Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Is Trump doing a good job?

Post by technovelist » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:00 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:38 pm

People that continue to see all of this as a R vs D thing are really missing the big picture.
Doesn't that play into the whole global elite conspiracy theory? Why then, does he campaign actively, and hard, for so many republicans? Why would he care, if it is a uinparty?
Because RINOs have to pretend to be on his side. They can't vote for Nancy Pelosi for Speaker or Chuck Schumer for Senate majority leader.
Of course that isn't true for those with a D behind their names.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:39 pm

I sort of asked this early on in this thread I think.

For those who dare to get in Trump's head, why did he give interviews to Woodward? Esp. after Woodward wrote "Fear" two years ago and Trump made comments like these about the book:

After several news outlets published excerpts of the book in early September, Trump claimed that Fear was "just another bad book", and that Woodward "had a lot of credibility problems ...
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:39 pm
I sort of asked this early on in this thread I think.

For those who dare to get in Trump's head, why did he give interviews to Woodward? Esp. after Woodward wrote "Fear" two years ago and Trump made comments like these about the book:

After several news outlets published excerpts of the book in early September, Trump claimed that Fear was "just another bad book", and that Woodward "had a lot of credibility problems ...
Trump has been willing to talk to any "journalist" about seemingly anything.
I wouldn't do it if I were he, but so far I can't see that it has hurt him in any significant way.

BTW, the Woodward book actually DOES report a bombshell (if true), but it's not the one the Marxist media claims he has.
It's the claim that Mattis and Coats had a discussion about how to remove Trump from office.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:34 pm

If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to hide from anybody.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:31 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:34 pm
If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to hide from anybody.
True.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Including tax returns
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:21 pm

I disagree. Information attracts the bitter ankle biters.
And the tools of lawfare aren't exactly the honest scales of justice we would all like.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 pm

glennds wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm
stuper1 wrote:
Including tax returns
I don't get the whole tax return thing. Does anyone think that Donald does the taxes for the Trump Organization?

I use a pretty high priced accounting firm for my taxes every year. And if they don't use every legal loophole they can find, they won't be with me much longer.

The IRS gets a copy. They go over it with a fine toothed comb. How is that not full disclosure? If anything is amiss, it gets corrected with a letter and a fine. Other than that, it is all legal and aboveboard.

Keeping your 1040 (semi) private is not the same as hiding your heroin dependency or Thai rent boi.

What else does anyone expect?

High priced law firms and the IRS give DJT's taxes the full treatment. If there were anything juicy there, someone in one of those organizations would have leaked it.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 pm
glennds wrote:
stuper1 wrote:
Including tax returns
I don't get the whole tax return thing. Does anyone think that Donald does the taxes for the Trump Organization?

I use a pretty high priced accounting firm for my taxes every year. And if they don't use every legal loophole they can find, they won't be with me much longer.

The IRS gets a copy. They go over it with a fine toothed comb. How is that not full disclosure? If anything is amiss, it gets corrected with a letter and a fine. Other than that, it is all legal and aboveboard.

Keeping your 1040 (semi) private is not the same as hiding your heroin dependency or Thai rent boi.

What else does anyone expect?

High priced law firms and the IRS give DJT's taxes the full treatment. If there were anything juicy there, someone in one of those organizations would have leaked it.
There HAS to be extreme and harsh internal penalties for leaking from the IRS because I cannot remember it ever happening.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:47 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:20 pm

There HAS to be extreme and harsh internal penalties for leaking from the IRS because I cannot remember it ever happening.

Vinny
Vinny, you're a gentle soul and I like you.

But you are also smart. And an accountant. If you felt it was vitally important to the security of the country to leak some numbers to the press, do you think you could do it without getting caught?
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:49 pm

glennds wrote:
stuper1 wrote:
Including tax returns
How about all your medical records and all your private correspondence with everyone you've ever known?
Want to publish them here?
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm

technovelist wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:49 pm
glennds wrote:
stuper1 wrote:
Including tax returns
How about all your medical records and all your private correspondence with everyone you've ever known?
Want to publish them here?
Does it make a difference that I'm not running for public office, not seeking a position where my decisions would have any impact on you or anyone else participating in this discussion forum?