Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 am

vnatale wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 pm
Xan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 pm
No, it's been like that every day here for quite a while! I don't know why all the national media is talking about people wanting to be inside.
But you are in Texas. After last Tuesday it is a good chance I will not be outside again until March!

Vinny
Yea this is definitely the nice part of the year in Texas. Maybe another month until the ice-rains start.

Vinny, one thing that might help you be able to go outside in our non-Texas climate is simply putting on some warm clothes. A lot of people don't know this trick, but it works really well. You can actually go outside all year!
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:42 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 am
Vinny, one thing that might help you be able to go outside in our non-Texas climate is simply putting on some warm clothes. A lot of people don't know this trick, but it works really well. You can actually go outside all year!
Sounds fishy. I’m skeptical.
RIP Marcello Gandini
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:22 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 am
vnatale wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 pm
Xan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 pm
No, it's been like that every day here for quite a while! I don't know why all the national media is talking about people wanting to be inside.
But you are in Texas. After last Tuesday it is a good chance I will not be outside again until March!

Vinny
Yea this is definitely the nice part of the year in Texas. Maybe another month until the ice-rains start.

And, what exactly would I do?

For me my top on my property outside activity in sitting in a chair in the sun while reading and listening to music.

There is nothing I want to be doing outside in the cold.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:37 am

What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?! I'll tell you, bucko! You go out there, in the snow flurries, in that whipping wind, and you READ your GODDAMN BOOK! Did your ancestors battle the elements, cross the oceans, or beat a saber tooth tiger to death with their own child (not your ancestor) only to see you defeated by modestly cool weather?! NAY, I SAY. NAY. This is no longer about a delightful afternoon in the sunshine, it's about proving that you're tougher than you think you are. Now go enjoy this bracing weather! I went for a walk this morning (just a tad below freezing temperatures, very pleasant) in shorts just to burn off some estrogen brought on by herbal tea drinking.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:37 am
What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?! I'll tell you, bucko! You go out there, in the snow flurries, in that whipping wind, and you READ your GODDAMN BOOK! Did your ancestors battle the elements, cross the oceans, or beat a saber tooth tiger to death with their own child (not your ancestor) only to see you defeated by modestly cool weather?! NAY, I SAY. NAY. This is no longer about a delightful afternoon in the sunshine, it's about proving that you're tougher than you think you are. Now go enjoy this bracing weather! I went for a walk this morning (just a tad below freezing temperatures, very pleasant) in shorts just to burn off some estrogen brought on by herbal tea drinking.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXTREMELY well done!

Weird Al Yankovic - When I Was Your Age [Lyrics]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQWFDo604o

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:43 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
In YOUR honor AND inspired by YOU....I decided when just going out to get my mail / newspaper across the street from my house....I'd only wear T-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, and shorts.

It was cold! Especially with the wind cutting right through my sweatshirt.

I was now shocked to go to weather.com see how cold it really is outside.

31! With the 13 mph wind it feels like 22!

My legs are still cold.

Doing my 100 pushups now should warm up my entire body.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
...! I went for a walk this morning (just a tad below freezing temperatures, very pleasant) in shorts
Oh you're one of those O0
RIP Marcello Gandini
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:00 pm

MI Gov. Whitmer is likely going to be impeached, and my guess is that PA Gov. Wolf may be heading in the same direction.

Both of their states' courts ruled their lockdowns and restrictions to be unconstitutional, yet both of them are ignoring the court rulings.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.75 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:45 am

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:49 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:00 pm
MI Gov. Whitmer is likely going to be impeached, and my guess is that PA Gov. Wolf may be heading in the same direction.

Both of their states' courts ruled their lockdowns and restrictions to be unconstitutional, yet both of them are ignoring the court rulings.
That would be awesome. Standing up to these tyrants is mandatory. Now if only Newsom, Cuomo and Pritzker would take a hint...
Outstanding! I hope they can pull this off. This insanity needs to stop. Regardless of how important Whitmer thinks lockdowns are, she still can't make laws that can destroy livelihoods and put people in jail by executive order.

It's interesting that so many of the swing states that Trump lost, and even deep blue ones like California, went Republican on everything from Congress to state legislatures to ballot initiatives. I think this is one of those "careful what you wish for" moments. Voters may have been taught to hate Trump and dutifully acted accordingly, but their fundamental opinion of his policies vs the Democrats have not changed.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 am

st8vjk2b96061.jpg
st8vjk2b96061.jpg (167.76 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 am

Simonjester wrote: corona virus prediction....

within the next year to three years our response to this virus will be widely viewed as a global episode of mass hysteria...

there will be some who deeply committed to the panic, who will never accept that reality, but as time passes our current madness will largely become recognized for what it is...
It's early to call that a reality, but I think must be somewhere in between the ultra-panicking and the meh-it's-nothing.
I don't feel like I'm panicking, but I take it somewhat seriously.
Simonjester wrote: early prediction.....

not claiming the virus isn't dangerous, or demands some response, just predicting our future view of the response we are having...
RIP Marcello Gandini
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:59 am

Simonjester wrote: corona virus prediction....

within the next year to three years our response to this virus will be widely viewed as a global episode of mass hysteria...

there will be some who deeply committed to the panic, who will never accept that reality, but as time passes our current madness will largely become recognized for what it is...
So in order for that to happen, someone will have to backtrack and claim they made a mistake. Who will do that: health experts, media or politicians? And keep in mind that them admitting that to the public could make it more difficult to implement authoritarian measures in future "emergencies" so it is not in their best interest to ever admit it was an overreaction, much less hysteria.
Simonjester wrote: that is a interesting point, there may be more vested interest in the hysteria than i think...
i hope not.. but its possible...
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Simonjester wrote:
corona virus prediction....

What is your evaluation to our country's response to the events of a few hours on 9/11/01?

Less than 4,000 American deaths that day yet directly led to untold deaths of citizens of Iraq. Many, many, many deaths and casualties among our military. Trillions of $$$$$$ spent on war making. A lot of restrictions on our ways of life that still persist to this day over 19 years later.

I suspect that 100 years from now history may well judge far more harshly that response than this virus response.
Simonjester wrote:
I already judge it pretty harshly... more harshly may be justified ...
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with you, Simon. It's just that you called it a reality whereas I would call it a potential reality.
Simonjester wrote: ...
as a global episode of mass hysteria...
there will be some who deeply committed to the panic, who will never accept that reality,
We've all seen pictures of past plagues and the same masks and resistance to those masks. Perhaps the next plague will also feature both attitudes.

I can't remember if I already mentioned it. At an ice cream place near my folks -- I have been there -- two employees were put in the hospital after they asked two patrons to put on masks while in the shop. One with broken bones. To me that's an overreaction.
Simonjester wrote:
"understanding of reality" would have been a clearer way for me to have said it..

big over reaction.. lots on both sides.. the media, the hype, the lock-downs, the micromanagement of peoples lives by busybody governors with aspirations of dictatorship, the overreaction to the overreaction... a lot of mass hysteria all the way round
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm

dualstow wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm
I can't remember if I already mentioned it. At an ice cream place near my folks -- I have been there -- two employees were put in the hospital after they asked two patrons to put on masks while in the shop. One with broken bones. To me that's an overreaction.
Yea but... what did they say AFTER they asked them to put on masks? It could have been a

"Hey sirs, please put on masks."
"Sure thing champ."
"By the way the Flyers blow ass."
"&#$% YOU!"
*fisticuffs*
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm

O0 That's how it went down. Except it would have been the Baltimore...Clippers?
RIP Marcello Gandini
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm

I believe Baltimore has a football team, but I doubt anyone would be as attached to it as Philly people are to their teams.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Since most of what I know about Baltimore comes from The Wire, I'd also suggest that they could have scuffled over heroin and/or burner phones.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:52 pm
Since most of what I know about Baltimore comes from The Wire, I'd also suggest that they could have scuffled over heroin and/or burner phones.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Well, it looks like Newsom has now mandated a month-long curfew in CA, but the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office (Newsom's own county) told him to take his unconstitutional overreach and shove it:
In response to much social uncertainty and numerous inquiries, I wanted to clarify the position of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Office relative to existing health orders, as well as any potential impending orders at the County or State level.

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office will not be determining—including entering any home or business—compliance with, or enforcing compliance of, any health or emergency orders related to curfews, staying at home, Thanksgiving or other social gatherings inside or outside the home, maximum occupancy, or mask mandates. Further, we will not dispatch officers for these purposes—callers will be advised to call 3-1-1 and be routed to County Health. Of course, if there is potential criminal behavior or the potential for impacts to public or personal safety we will continue to respond appropriately.

I would like to wish everyone a happy and meaningful Thanksgiving Holiday.

-Sheriff Scott Jones
Newsom seems to finally be losing popularity here in the Golden State. It's about time.
Simonjester wrote:
^-^ finally.. hope it spreads...

the loss of popularity that is..
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am

It's being reported this morning that Germany has once again gone full-blown Nazi, carrying out raids against citizens daring to contradict the official CoVid narrative.

https://twitter.com/JohnBWellsCTM/statu ... 7384527874

Still think this is about a virus?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 am

This is a very interesting interview with Mike Yeadon, a former VP at Pfizer, regarding his thoughts about COVID-19 and the UK’s response to it. It has been removed by YouTube but it’s still available at Facebook... for now.

https://www.facebook.com/unlockedunited ... 283542470/
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:55 am

Maddy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am
It's being reported this morning that Germany has once again gone full-blown Nazi, carrying out raids against citizens daring to contradict the official CoVid narrative.

https://twitter.com/JohnBWellsCTM/statu ... 7384527874

Still think this is about a virus?
Well, it does seem an over reaction to get intelligence agencies involved...
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gov ... own-report
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:17 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:18 am
The media hasn't allowed even a small slice of the truth about this to be aired. I am, at the moment, beginning the workup of a wrongful death case involving one of the many victims of this political stunt who were locked down and therefore unable to obtain monitoring and treatment for cancer. It was my friend, and I watched the whole fricking thing unfold from beginning to end.

They've counted every last sniffle in this county, but no one has shown the slightest interest in including my friend's death in their statistics.
How awful. The people responsible for this outrage should roast in hell.