Plug All of Your Leaks Or You Will Die

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Coffee
Executive Member
Executive Member

Plug All of Your Leaks Or You Will Die

Post by Coffee »

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Plug All of Your Leaks Or You Will Die

Post by Lone Wolf »

Thanks, that was quite an enjoyable read.  I'm not familiar with this blogger, but what a frantic, urgent writing style!

Browne's "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" touches on some of these same points about "leaks", referring to them as "traps".
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Altucher's work has been a little uneven lately (his dow 20,000 call by the end of next year being one example), but that was a great piece.

Thanks for posting.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lone Wolf »

MediumTex wrote: Altucher's work has been a little uneven lately (his dow 20,000 call by the end of next year being one example), but that was a great piece.
So a >60% appreciation in the stock market in less than a year and a half?  What would justify a prediction like that?  :o  I'll have to google that piece.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Lone Wolf wrote:
MediumTex wrote: Altucher's work has been a little uneven lately (his dow 20,000 call by the end of next year being one example), but that was a great piece.
So a >60% appreciation in the stock market in less than a year and a half?  What would justify a prediction like that?   :o  I'll have to google that piece.
It was an appearance on CNBC.

Altucher is also a frequent guest on Yahoo's Tech Ticker.  His beaver pelt hairdo is instantly recognizable.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

He feels that large caps are drastically undervalued and that the effects of QE2 are about to kick in.
Coffee
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Coffee »

I think he's probably a borderline personality -- but highly intelligent and entertaining, nonetheless.
"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "