Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:58 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:18 pm
I hear this a lot. Can you please put into a few bullet points what exactly our country is losing? While I feel we’ve hopefully only temporarily lost our way, all I feel we’ve lost lately is the ability to see both sides of an issue and compromise.
I have no idea what Maddy is talking about, but I'm pretty concerned about the economic damage and authoritarianism going on right now. It's tough to tell yet but I'm thinking we're going to regret the bailout that just passed.
The economic damage is terrible. At least the whole world is in the same boat, not like the US closed down and the rest are living normally.

There will be a ton of second guessing; as expected, there already is. But given the state of testing and what we saw happening in China and Italy, I’m not sure we could have done anything really differently to limit the damage.

And so far, it is still showing we can print anything we want without any obvious immediate repercussions.

I hope this raises the level of healthcare discussion for the election. Hell, we just spent at least one year of Bernies healthcare for all costs with a single signature, pretty much without blinking.

I think all the shutdowns and pseudo martial law decrees will be removed without concern, I’m not worried about that aspect.

Dualstow, yeah I wasn’t sure this was the same guy writing.. No offense K. ;D
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:32 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Jeeze, after reading that I have to wash my laptop with chlorox and napalm and do at least 7 anti-virus/malware scans to make sure it's clean. >:D
Naptha! O0
Nah, napalm. ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jts9suWIDlU
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Why did I click? I knew it could only be one thing. ;D
RIP Marcello Gandini
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Maddy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm
The whole adrenochrome thing strikes me as an attempt to distract the conspiracy-minded from the very real conspiracies that are coming to light and the fact that we're on the verge of losing our country. Get the right-wingers out on a limb and then discredit them in masse.
I hear this a lot. Can you please put into a few bullet points what exactly our country is losing? While I feel we’ve hopefully only temporarily lost our way, all I feel we’ve lost lately is the ability to see both sides of an issue and compromise.

Vinny, is the link to that book’s first couple pages in another post?

Pug, the guys are highly intelligent, and world smart who are into this. Sounds like the book Vinny references discusses how this happens. I can’t explain it at all.

Shekels, your post on Clinton and mentioning adrenochrome was what got me to write this, because I first ever heard about it yesterday from this guy, who also mentioned Clinton, the Weiner laptop, pedophiles, etc.

It seems that the virus is a serious issue in itself, but we have weathered these kinds of things before.
So it is nothing new in the grand scheme of things.

My Conspiracy theory is the virus has given good cover to have a Everything bailout for the Everything Bubble.
The economy seemed to be on shaky ground before Stocks crashed.
So Print Print Print.. and who gets blame?
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WALCL

What we are losing will show it's head soon.
But how many countries can say they can Print there way to prosperity?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Maddy wrote:
The whole adrenochrome thing strikes me as an attempt to distract the conspiracy-minded from the very real conspiracies that are coming to light and the fact that we're on the verge of losing our country. Get the right-wingers out on a limb and then discredit them in masse.

Vinny, is the link to that book’s first couple pages in another post?

Pug, the guys are highly intelligent, and world smart who are into this. Sounds like the book Vinny references discusses how this happens. I can’t explain it at all.

Shekels, your post on Clinton and mentioning adrenochrome was what got me to write this, because I first ever heard about it yesterday from this guy, who also mentioned Clinton, the Weiner laptop, pedophiles, etc.
Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10180&start=108#p190813

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Maddy wrote:
I hear this a lot. Can you please put into a few bullet points what exactly our country is losing?
I don't mean to be dismissive (I really don't), but this is a big subject that's been fleshed out quite well in many vigorous debates on the subject over the last few years. I really don't know what else I could say.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Anyone see the clip of the Michigan legislator who begins shrieking like a crazed mental patient about CoVid-19 and who threatens, "You will see darkness!" https://www.zerohedge.com/political/you ... re-fueling
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Day.... 14 of self-isolation?

I am playing through the game Uncharted 4 during lockdown.

As a PP investor the game has extra appeal since the whole object of the storyline has been to recover a lost pirate treasure of gold that amounts to some $400 million.

Also, Better Call Saul is an excellent show and spinoff of Breaking Bad.

My employer is paying all of us till April 26th, but is warning us of layoffs if the lockdown extends further than that. At this rate, and according to people like Bill Gates, it looks like an April reopening of the economy is no bueno.

If I do get laid off post April 26th, there's now a $2,000 per month economic relief benefit that people can apply for here in Canada.
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:35 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:29 pm
...according to people like Bill Gates, it looks like an April reopening of the economy is no bueno.
What exactly did he say? When does he expect the lockdown to end?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... istic.html

It was this article/video.

He goes into into a fair amount of detail regarding his thinking.
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:35 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Smith1776 wrote:
...according to people like Bill Gates, it looks like an April reopening of the economy is no bueno.

When Bill Gates speaks, I listen! He DOES do his homework before he says anything. He's the anti-instinct decision maker!

VInny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:48 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:41 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Smith1776 wrote:

When Bill Gates speaks, I listen! He DOES do his homework before he says anything. He's the anti-instinct decision maker!

VInny
Smith, thanks for the link. I agree with Vinny, it was an excellent interview. Also depressing.
I'd also add that I believe that Bill Gates is the type who Under Promises But Over Delivers compared to our politician prototype who Over Promises But Under Delivers.

I could not believe yesterday how self-congratulatory they were towards one another because for one of the rare times they acted like the rest of us do. Look at a problem and solve it rather than taking fixed, rigid positions because.....that's just what I believe.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:48 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:41 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
Smith1776 wrote:

VInny
Smith, thanks for the link. I agree with Vinny, it was an excellent interview. Also depressing.
I'd also add that I believe that Bill Gates is the type who Under Promises But Over Delivers compared to our politician prototype who Over Promises But Under Delivers.

I could not believe yesterday how self-congratulatory they were towards one another because for one of the rare times they acted like the rest of us do. Look at a problem and solve it rather than taking fixed, rigid positions because.....that's just what I believe. And, Party must come first BEFORE country!

Vinny
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:03 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Here it is:

Vinny
Thanks that is quite a teaser. I’ll be reading it.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Which of you can identify who is in this picture? I nominate Dualstow for getting it first.

And, how many better ways could the virus be transmitted than by those water suppliers in the picture!!??

Vinny
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.42 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:03 pm
vnatale wrote:

Here it is:

Vinny
On the first page I thought this is not going to be a good book. Why is he telling us about this random guy on the internet. Then the big twist.

I just finished the book tonight. It's one that deserves to be read more slowly and studied so as to put into practice what the book proscribes.

I decided I need to have a permanent reference copy. The copy I read was a library copy. So a short while ago I purchased a Kindle version. While I'm rereading it it will then allow me to send out excerpts of it to various places.

I saw a lot of descriptions in it where my organization is making errors of "intelligence" Hopefully, with this new found knowledge, I can assist in correcting those errors.

But primarily I read it to correct some of my own errors in thinking (something to which I'd guess Libertarian666 (and some others here) believes is WAY overdue!).

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:06 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:26 pm
Anyone see the clip of the Michigan legislator who begins shrieking like a crazed mental patient about CoVid-19 and who threatens, "You will see darkness!" https://www.zerohedge.com/political/you ... re-fueling
I think she’s the one Vinny was posting about this morning.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:03 pm
vnatale wrote:

Here it is:

Vinny
On the first page I thought this is not going to be a good book. Why is he telling us about this random guy on the internet. Then the big twist.

I just finished the book tonight. It's one that deserves to be read more slowly and studied so as to put into practice what the book proscribes.

I decided I need to have a permanent reference copy. The copy I read was a library copy. So a short while ago I purchased a Kindle version. While I'm rereading it it will then allow me to send out excerpts of it to various places.

I saw a lot of descriptions in it where my organization is making errors of "intelligence" Hopefully, with this new found knowledge, I can assist in correcting those errors.

But primarily I read it to correct some of my own errors in thinking (something to which I'd guess Libertarian666 (and some others here) believes is WAY overdue!).

Vinny
I look forward with interest to your discoveries.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:37 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:06 pm
Maddy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:26 pm
I think she’s the one Vinny was posting about this morning.
Yes. Friday afternoon. Just after I'd seen it live.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:53 pm

"1920: Alcohol is prohibited

2020: Liquor stores are an essential business during a national health crisis"
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.86 KiB) Viewed 6765 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:58 pm

These free online exercise offers will help keep you fit and sane during the coronavirus pandemic

https://www.fastcompany.com/90481514/th ... ontent=rss
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:55 pm
Capture.JPG
Is there an equivalent chart looking at deaths or hospitalizations? Total cases is more of a chart of how much testing is being done.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 am

Understanding the Economic Shock of Coronavirus

https://hbr.org/2020/03/understanding-t ... oronavirus
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 am

President Trump 'called Alex Rodriguez for feedback on his administration's coronavirus response' as US soars past 100,000 cases

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ailymailus
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:15 am

Coronavirus: St. Johns County closing beaches after criticism about large crowds Saturday

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20200 ... s-saturday