Moderator: Global Moderator

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Tortoise » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:05 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:39 pm
The last few holdout businesses in my area (my veterinarian and a Chick Fil-a) finally opened back up after 15 months of being closed to customers on the inside. What is interesting is that they didn't reopen slowly by requiring masks, distancing etc. They both went whole hog into no restrictions at all. That is the kind of logic I cannot comprehend. If you felt it was dangerous enough last week to still not be open inside after every other restaurant or veterinarian had been open for the last 10 months, what happened on Monday at 7am that made the danger completely disappear so that you do not even require masks or any form of precautions from that point on? How do you go from Defcon 5 to Defcon 1 overnight?
Maybe it had something to do with Texas's new Covid liability shield law (SB 6), which Gov. Abbot signed into law on June 14?

It's possible that your local veterinarian and Chick Fil-a were hesitant to reopen until they were fairly sure that the risk of Covid-related lawsuits was minimized (which SB 6 accomplished).
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:05 pm
jalanlong wrote:
The last few holdout businesses in my area (my veterinarian and a Chick Fil-a) finally opened back up after 15 months of being closed to customers on the inside. What is interesting is that they didn't reopen slowly by requiring masks, distancing etc. They both went whole hog into no restrictions at all. That is the kind of logic I cannot comprehend. If you felt it was dangerous enough last week to still not be open inside after every other restaurant or veterinarian had been open for the last 10 months, what happened on Monday at 7am that made the danger completely disappear so that you do not even require masks or any form of precautions from that point on? How do you go from Defcon 5 to Defcon 1 overnight?
Maybe it had something to do with Texas's new Covid liability shield law (SB 6), which Gov. Abbot signed into law on June 14?

It's possible that your local veterinarian and Chick Fil-a were hesitant to reopen until they were fairly sure that the risk of Covid-related lawsuits was minimized (which SB 6 accomplished).
Maybe Chick Fil-a was especially hesitant to reopen after the controversy associated with their founder stating his Christian belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, resulting in cancel culture warriors deciding they needed to be ***** in the *** good and hard.

I doubt that Covid related lawsuits would have gone very far, especially when they were the last ones to re-open but you never know. Never underestimate the power and insanity of the SJW's.

I still tend to think it was a bottom line decision having little to do with COVID. I remember an Exec at the last company I worked for saying that when all is said and done it's all about the numbers and nothing else really matters. I think maintaining an indoor restaurant when compared with the success they were having with their drive-thru restaurants is probably what drove the decisions.

But like I said, it would be interesting to be privy to the discussions in the boardrooms.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:43 pm

jalanlong wrote:

I watched more television than usual this weekend (usual is close to zero) and I saw so much news on the Delta Variant. It seems as if the powers that be are really trying to get it going to keep people afraid but I also sense it is not gaining a lot of traction except amongst the people who seemingly would like Covid to last forever.

I had two appointments with my vet two weeks ago...and it was still not allowed inside. I have a vet on my team. I'll try to remember to ask her Thursday what is going on with where she works mask-wise. When I went to my periodontist last week it was still masks.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:40 am

jalanlong wrote:

I watched more television than usual this weekend (usual is close to zero) and I saw so much news on the Delta Variant. It seems as if the powers that be are really trying to get it going to keep people afraid but I also sense it is not gaining a lot of traction except amongst the people who seemingly would like Covid to last forever.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.79 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:44 am

pp4me wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:05 pm
jalanlong wrote:

Maybe Chick Fil-a was especially hesitant to reopen after the controversy associated with their founder stating his Christian belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, resulting in cancel culture warriors deciding they needed to be ***** in the *** good and hard.

I doubt that Covid related lawsuits would have gone very far, especially when they were the last ones to re-open but you never know. Never underestimate the power and insanity of the SJW's.

I still tend to think it was a bottom line decision having little to do with COVID. I remember an Exec at the last company I worked for saying that when all is said and done it's all about the numbers and nothing else really matters. I think maintaining an indoor restaurant when compared with the success they were having with their drive-thru restaurants is probably what drove the decisions.

But like I said, it would be interesting to be privy to the discussions in the boardrooms.
This could not have been a corporate decision, it had to be made at the store franchisee level. Being in suburban Texas means that Chick Filas are as ubiquitous as Starbucks. I have at least 5 of them within a 10 mile radius of me and the one in question was the only one that was still shut down. The others all reopened the inside last summer or fall after the initial fear subsided.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Fans banned from Tokyo Olympics as Japan declares COVID state of emergency

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/fans-bann ... s%20Alerts
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:21 am

Sophia74Jos wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:13 am
This year covid 19 has decline but not over, many new events are starting or happening like UEFA euro 2020 and Olympics Tokyo. But it's a good sign towards positiveness. :)
Please educate us on how and when this virus will be "over."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:55 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:21 am

Sophia74Jos wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:13 am

This year covid 19 has decline but not over, many new events are starting or happening like UEFA euro 2020 and Olympics Tokyo. But it's a good sign towards positiveness. :)

Please educate us on how and when this virus will be "over."

Somehow "Sophia74Jos" appeared today or yesterday and has already disappeared?
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 am

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:55 am

Somehow "Sophia74Jos" appeared today or yesterday and has already disappeared?
spam
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:43 am

Are the Covidian Stormtroopers playing on this forum?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:57 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:43 am
Are the Covidian Stormtroopers playing on this forum?
Yes? No? Maybe?

What do you mean?
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:59 am

i didn't kill that one.. but it was just a typical post a link spammer...
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:12 am

In today's news, the Biden administration states that it is calling on private carriers to begin monitoring private text messages, in addition to social media, and censoring communications that constitute "misinformation" about the vaccine. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... -messages/

Where are the self-described "progressive" left wingers on this forum now? Do any of them have the guts to reappear and defend this action?

Considering the extent to which those loudmouths proclaimed the virtue of the progressive world view, I'd like to hear their defense of a whole lot of things--of which the following is merely illustrative: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uk- ... rform-kids ("drag" monkey with dildo hanging nearly to his knees performs for kids in public library, using--what else-- taxpayer funds).
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:45 am

Remember all the bloodletting when the claim wasTrump is a fascist
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 am

Maddy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:12 am
In today's news, the Biden administration states that it is calling on private carriers to begin monitoring private text messages, in addition to social media, and censoring communications that constitute "misinformation" about the vaccine. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... -messages/

Where are the self-described "progressive" left wingers on this forum now? Do any of them have the guts to reappear and defend this action?
They're chortling with joy, while at the same time still firmly of the belief that Trump was the guy with the authoritarian intentions.

If this is true, it's downright scary. And, whatever happened to "unity"?? This will prompt people to get new, secure text messaging apps, which will only further divide the population according to ideology.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:54 am

A. I assume this this forum could be surveilled?

B. On a practical basis how would it be carried out effectively so that I need to fear what I put here?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:04 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:54 am
A. I assume this this forum could be surveilled?

B. On a practical basis how would it be carried out effectively so that I need to fear what I put here?
One thing that is really solid is the end-to-end encryption of everybody's connection to the forum. The utility of that still depends on either end of the connection, though. For example if you're really the target of an individual investigation it might be that your computer itself would be targeted and compromised. And on the forum end, well, we take what you write and post it publicly (except for private messages), so...

Your ISP can tell when your browser makes every connection to the forum. That could be matched up with post times. And if the site itself were subpoenaed or hacked, the IP address of each post is in the database. In fact the site is hosted at Linode, not physically in my posession so it may theoretically be possible for Linode to be compelled to silently do the "hacking" without me knowing.

I don't think any of that is something you need to worry about, Vinny. You've posted so much personal information here that is totally public that I don't think surveillance would be necessary.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Vinny, none of your views are going to put you out of favor with the totalitarian leftists. You have nothing to fear.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:43 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:13 pm
Vinny, none of your views are going to put you out of favor with the totalitarian leftists. You have nothing to fear.
Not yet anyway.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Course Description

This 8.0-hour, instructor-led course is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to begin planning for situations requiring the isolation and quarantine (I&Q) of a large portion of a local, rural population. This training will provide public- and private-sector emergency managers, community policy makers, public health, and public safety personnel with the general knowledge necessary to begin planning for situations requiring the isolation and quarantine of a large portion of a local, rural population. A rural community’s ability to collectively respond to an emergency requiring isolation and quarantine is not only essential to minimizing the negative impacts to the community at risk, but also to minimizing the long-term negative economic and health effects on the American public as a whole. Register for a class by selecting a class date from the Training Schedule, click on the Registration link above the course description to access a registration form for that class. Request a new class to be scheduled in your area by submitting a Request a Course form.
DHS Certified
All RDPC courses have been certified by the US Department of Homeland Security.
https://ruraltraining.org/course/mgt-433/
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 pm

It is now apparent that Moderna had already completed development of its mRNA gene therapy shot in 2019 BEFORE COVID-19 was announced to be spreading from China to the world. This has serious ramifications to the entire pandemic narrative.

There are only two possibilities. First, Moderna had advance knowledge of the COVID-19 virus and created a shot to prepare for it. Second, Moderna didn’t have advance knowledge but was developing a generic gene therapy treatment that could be directed toward any type of coronavirus. Either possibility is disturbing.
https://www.technocracy.news/mercola-mo ... announced/
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:00 pm

Another of many data points which cast doubt on the narrative being force-fed to the population...
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Maddy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 pm
It is now apparent that Moderna had already completed development of its mRNA gene therapy shot in 2019 BEFORE COVID-19 was announced to be spreading from China to the world. This has serious ramifications to the entire pandemic narrative.

There are only two possibilities. First, Moderna had advance knowledge of the COVID-19 virus and created a shot to prepare for it. Second, Moderna didn’t have advance knowledge but was developing a generic gene therapy treatment that could be directed toward any type of coronavirus. Either possibility is disturbing.
https://factcheck.afp.com/moderna-had-n ... ccine-2019

It appears that the MRNA vaccine and the MTA were in relation to the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) coronavirus and not SARS COV-2 (the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Let me give you a brief helpful tip: When Dr. Mercola posts anything, take it with a giant grain of salt. Sometimes he is right (whether from the stopped clock effect or just stuff like general nutrition advice that any doctor would likely agree with) but some of his beliefs/ideas are pretty close to quack territory.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:30 am

Now into our fifth lockdown. Sure glad I am retired and don't have to try to manage a business!
https://www.ibtimes.com/melbourne-joins ... me-3252326
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:38 am

D1984 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Maddy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 pm

https://factcheck.afp.com/moderna-had-n ... ccine-2019

It appears that the MRNA vaccine and the MTA were in relation to the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) coronavirus and not SARS COV-2 (the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Let me give you a brief helpful tip: When Dr. Mercola posts anything, take it with a giant grain of salt. Sometimes he is right (whether from the stopped clock effect or just stuff like general nutrition advice that any doctor would likely agree with) but some of his beliefs/ideas are pretty close to quack territory.
Thanks, D1984-- But isn't that idea encompassed by the second of the two "possibilities" raised by the article: that Moderna didn't have advance knowledge [of the CoVid 19 virus] "but was developing a generic gene therapy treatment that could be directed toward any type of coronavirus?" Not to quibble, but I don't see this article as proposing anything outlandish--especially in view of the fact that mRNA vaccines directed toward coronaviruses have, curiously, been the ongoing subject of research for quite some time.