Re: Is Trump doing a good job?

Post by Dieter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm
Dieter wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm
How about the post office?

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... fice-chaos
I'm assuming most people realize that the whole push for universal mail-in voting and drumming up controversy around the USPS is so that when Trump inevitably wins the election in November, the Left will be able to maximize chaos by claiming the election was rigged/stolen.

Is my assumption correct? Or do some people still not find it obvious that Coup Attempt 2.0 is coming in November?
I'd flip it a bit, with Republicans doing everything they can to try to keep Trump in power, and will use any and all of these excuses as reasons to question the results when he looses and not leave office.

As well as colluding with Russians, voter suppression, and now limiting USPS access and throughout.

Of course, I've seen many on the furthur left planning to vote third party in "safe" states... Trump might just win California.

Damn liberals... :)

https://www.fastcompany.com/90540808/th ... -the-worst
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Dieter wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Tortoise wrote:
I'm assuming most people realize that the whole push for universal mail-in voting and drumming up controversy around the USPS is so that when Trump inevitably wins the election in November, the Left will be able to maximize chaos by claiming the election was rigged/stolen.
I'd flip it a bit, with Republicans doing everything they can to try to keep Trump in power, and will use any and all of these excuses as reasons to question the results when he looses and not leave office.
Can you clarify? Trump and his supporters aren't the ones pushing for universal mail-in voting. The Dems are.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:45 pm
Dieter wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Can you clarify? Trump and his supporters aren't the ones pushing for universal mail-in voting. The Dems are.
Trump is claiming voting by mail fraud when there isn't evidence to support massive voter fraud.

If there is a lot of voting by mail and he loses, he could keep going with his rhetoric that see, I warned you, oodles of voter fraud. Our numbers show we didn't lose ; I'm not going to accept these results.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Dieter wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 pm
If there is a lot of voting by mail and [Trump] loses, he could keep going with his rhetoric that see, I warned you, oodles of voter fraud. Our numbers show we didn't lose ; I'm not going to accept these results.
Given that that’s a distinct possibility, why did the Dems give Trump that card to play?

If universal mail-in voting plays to Trump’s advantage and not the Dems’, why did the Dems push for it?
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 pm

On the topic of "what has Trump done that was good", here's a big one:

https://reason.com/2020/08/21/its-time- ... elehealth/

Reason magazine is very much anti-Trump, so they're very careful not to credit him in this article. However, I remember clearly that it was Trump who signed the executive order to wipe away the regulatory barriers that had been choking telemedicine efforts. The result was a revolution in outpatient medicine, and it will be very hard for the bureaucrats to put everything back into their Pandora's box.

I'm not sure how many Republicans would have done this. For sure no Democrat would ever have signed such an order; they only make new rules, they would never take them away. If Hilary Clinton had been elected, I can only imagine what would have happened with the lockdowns in place and hospital ERs mostly overwhelmed with COVID cases. Literally, no one would have been able to get a doctor visit, unless their doctor was willing to return a phone call. Most aren't because phone calls (pre-executive order) could not be billed, i.e. they were a free service. So without Trump and his executive order on telehealth, there would have been an even more serious lack of routine medical care during the worst of the pandemic, the financial hit to outpatient practices would have been far more devastating, and we would not now have this terrific new way of practicing outpatient medicine.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 pm

> It's so that the Democrats can cheat a lot more than usual.

Please list all the ways they will
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:21 pm

boglerdude wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 pm

They just will, it's obvious dontcha know, they're democrats (psst..communists, Marxists, Antifa, BLM, coming for your wives, your houses, your guns, etc...) ::)
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:35 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Reason magazine is very much anti-Trump, so they're very careful not to credit him in this article. However, I remember clearly that it was Trump who signed the executive order to wipe away the regulatory barriers that had been choking telemedicine efforts. The result was a revolution in outpatient medicine, and it will be very hard for the bureaucrats to put everything back into their Pandora's box.

I'm not sure how many Republicans would have done this. For sure no Democrat would ever have signed such an order; they only make new rules, they would never take them away. If Hilary Clinton had been elected, I can only imagine what would have happened with the lockdowns in place and hospital ERs mostly overwhelmed with COVID cases. Literally, no one would have been able to get a doctor visit, unless their doctor was willing to return a phone call. Most aren't because phone calls (pre-executive order) could not be billed, i.e. they were a free service. So without Trump and his executive order on telehealth, there would have been an even more serious lack of routine medical care during the worst of the pandemic, the financial hit to outpatient practices would have been far more devastating, and we would not now have this terrific new way of practicing outpatient medicine.
Interesting article.

Yeah, I think more should be allowed online long term.

Do worry about across state lines and the race to the bottom that this can engender.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:03 am

> They just will, it's obvious dontcha know, they're democrats (psst..communists, Marxists, Antifa, BLM, coming for your wives, your houses, your guns, etc...)

TDS!!

I frequently have to remind myself that our goldbug is a coder who contributes quite a bit to society, overall =)
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:02 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:21 pm
boglerdude wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:03 pm

They just will, it's obvious dontcha know, they're democrats (psst..communists, Marxists, Antifa, BLM, coming for your wives, your houses, your guns, etc...) ::)
Here are a couple of Horror stories on Mail In Voting.

There are many more , look at Patterson N.J.
You can look it up yourselves if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO4YwSCSPI

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... oter-dead/
https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/ ... 257291001/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:41 am

Dieter wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:35 pm
WiseOne wrote:

Interesting article.

Yeah, I think more should be allowed online long term.

Do worry about across state lines and the race to the bottom that this can engender.
Why?

In the NYC area, patients who go to city medical centers live in New Jersey and Connecticut. Can you list one good reason why their physicians at the city medical center shouldn't be allowed to conduct a video visit to their homes? But of course they COULD do so if said person drove their car just inside the New York State border and did the visit from their car. What exactly about that makes sense to you?

As far as the "race to the bottom", I think it's outstanding that people in expensive health care markets (generally due to monopoly pricing) can now access care in cheaper markets if they are in a position to pay cash. Remember that telehealth means no in person physical exam, so it's generally for followups only, or new patient visits for a limited set of conditions.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 am

The concern is in why is it cheaper.

Tends to go lower salary, lower benefits, lower safety.

Limited say in regulations from other states.

Yes, can go in person across state lines, but that's really not comparable to driving for hours to cross state lines.

States in a given region also seem more similar -- New York compared to Connecticut vs Georgia.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:27 pm

WiseOne wrote:

Well, in another version of whataboutism, the Senate report on President Clinton's "disastrous" response to COVID-19 would be coming out about now.

"The President's overblown, unneeded and yet ineffective steps to combat Covid-19 shall not go unexamind. The untold billions of financial losses and the deaths of almost 1,000 american lives will not go unremarked or unpunished" from a joint statement by the Republican Speaker of the House and Senate majority leader.

If it had gotten as bad as it has, I don't think can say for certain that regulations on TeleDoc wouldn't have been lightened. If nothing else, the Republican legislature sure would have pushed for it, and Clinton IMO likely would have gone along, if for political if not other reasons
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Does look like most states have at least temporarily lifted Cross-Stätte licensing restrictions.

It will be interesting to see how much sticks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VgBnx6ZsLH
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Win or Lose, Trump Will Hold Power Over the G.O.P.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/opin ... e=Homepage
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:28 am

I'm liking the headline, anyone willing to synopsize?
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm

Well, it's official -- Tim Pool finally admitted he plans to vote for Trump (link is at relevant timestamp):
https://youtu.be/G62oPzl-FTs?t=1355

I figured he would, but now he's actually admitted it. ;D
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 am

Tortoise wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Well, it's official -- Tim Pool finally admitted he plans to vote for Trump (link is at relevant timestamp):
I'll admit, that's more like what I thought the article Ad posted was going to be like. I know, I know... my brain doesn't work sometimes 8)
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:12 am

Tortoise wrote:

Looks like he has been Red Pilled.

It is habit forming. ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:50 am

shekels wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:12 am
Tortoise wrote:

Looks like he has been Red Pilled.

It is habit forming. ;)
Did I hear this right?

Pelosi Labels Republicans "Domestic Enemies...Enemies Of The State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdq1vzRXISY
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:45 am

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (736.77 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:59 pm
jalanlong wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:45 am
Capture.PNG
If Trump walked on water to save someone from drowning, the Marxist media would report it as "Trump can't swim".
Or maybe they'd report "Trump thinks he's Jesus"

And to complete the skit, Pence would look at him longingly like the second-in-command Illinois Nazi from the Blues Brothers, and proclaim "I've always loved you".

Good times.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:36 pm

Michael Cohen releases devastating new TV ad about Donald Trump

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/m ... ump/31854/
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:44 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:36 pm
Michael Cohen releases devastating new TV ad about Donald Trump

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/m ... ump/31854/
Tough, quick ad!

On another note, I believe Melania did well.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Biden insists he will debate Trump after Pelosi remarks
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on Thursday said that he would debate President Trump shortly after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) suggested that Biden shouldn’t “legitimize” the incumbent president by participating in debates.

“No. As long as the commission continues down the straight now as they have, I’m going to debate him,” Biden told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell when asked whether he would consider not debating Trump following Pelosi’s comments.

“I am going to be the fact-checker on the stage while I’m debating him,” Biden continued.
"On the stage" seems to imply a live, in-person debate. :o