Everyone cool?
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Did Some Cleanup

Post by moda0306 »

I think this may be the case where you can't please everyone.

I, for one, loved the political discussions 90% of the time.  I know it's technically against the forum rules, though, and I'm not going to be the one to cause a fuss.

Just my 2 cents.

I know I'm the one that probably got the Middle East thread diving into disrespect a bit, so I apologize for my part in getting emotions heated.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
Coffee
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Coffee »

Cool like Fonzi, baby!

I appreciate the time you invest in this forum.  It is a valuable resource.
- Adam
"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

I agree.  Glad you spend the time maintaining the site. 
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
KevinW
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by KevinW »

Yeah.
Storm
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Storm »

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have added to the pile of heated comments.  Things are so calm and mellow around here I actually appreciate it much more than reading comments on sites like Zerohedge.
"I came here for financial advice, but I've ended up with a bunch of shave soaps and apparently am about to start eating sardines.  Not that I'm complaining, of course." -ZedThou
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

i was enjoying the topic and i kind of hate to see it removed, but i do see both sides and i think locking it up was probably necessary to keep it from getting heated, (even if PP forum heated = an every day casual conversation lukewarm for many sites ;) )
i have been involved in forums that were run with an almost "rational anarchy" moderation and others with tyrannical "over moderation", i think for a forum that is naturally mellow and wants to stay that way you have struck a reasonable balance so far...
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
Storm
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Storm »

I have to post this awesome flowchart in this thread - just amazing:

"I came here for financial advice, but I've ended up with a bunch of shave soaps and apparently am about to start eating sardines.  Not that I'm complaining, of course." -ZedThou
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

I don't see anything...
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine