Forum / Team?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Forum / Team?

Post by dualstow »

Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am My experiences here as well as in real life during the Trump era have left me fundamentally convinced that you must give no quarter to trolls, fascists, and any others with no respect for their fellow man or ability to hold rational discussions when they try to join polite society. You need to push them out them, or else they will slowly poison the deep well of social value that others have painstakingly saved up. If they don't go away or play nice, then they are demonstrating that they only understand force and you need to crush them. When you start to do this, they will yell and scream and complain about how unfair it is and call you names, bleating disingenuously about how mean you are and how you're being a hyprocrite or are actually a fascist yourself, but this is just a trick to weaken your resolve. They know that power and force may be uncomfortable tools for you and they're trying to take advantage of your vulnerability to undermine your self-image. You must harden your heart and crush them remorselessly if you want to preserve your society. There is no other way.

Coincidentally, this is exactly my Middle East policy.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

If the forum is in need of volunteers in any manner...
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (499.09 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
MB
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 »

dualstow wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:35 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am My experiences here as well as in real life during the Trump era have left me fundamentally convinced that you must give no quarter to trolls, fascists, and any others with no respect for their fellow man or ability to hold rational discussions when they try to join polite society. You need to push them out them, or else they will slowly poison the deep well of social value that others have painstakingly saved up. If they don't go away or play nice, then they are demonstrating that they only understand force and you need to crush them. When you start to do this, they will yell and scream and complain about how unfair it is and call you names, bleating disingenuously about how mean you are and how you're being a hyprocrite or are actually a fascist yourself, but this is just a trick to weaken your resolve. They know that power and force may be uncomfortable tools for you and they're trying to take advantage of your vulnerability to undermine your self-image. You must harden your heart and crush them remorselessly if you want to preserve your society. There is no other way.

Coincidentally, this is exactly my Middle East policy.
I didn’t know you lived in the Middle East!? ;)
Pet Hog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pet Hog »

Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am You must harden your heart and crush them remorselessly if you want to preserve your society.
I imagine Pointedstick saying this line in this style.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

Pet Hog wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:01 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am You must harden your heart and crush them remorselessly if you want to preserve your society.
I imagine Pointedstick saying this line in this style.
That was in fact how I said it in my mind. :)
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Pointedstick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am
My experiences here as well as in real life during the Trump era have left me fundamentally convinced that you must give no quarter to trolls, fascists, and any others with no respect for their fellow man or ability to hold rational discussions when they try to join polite society. You need to push them out them, or else they will slowly poison the deep well of social value that others have painstakingly saved up. If they don't go away or play nice, then they are demonstrating that they only understand force and you need to crush them. When you start to do this, they will yell and scream and complain about how unfair it is and call you names, bleating disingenuously about how mean you are and how you're being a hyprocrite or are actually a fascist yourself, but this is just a trick to weaken your resolve. They know that power and force may be uncomfortable tools for you and they're trying to take advantage of your vulnerability to undermine your self-image. You must harden your heart and crush them remorselessly if you want to preserve your society. There is no other way.
Remember this. It's what lurks beneath the progressive veneer and is apparently a viewpoint shared by several posters.