40 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:20 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:14 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:56 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:28 pm Everytime I listened to him recently he was saying that if you go on a ventilator you will die. Sure thing. Guaranteed practically 100% of the time.

He kept quoting the same source that had something like a sample size of 26 people. As this thing spread he kept quoting the same source day after day after day. Sorry, that is just fear-mongering with a sample size that small when you are screaming from the mountaintops like he is doing.

I saw (elsewhere) a sample of 100 people where 66% died. The other 44% might have died if they were listening to Denninger and refused to be treated.

Who knows what the correct numbers are. I don’t pretend to be a medical expert... but he sure does.
So 110% might have died in that case? Wow, that really is serious!
Sorry, I don’t follow. But I doubt you intend to. So I guess we can just leave it at that.
Sorry, it was a joke about 66% + 44% not adding up to 100%. :P
My bad, lol. I got no good excuse for that shoddy math job. Sorry for the snappy reply.

I just find it sad that people on a vent have not great odds. Literally 2 minutes after I posted it I heard the president thanking the media for not posting the mortality stats for people on ventilators. He said something like, “I know it, you know... and thanks for not writing about it”.

I have no doubt my dad listens to the doom and gloomers.. and by extension is heavily influenced by people like Ticker Guy. I would hate for him to one day make decisions based on assumptions gleamed from such limited information.

Sorry again.
Sure, no problem. Many people are on edge for obvious reasons.