Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by sophie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Interesting question!

The cat had renal failure and loss of appetite. She got better with a shot of antibiotics and an appetite stimulant that I brought over - happened to have it left over from a sick cat episode of my own. No way to know if that was it, but the cat was a rescue who was thin/scrawny/sick when found.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:14 pm

This hour-long video, which just hit the internet, blew me away. A nurse from New York's Elmhurst Hospital, the "epicenter of the epicenter," describes in detail what's really going on--which in a nutshell boils down to nothing short of murder. I guarantee this video will be well worth your time, but it's likely to be taken down soon, so I'd recommend viewing it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIDsKdeFOmQ
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:43 am

The (scientifically) correct one.
There's this very disturbing set of studies where about half the articles printed in Science and Nature magazines, the two leading publications, involved experiments that could not be repeated by anybody.
- Peter Thiel
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:36 am

😂
And a wise one at that, in my opinion.
Essentials.
Karl Popper: Paradox of Tolerance
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 pm

re dualstow's signature
For more NYC misery, google “Rashid Brimmage”
Ah that wonderful bail reform law....this is just one of the many consequences. Too bad the mainstream papers ignored it. Can't have people drawing a line between Cuomo/deBlasio's actions and stories like this.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:21 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:43 am

That looks like one ply stuff we now have a bunch of. Not sure whether to throw it away or save it for the second or third wave.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:21 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:43 am

That looks like one ply stuff we now have a bunch of. Not sure whether to throw it away or save it for the second or third wave.
I'd hang onto it unless you are very tight for space. Better to have 1-ply than no plies!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:48 pm

It looks like he went for the Bud heavies, but maybe the Coors? Probably not relevant, but... you never know. The Wuhan works in mysterious ways.
There's this very disturbing set of studies where about half the articles printed in Science and Nature magazines, the two leading publications, involved experiments that could not be repeated by anybody.
- Peter Thiel
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:48 pm
It looks like he went for the Bud heavies, but maybe the Coors? Probably not relevant, but... you never know. The Wuhan works in mysterious ways.
Whenever you write “the Wuhan” my brain hears “You don’t mess with the...”
Karl Popper: Paradox of Tolerance
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 pm

YOU GET ME
- Peter Thiel
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm

This study (pre-print abstract only, not yet peer reviewed or published) found something quite interesting and unexpected: Some people infected with SARS-CoV-2 apparently develop T-cell responses to it without the corresponding B-cell antibody production, meaning even though they test negative for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies they have still in fact developed immunity to it.

If this finding is true, one implication is that testing negative for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies doesn't necessarily mean you haven't developed immunity. Another implication is that antibody prevalence in serology surveys may underestimate the number of people who have developed immunity.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20132449v1
Joe is just Biden his time now.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm
This study (pre-print abstract only, not yet peer reviewed or published) found something quite interesting and unexpected: Some people infected with SARS-CoV-2 apparently develop T-cell responses to it without the corresponding B-cell antibody production, meaning even though they test negative for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies they have still in fact developed immunity to it.

If this finding is true, one implication is that testing negative for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies doesn't necessarily mean you haven't developed immunity. Another implication is that antibody prevalence in serology surveys may underestimate the number of people who have developed immunity.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20132449v1
Very interesting!
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0