David Cay Johnston?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

David Cay Johnston?

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Anyone here read any David Cay Johnston books, especially this one?

Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich--and Cheat E verybody Else

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1591840694/?c ... _lig_dp_it

You can buy it used cheap, cheap on Amazon.

I read it long ago. If the title does not tell you all you all you need to know about it, you can read some of the Amazon reviews regarding it and I'm sure many of them do a far better job than I could describing it and what it has to say. Basically it subscribed to the them that the corporations are running our country and set things up to benefit them, not us.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: David Cay Johnston?

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 pm
The USA claims to be capitalist, but in actual fact it is corporatist and has been for decades if not millenia. As such, "corporations are running our country and set things up to benefit them, not us" would be the expected reality.
Well, we agree on this!

When I took an American Foreign Policy course at 19 years old in college way back in 1970 the only thing I took away from it was that: "Whatever is good for the American dollar is our foreign policy."

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."