Bookmarking?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Bookmarking?

Post by vnatale »

Am I correct I can bookmark a specific topic but I CANNOT bookmark a specific post?

Thanks

VInny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bookmarking?

Post by drumminj »

Not sure if this is what you mean by "bookmark", but if you click on the post title in a specific thread, it will update the URL in your browser (with an anchor at the end -- starts with "#"), which you can then bookmark/share and it will scroll to that post when you load the URL.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bookmarking?

Post by vnatale »

drumminj wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:09 pm Not sure if this is what you mean by "bookmark", but if you click on the post title in a specific thread, it will update the URL in your browser (with an anchor at the end -- starts with "#"), which you can then bookmark/share and it will scroll to that post when you load the URL.
After I asked my question I later went through the Frequently Asked Questions for the forum and came across the below. Does not make any references to bookmarking a post within the forum the same way it describes bookmarking a forum.

Vinny

Subscriptions and Bookmarks
What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
In phpBB 3.0, bookmarking topics worked much like bookmarking in a web browser. You were not alerted when there was an update. As of phpBB 3.1, bookmarking is more like subscribing to a topic. You can be notified when a bookmarked topic is updated. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to a topic or forum on the board. Notification options for bookmarks and subscriptions can be configured in the User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”.

How do I bookmark or subscribe to specific topics?
You can bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic by clicking the appropriate link in the “Topic tools” menu, conveniently located near the top and bottom of a topic discussion.
Replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will also subscribe you to the topic.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."