Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Still Dummying Up the Numbers

Post by Maddy » Sun May 23, 2021 6:09 am

Essentially, Covid19 has long been shown – to those willing to pay attention – to be an entirely created pandemic narrative built on two key factors:

False-positive tests. The unreliable PCR test can be manipulated into reporting a high number of false-positives by altering the cycle threshold (CT value)

Inflated Case-count. The incredibly broad definition of “Covid case”, used all over the world, lists anyone who receives a positive test as a “Covid19 case”, even if they never experienced any symptoms.

Without these two policies, there would never have been an appreciable pandemic at all, and now the CDC has enacted two policy changes which means they no longer apply to vaccinated people.

Firstly, they are lowering their CT value when testing samples from suspected “breakthrough infections”. From the CDC’s instructions for state health authorities on handling “possible breakthrough infections” (uploaded to their website in late April): For cases with a known RT-PCR cycle threshold (Ct) value, submit only specimens with Ct value ≤28 to CDC for sequencing. (Sequencing is not feasible with higher Ct values.)

Throughout the pandemic, CT values in excess of 35 have been the norm, with labs around the world going into the 40s. Essentially labs were running as many cycles as necessary to achieve a positive result, despite experts warning that this was pointless (even Fauci himself said anything over 35 cycles is meaningless).

But NOW, and only for fully vaccinated people, the CDC will only accept samples achieved from 28 cycles or fewer. That can only be a deliberate decision in order to decrease the number of “breakthrough infections” being officially recorded.

Secondly, asymptomatic or mild infections will no longer be recorded as “covid cases”.

That’s right. Even if a sample collected at the low CT value of 28 can be sequenced into the virus alleged to cause Covid19, the CDC will no longer be keeping records of breakthrough infections that don’t result in hospitalisation or death.
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/caug ... ases-among
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by murphy_p_t » Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 am

Deep state has decided this stage of the plan-demic has gone far enough
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun May 23, 2021 12:54 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 am
Deep state has decided this stage of the plan-demic has gone far enough
Not only that, they appear to be throwing Fauci under the bus.

Here's my guess: They put Fauci in charge of this thing precisely because they had the goods on him for his illegal funding of a CCP-controlled bioweapons operation that ended up sparking a worldwide pandemic. (Who knows, perhaps the powers-that-be set Fauci up, knowing his proclivity for the spotlight and his insatiable desire for power.) Luckily for Fauci, however, the laboratory concoction they cooked up largely failed, and the virus wasn't nearly as deadly as it was intended to be. Even so, Fauci, like Epstein, was a marked man, and he wouldn't have lasted a week either inside or outside of prison had the mainstream media and both political parties not been actively protecting him. As political assets go, it doesn't get any better than that.

With that hanging over his head, Fauci was perfectly and completely controlled--which made him the perfect choice for heading up a WEF-controlled campaign of terror that would cause ordinary, patriotic Americans to voluntarily relinquish their civil liberties and that would usher in a new, authoritarian world order. But the campaign is falling apart, and who knows what' else is happening behind the scenes. Maybe Fauci actually came to believe he had some power and attempted to cross his handlers. Maybe he began resisting the script as the lies he was expected to tell became increasingly more far-fetched. One thing seems relatively certain: The drivers of the plan have changed course and have left Fauci dangling, which is exactly what always happens when the guys in charge no longer have a use for their whores.

Those pesky control files. . .
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 am

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 am

Well the masks are optional at the grocery store. :)
The regular sign is still up, but half the employees and about all of the vendors were maskless. I asked an employee and she said "if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear it". yay.

No hint of verification. I don't think that's going to happen anywhere except the most extreme localities in some people's republics.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 24, 2021 11:38 am

Sounds like they have a very low vax rate.

The Olympics have to be in some jeopardy.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon May 24, 2021 6:25 pm

I wondered what John Ioannidis has been up to:
Conclusions: People <65 years old have very small risks of COVID-19 death even in pandemic epicenters and deaths for people <65 years without underlying predisposing conditions are remarkably uncommon. Strategies focusing specifically on protecting high-risk elderly individuals should be considered in managing the pandemic. link
Conclusion The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations and this may reflect differences in
population age structure and case-mix of infected and deceased patients and other factors. The inferred infection fatality rates tended to
be much lower than estimates made earlier in the pandemic. link
Forecasting for COVID-19 has failed
The most restrictive nonpharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) for controlling the spread of COVID-19 are mandatory stay-at-home and business closures. Given the consequences of these policies, it is important to assess their effects. We evaluate the effects on epidemic case growth of more restrictive NPIs (mrNPIs), above and beyond those of less-restrictive NPIs (lrNPIs).
. . .
Conclusions: While small benefits cannot be excluded, we do not find significant benefits on case growth of more restrictive NPIs. Similar reductions in case growth may be achievable with less-restrictive interventions. link
Conclusions: All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across continents, countries and locations. link
Should governments continue lockdown to slow the spread of covid-19? (debate)

And finally, his March 17, 2020 article, which has been posted here before.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon May 24, 2021 8:30 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 am
The regular sign is still up, but half the employees and about all of the vendors were maskless. I asked an employee and she said "if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear it". yay.

No hint of verification. I don't think that's going to happen anywhere except the most extreme localities in some people's republics.
Like Oregon!

https://www.businessinsider.com/oregon- ... ask-2021-5
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon May 24, 2021 9:43 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:30 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 am

Like Oregon!

https://www.businessinsider.com/oregon- ... ask-2021-5
I bet that quickly falls apart.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Tue May 25, 2021 8:34 am

Huh. So let me see if I understand this. Requiring ID to vote is Jim Crow on steroids, because God forbid we want to make sure that only citizens vote and only in the place they're supposed to vote in, and just one vote per person.

But, in order to go grocery shopping, Oregon says you need ID. That presumably is not Jim Crow on steroids.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue May 25, 2021 4:47 pm

This weekend I am taking my wife on a trip up to the Washington coast. The hotel called today to confirm my reservations and to let me know that the pool, gym and restaurant were all still closed due to Covid. Sometimes I forget what life outside of Texas can be like.

Edit: The county I am going to in Washington state has a 7 day average of 19 Covid cases and 0 deaths. But apparently they are still at 25% capacity restrictions.
Last edited by jalanlong on Tue May 25, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Wal-Mart here not as maskless as the grocery store. But no signs, so I went topless. A few other customers did too.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 pm

I went to Stop & Shop today. Sign was still up that one had to wear a mask. Everyone I saw was wearing a mask.

This week and last I've had several people coming to my house to give me quotes on tree work and driveway paving.

None of are wearing masks and all of us are acting like it's something in the deep past.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed May 26, 2021 5:52 pm

lololololzorz on the lab-leak.

via China Uncensored
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu May 27, 2021 9:58 pm

"“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control,” said President Trump. “It’s going to be just fine.” When he uttered those words he was at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland."

"On January 31, the United States government finally acted, sort of. It restricted travel by foreigners into the country and required any Americans returning from China to quarantine for fourteen days. “We pretty much shut it down from coming in from China,” said President Trump. By then, thought Carter, the virus was likely already so widespread inside the United States that the focus on foreign travelers was a pointless distraction. “It’s a waste of time,” he wrote after Trump’s announcement. “You’re protecting your front door from intruders and they’re taking your stuff out the back door.”"
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat May 29, 2021 8:07 am

New rule at Mendocino cafe - $5 fee for wearing a mask

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/artic ... 211337.php
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 pm

From the article:
Castleman said he doesn’t know anyone who has contracted COVID-19.

“That doesn’t mean it’s not real, but it hasn’t affected me personally,” he said.
SomeDude, is your real name Castleman?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun May 30, 2021 7:13 am

So just about every day now we're getting news of "new" revelations in the CoVid drama that point the finger squarely at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, funded surreptitiously by Fauci et al. Today it's being reported that there is no naturally-occurring virus from which this one could have plausibly derived, and that CoVid-19 appears to consist of a naturally-occurring coronavirus backbone with a foreign spike protein spliced onto it. Strangely, Fauci's association with the Wuhan lab and his involvement and advocacy for gain-of-function research (Consequences be damned!) is not only well-documented, but was publicly reported over a year ago. Then. . . total silence until now. Anyone care to hazard a guess about what's going on?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sun May 30, 2021 10:33 am

At the Indy 500 today with 135,000 of my friends. Masks are technically required but I’d put compliance at about 10%, if that.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Sun May 30, 2021 10:58 am

Maddy wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:13 am
So just about every day now we're getting news of "new" revelations in the CoVid drama that point the finger squarely at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, funded surreptitiously by Fauci et al. Today it's being reported that there is no naturally-occurring virus from which this one could have plausibly derived, and that CoVid-19 appears to consist of a naturally-occurring coronavirus backbone with a foreign spike protein spliced onto it. Strangely, Fauci's association with the Wuhan lab and his involvement and advocacy for gain-of-function research (Consequences be damned!) is not only well-documented, but was publicly reported over a year ago. Then. . . total silence until now. Anyone care to hazard a guess about what's going on?
I'll take a guess.

The NIH is a lot less well planned/consistent than you might think. Funding decisions are made by a Council which pays attention to high level things like general desirable areas of research, percentages of early/new investigators, desired pay lines etc. It's based on ranking of grant application which emerges from review panels (like the ones I've been on for years). The reviewers care about quality of the science and generally are a lot less worried about ethical details or may take a different view from the official one. They're also overburdened with the gzillion things they're supposed to include in their critiques, so they often overlook details, like safety practices in Wuhan.

The Wuhan funding was via a subcontract from a primary grantee in the US. This is common - I've done this sort of thing myself with foreign collaborators. And, once you have an NIH grant, you have a lot of leeway to modify the work you're doing, because hey it's research and new stuff that you didn't anticipate comes up. I do that all the time also. You have to submit progress reports annually, and I can easily imagine a very selective or artful bit of reporting going. Also, just as in grant reviews there are a million elements to the progress report and mostly they care about two things 1) budget carryovers, and 2) number of publications (and that they all meet NIH open access requirements). The science part is maybe a couple pages and it covers the entire grant - the Wuhan subcontract would have accounted for probably just a paragraph or two.

Fauci's role as institute head is certainly not to look at every grant and still less every progress report. But, when the whole Wuhan thing came up and someone brought to his attention that WIV had a subcontract on an awarded grant, he almost certainly took a look at that one. And discovered that they are doing exactly the type of research that could have resulted in COVID 19. From there it was all about damage control, starting with attempting to bury the possibility that the virus could have come from that lab. And I would bet he has lied (or at least artfully evaded) congressional questioning more than once.

I've read enough of the biological details of this virus to be pretty convinced it came from a lab. So are enough other people that Biden and Fauci know they can no longer cover it up. I wonder what Fauci thinks is going to happen....a criminal investigation of him would not be out of line.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun May 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Calvindeen wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 pm
I'm scheduled to be vaccinated on thursday. I work in a covid unit and see the devastation of this virus, so I'm really excited it's finally here. I've been keeping up with the science because, like anyone, I don't want to roll up my sleeve to something that isn't safe. I feel confident in this vaccine.
I, too, would like to know: Confident based upon what?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon May 31, 2021 7:48 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:55 pm
The same people who believe covid isn’t real, also believe WWF professional wrestling is real.
Are you saying you think the WWE is fake?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon May 31, 2021 9:22 am

SomeDude wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:48 am

tomfoolery wrote:

The same people who believe covid isn’t real, also believe WWF professional wrestling is real.

I forget how old I was when my father told me that the wrestling we used to watch together was fake. I vehemently disputed him and did not believe him.

I know it was far more impactful on me than finding out that neither Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny were real.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 am

vnatale wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:22 am
SomeDude wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:48 am
tomfoolery wrote:
I forget how old I was when my father told me that the wrestling we used to watch together was fake. I vehemently disputed him and did not believe him.

I know it was far more impactful on me than finding out that neither Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny were real.
Next you're gonna tell me we didn't land on the moon
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:50 am

I took a trip up to the Washington coast over the last few days. I will say the Covid protocols can be very different there than here in Texas. And it varied so much from place to place.

1) Even though the county we visited has a current avg of 19 Covid cases a day and 0 deaths, there were a lot of restaurants that were still shut down completely and only doing curbside. The ones that were open were at 25% capacity limits. That made for quite a mess at the crowded airport or beach where the waits to get food could stretch to 1 and a half hours.

2) Some places (like the McDonalds) were still doing Covid precautions that Texas stopped doing like 9 months ago when it was (I thought) somewhat proven that Covid is airborne and is not spread by touching someone's pen. So I went back in time to have customer service workers who refused to touch my credit card. The fast food places had their entire drive-thru window covered by plexiglass which only a tiny slit cut where they can squeeze your food out. That is long gone from my home area.

3) I would go to a gift shop that had a sign out saying "Masks Required by State Mandate." Then right next door was another gift shop that had a sign saying "The CDC says masks are not required if vaccinated."

4) I overheard 3 people talking with others about Covid, masks, distancing etc and they all said something to the effect of "Well we are getting there slowly. I think we still have about a year of this left."

All in all very different from Texas where everything has been 100% open for a while, masks are not required in too many places any longer and people seem to have moved on from Covid.