Coronavirus General Discussion

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Maddy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:10 pm

And what do you do about the never-ending cadre of variants that will inevitably sweep through the population--one right after another? Coronaviruses do that. They've never NOT done that. Are you prepared to live the rest of your life in a mask, afraid that mere conversation with your neighbor might kill you? What about the thousands of other risks that you unconsciously assume every day without thinking about it--risks that, viewed objectively and without the constant stream of fearmongering from the Marxist media, pose a far greater danger to your health and well being than anything this virus has ever posed? When does this silliness stop?
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Xan wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:07 pm
Combine that with the coming vaccines for under 12s, and we'll be normal very soon, where everybody has done what they're able and willing, the surge will be over, and everybody will be back to normal.
The elites have tasted real power over people, like blood for sharks. Nothing will go back to normal ever if they can help it.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:49 pm

Benko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Xan wrote:
Combine that with the coming vaccines for under 12s, and we'll be normal very soon, where everybody has done what they're able and willing, the surge will be over, and everybody will be back to normal.
The elites have tasted real power over people, like blood for sharks. Nothing will go back to normal ever if they can help it.
I really (really) would be interested in the elite lust for power. Is this a real thing? Do they masturbate thinking about forcing people to wear masks again? Seriously, I know this sounds like I am trying to yank your chain, but are there people like that?

I do think you are wrong, though. We will get back to normal. It will become background, like the flu.

If some people feel more comfortable with a mask on, for the next year or forever -- have at it. No skin off my nose.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:49 pm
Benko wrote:
Xan wrote:
I really (really) would be interested in the elite lust for power. Is this a real thing? Do they masturbate thinking about forcing people to wear masks again? Seriously, I know this sounds like I am trying to yank your chain, but are there people like that?

I do think you are wrong, though. We will get back to normal. It will become background, like the flu.
The most important division between people is not e.g. left vs right, but between those that want to control others and those that don't.

Live and let live was motto of some/many lefties in late 60s/70s, it ain't now.

I think getting back to normal is what would happen under normal circumstances without intervention. After the last 18 months, draw your own conclusion.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:51 pm

Benko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:07 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Benko wrote:
Xan wrote:

The most important division between people is not e.g. left vs right, but between those that want to control others and those that don't.

Live and let live was motto of some/many lefties in late 60s/70s, it ain't now.

I think getting back to normal is what would happen under normal circumstances without intervention. After the last 18 months, draw your own conclusion.
There are two types of people in the world, those that put people in categories and those that don't.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:35 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 am

I did not vote for Obama, but did previously vote Dem.

The last times that happened in the past 10 to 20 years and for which offices?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:32 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Politicians go into hyperdrive when they're trying to exploit crises. Prolonging and amplifying coronavirus is helping lots of politicians achieve other goals and do things they want to do that wouldn't be tolerated without a crisis.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:21 pm

There are two types of people in this world: Those who want to control others, and those that want to be left alone. But what motivates the control freaks? Why are they the way they are? Let;s examine some of the causes…

The Fear Engine

There are people that are driven by success, by merit, by hope, by prosperity, by faith, by optimism, by love, and by honor. And then, there are people driven by fear. There are hundreds of various fears, but only a few ways to react to any of them. Collectivists respond to fear with a desperate need to micromanage their environment; they believe that if they can dictate people and events to a certain degree, they can eliminate unexpected outcomes and be free of fear. But life does not work this way and it never will.

The level of influence these people seek is so far beyond them that it can never be attained. That is to say, they will never be satisfied until they get more. Their fears will always haunt them because fears cannot be dealt with from without, they can only be dealt with from within.

Furthermore, the things they fear often revolve around their own narcissism and are of their own making. They fear failure, but they rarely work hard enough to succeed. They fear exposure, but only because they constantly lie. They fear conflict, but only because they are weak in body and character. They fear death, because they believe in nothing greater than themselves. They clamor for dominance of their surroundings because they wrongly believe that they can cheat fate and the consequences of their own terrible choices.

The Safety Of The Mob

The issue of fear extends into the common mindset of the totalitarian and how they find safety. The idea of standing on their own two feet and standing by their principles in the face of opposition is completely foreign to them. They avoid these situations at any cost and the notion of risk is abhorrent to them. So, they instead look for a mob to blend into. This makes them feel safe in obscurity while also wielding force through collectivist action. They can feel powerful while at the same time being pitiful and weak.

These people almost always operate through large single-minded groups that punish any dissension in the ranks, usually with gatekeepers that moderate the motivations of the hive.

The mob itself is a weapon, its only purpose beyond the comfort of its adherents is to destroy those people who do not hold the same beliefs or values as the controllers. There is no defensive purpose to the mob; it is an assassin’s tool, it is a nuclear bomb. And, as we have seen in every modern dictatorship from the Bolsheviks in Russia to the fascists in Germany to the communists in Mao’s China, the totalitarian mob is capable of murdering more people than any nuclear weapon in existence, all in the name of “the greater good of the greater number.”

False Piety In Place Of Self Worth

All tyrants believe themselves to be righteous in their cause, even when they know that their actions are morally abhorrent. I have seen this dynamic on bold display during the covid mandates and the vaccine passports initiatives. Consider for a moment that 99.7% of the population is under no legitimate threat from the covid virus; they will not die from it, and in the vast majority of cases they will recover quickly from it. Yet the covid cult consistently argues that people who refuse the mandates, the lockdowns and the vaccines are putting others at risk, which is why we need to be “forced” to submit.

Most of them know according to the data that covid is not a threat, but the narrative gives them an opportunity to apply power through “moral judgment”, and so they lie, and they continue to lie about the data until they think the lie will be accepted as reality. This is a common aspect of most cults and of fundamentalist religions that have gone astray – The habit of adherents to value lies over facts and evidence not because they are trying to protect their faith, but because it affords them the chance to feel pious and superior to those they are determined to harm.

Those who disagree are labeled heretics, the lowest of the low, the unwashed terrorists. The anti-mandate crowd is thus stripped of its humanity in this way and is painted as demonic. The people who want to remain free become monsters, and the totalitarian monsters become heroes out to save the world. As author Robert Anton Wilson once said:

“The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly.”

The Love Of A Cage

I feel as though I understand this mindset to an extent, but it never fails to shock me the way in which people who scratch and scrape for power over others also seem to love being slaves to the system. I’m not so sure that it is ironic, as authoritarianism does fulfill some of its promises of “security” as long as the people involved are willing to trade away any impulses of liberty. If you do as you’re told at all times and serve the system without fail, then there is a good chance you will be able to hold onto the meager necessities of survival. You will live a life, though probably not a happy one.

For those who go above and beyond and cast aside all personal principle in order to further the goals of the system, they might even enjoy a modicum of wealth beyond their peers. You see, in a despotic society, the people who are most without honor are the people that are most rewarded. They don’t need merit, or accomplishment, or skills, or even brains; all they have to do it sell their souls and do whatever it takes to catch the eye of the oligarchy. They don’t have to be good at anything, all they have to do is be evil, and for some people that’s easy.

In this way the system becomes a comfortable blanket that otherwise useless deviants can be swaddled in. They wrap themselves in it and luxuriate in its warmth. They are not concerned with freedom because freedom feels cold to them. Freedom can be isolating and the existence of choice is terrifying. When all your choices are made for you there is never any doubt or internal stress. All that is required is that you wake up each day and obey.

For weak and ignorant people, subservience is a gift instead of a curse. They believe that a cage is meant to be gilded, not escaped from, and anyone that seeks escape must be crazy or dangerous. If free people exist then the slaves are forced to question their own condition and their own compliance, so everyone must be enslaved to remove any and all doubt from society. The hive mind is placed above all else.
https://www.activistpost.com/2021/08/wh ... fy-it.html
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:21 pm

There are two types of people in this world: Those who want to control others, and those that want to be left alone. But what motivates the control freaks? Why are they the way they are? Let;s examine some of the causes…

Can we logically analyze that theses?

Is it not saying that each of us reading this fall into one of two camps? "Those who want to control others, and those that want to be left alone."

The article did not tell us what proportion of the, say, American population falls into each category. Is it 50/50? 25 / 75? 75/25?

What category do you fall into? What proportion of the American population do you think fits into each category?

I realized that a long time ago if I think I am the best one in the given situation to take charge, be in control then that is the position I strive to be in.

However, in those other situations wherein I believe someone else is fulfilling that role in a competent manner (and, usually, much better than I could fulfill that role) then I'm quite content to sit back and allow that person to be in charge.

Therefore, for me, in some situations I want to control others and other times I am being willing to be "controlled". Each situation is different.

But as I'm writing this I'm having problems with that theses sentence.

Isn't the opposite of those who want to control others....those who do not want to control others? And, the opposite of those that want to be left alone are those who want to be controlled.

If you try to put those together is it saying that the one camp is composed of those who want to control others and want to be controlled with the other camp being those who do not want to control others and who want to be left alone? Would the latter more then be described as anarchists? The former would be described as what?

Someone like me for what the situation warrants leads to me either wanting to be in control or wanting to be subject to the control of others. While, at the same, being a person who has consciously decided to spend more and more time by myself so that I can always do want I want to do and not have to compromise by doing what some other person wants to do.

I'm not buying the detailing of all the reasons behind why there are those who want to control others. I'm not believing it is as black and white as the writer wants us to believe...
Last edited by vnatale on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Forgetting all theory and mumbo jumbo, if you examine the last 18 months and what has happened you can learn a lot about people and control. Just like examining the last 18 months you can learn a lot about what used to be (but is no longer) science/medicine*.

Really another conversation, but what used to be science/medicine is now (alas) just another branch of politics.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:07 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Maddy wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Can we logically analyze that theses?

Is it not saying that each of us reading this fall into one of two camps? "Those who want to control others, and those that want to be left alone."

The article did not tell us what proportion of the, say, American population falls into each category. Is it 50/50? 25 / 75? 75/25?

What category do you fall into? What proportion of the American population do you think fits into each category?

I realized that a long time ago if I think I am the best one in the given situation to take charge, be in control then that is the position I strive to be in.

However, in those other situations wherein I believe someone else is fulfilling that role in a competent manner (and, usually, much better than I could fulfill that role) then I'm quite content to sit back and allow that person to be in charge.

Therefore, for me, in some situations I want to control others and other times I am being willing to be "controlled". Each situation is different.

But as I'm writing this I'm having problems with that theses sentence.

Isn't the opposite of those who want to control others....those who do not want to control others? And, the opposite of those that want to be left alone are those who want to be controlled.

If you try to put those together is it saying that the one camp is composed of those who want to control others and want to be controlled with the other camp being those who do not want to control others and who want to be left alone? Would the latter more then be described as anarchists? The former would be described as what?

Someone like me for what the situation warrants leads to me either wanting to be in control or wanting to be subject to the control of others. While, at the same, being a person who has consciously decided to spend more and more time by myself so that I can always do want I want to do and not have to compromise by doing what some other person wants to do.

I'm not buying the detailing of all the reasons behind why there are those who want to control others. I'm not believing it is as black and white as the writer wants us to believe...
Maddy and Vinny, thanks for that. I fall squarely into Vinny's camp. If I believe, for example, my boss is doing a fine job, I will gladly follow (and have for 15 years). If not, I have left jobs, and started my own, because of that.

Typically, I fall into the leave me alone camp!
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 pm

https://old.reddit.com/r/LockdownCritic ... emergency/

"if your patient contracted corona virus, then the government would reimburse some where in the range of $47k"

^ True?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCe1hc8GaJs
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:27 am

The Victorian Government has extended Melbourne’s lockdown for another two weeks and imposed a raft of new restrictions.

From midnight tonight until 2 September:

A nightly curfew will be imposed between 9pm and 5am.
Public playgrounds, basketball hoops, skate parks and outdoor exercise equipment will also be closed.
People will not be allowed to remove their masks to drink alcohol in public.
The two-hours of daily exercise is only limited to those within the same household in their 5km radius.
Essential worker permits are also being reintroduced from Tuesday.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2021/0 ... two-weeks/

When I was young :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

and now :'(
https://odysee.com/@TimTruth:b/australia-despotism:0
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:21 am

Hal wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:27 am
The Victorian Government has extended Melbourne’s lockdown for another two weeks and imposed a raft of new restrictions.

From midnight tonight until 2 September:

A nightly curfew will be imposed between 9pm and 5am.
Public playgrounds, basketball hoops, skate parks and outdoor exercise equipment will also be closed.
People will not be allowed to remove their masks to drink alcohol in public.
The two-hours of daily exercise is only limited to those within the same household in their 5km radius.
Essential worker permits are also being reintroduced from Tuesday.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2021/0 ... two-weeks/

When I was young :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

and now :'(
https://odysee.com/@TimTruth:b/australia-despotism:0
I'm sure your open air prison is for the greater good
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:07 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:32 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Politicians go into hyperdrive when they're trying to exploit crises. Prolonging and amplifying coronavirus is helping lots of politicians achieve other goals and do things they want to do that wouldn't be tolerated without a crisis.
I also think there are reasons that are less nefarious but no less dangerous and that is some politicians (esp local ones) have gotten a taste of fame and power that they might not otherwise have had. In normal times, a local mayor probably goes about most of their days dealing with pretty mundane things and there are probably a lot of citizens who don't even know their names. But now they have experienced a taste of fame. They are giving press conferences every day. The media is hanging on their every decree. They get a chance to play hero to their constituency. In short, they matter. And that is also tough for them to give up.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Another post to keep my Executive Member frequent poster status.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Kbg wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:14 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:59 pm
Tell that to my buddy who is about to watch his life's work restaurant go under.
Pug,

I post to the two COVID threads mainly for entertainment value at this point. We can't find an atom of the horse we've been kicking any longer. Long gone.

If your buddy is going to lose his life's work that sucks, full stop. I don't know him, but if I did I would feel bad for him genuinely. But do you acknowledge the pain and loss of my first cousin's wife who doesn't have a husband anymore or do you write it off to, oh he had a pre-existing condition so too bad those deaths don't count? Do you recognize someone else can have a 180 opinion from you and their opinion has equal validity as yours and still be a good person and a serious person who is just trying to figure it all out? Who is more important in the grand scheme of things, your friend or my cousin? The answer is neither.

There's no 100% right on this topic. Like everything in life, we should seek to find a good balance.
Do you feel like the news and media have given us a good balance on the various viewpoints of this topic? It is impossible to say how the number of people affected by the virus in terms of sickness or death compares to the number of people who have lost businesses, jobs, money, time spent with loved ones and children who have lost quality education time etc. But my feeling is that the frustration from a lot of people is that the news and media reports, along with most of the science experts and popular politicians have been singularly focused on "saving lives" with barely a thought to people who might be suffering from the Covid policies forced upon them. And anyone who tends to stand up for those people gets belittled as someone who has "not experienced Covid personally" or is just flat out uncaring for their fellow humans.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... tudy-finds

Well this is scary! The average IQ of children born during the pandemic puts them in cognitively challenged territory.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Kbg wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Pug,

I post to the two COVID threads mainly for entertainment value at this point. We can't find an atom of the horse we've been kicking any longer. Long gone.

If your buddy is going to lose his life's work that sucks, full stop. I don't know him, but if I did I would feel bad for him genuinely. But do you acknowledge the pain and loss of my first cousin's wife who doesn't have a husband anymore or do you write it off to, oh he had a pre-existing condition so too bad those deaths don't count? Do you recognize someone else can have a 180 opinion from you and their opinion has equal validity as yours and still be a good person and a serious person who is just trying to figure it all out? Who is more important in the grand scheme of things, your friend or my cousin? The answer is neither.

There's no 100% right on this topic. Like everything in life, we should seek to find a good balance.

Do you feel like the news and media have given us a good balance on the various viewpoints of this topic?

I never saw kbg's original response. Did it get deleted? Looked and could not find it.
Last edited by vnatale on Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 am

Comments? It would seem difficult to fudge hospitalization numbers?

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:26 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:31 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

I never say kbg's original response. Did it get deleted? Looked and could not find it.
Check under his other username, KayFaybe, maybe he posted it under that.
As mentioned, I'm just posting to these threads now to bump my Executive Member frequent poster tally. But for the record...

No I'm not KayFayBe. Between your and his/her sarcasm I do still like to read what is going on in the thread COVID threads for the entertainment value which is pretty good on some days.

Do I think the news reports well on this topic. I think I've posted 10% of my posts with the theme of "US new organizations are the worst on the planet" or at least those that exist in a free country. News is simple, it's a business. They segment like any sector and go after specific customers. Fox is selling what their customers want to hear as is CNN and because they are both doing that people who aren't actually independent thinkers go for the narrative they like.

As also mentioned several times, due to the above opinion on the quality of US news I've been reviewing data mostly and I think the picture there is pretty clear. And unlike many on the thread I do think the various states' government data is reasonably accurate and as I've also commented it's pretty consistent in the picture it paints on the pandemic. There's a ton of disinformation on COVID death tallies and after a deep dive into 3-4 easily available state death record policies I don't think the numbers are inflated but if you believe that any pre-condition should automatically mean that someone's death should not be recorded as a COVID death then yeah, you are going to have a methodological problem with the numbers.

My take as of 8/17/21 on COVID,

People who have a decent layman's understanding of virology understand viruses continuously evolve. Thus A, D, L and whatever letters come next is completely normal and the D version is absolutely better at spreading itself. It appears the jury is out on whether D is more physically dangerous or not. I suspect in a couple of months we will have a clear answer on that question.

The vaccine is as safe as any pre-covid vaccine and is no question about it the most studied vaccine ever. It also works very well and as designed.

Mortality rates seems to be holding, but hospitalizations in my state are definitely getting to be younger in age. The 40-65 category is leading the numbers now. Pure speculation, I'm guessing those showing up now missed the A spikes and are not vaccinated. The elderly knew what their odds were and got the shots. I don't know anyone over 70 who doesn't have them. (a sample size of me)

It seems iffy, particularly with the Delta variant, that lockdowns are able to have much impact in stopping the spread. My guess is that cases are going to go way up due to schools opening up for the fall.

Doctors seem to have a pretty good grip on treatment for serious cases now and thus the death rate has gone down. IDK though, could be because they are treating younger people...but no idea, haven't looked into it in any detail. If anyone knows I would be interesting in hearing about that.

Got the shots, no horns, no cancer yet. Plan on getting the booster(s) if that becomes a thing just like I get the flu shot every year.

COVID is real. The virus is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it.
Last edited by Kbg on Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:38 am

My company just announced mandatory testing for all UNvaccinated employees coming onsite, twice per week.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 100% of the positive tests will come from the unvaccinated, further proof that the vaccines are working to reduce positive cases.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:31 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

I never say kbg's original response. Did it get deleted? Looked and could not find it.
Check under his other username, KayFaybe, maybe he posted it under that.
And here I thought you AND KayFaybe were both KBG this whole time. It looked like an elaborate ruse.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:21 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm
Kbg wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:26 am

1. COVID is real.
2. The virus is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it.
1. COVID is real: agree.
2. The virus is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it: agree.
3. The government is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it: you forgot about that part.
👍🏼👍🏼
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:41 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm
Kbg wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:26 am

1. COVID is real.
2. The virus is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it.
1. COVID is real: agree.
2. The virus is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it: agree.
3. The government is going to do what it is going to do regardless of our opinions on it: you forgot about that part.
Agreed. But let's add it's also crystal clear governments and politicians are responding to those who put them in office in terms of their policies. I think that explains why CA's approach differs from FL's don't you? Trump's approach was one way and he lost the election. Biden's is another and if COVID even matters as an issue if and/or when he runs again, the voters will pass their judgement.

Big picture, I think the most interesting thing going on right now is what corporations are doing. Seems most of them have voted for the vaccine whether their employees like it or not. I'm going to guess if Pfizer gets fully approved in the purported next few weeks or so it's going to be get vax'ed or find another job. At that point, the precedent law for the past century is pretty much on their side.