Moderator: Global Moderator

shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Is Trump doing a good job?

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:45 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:57 am
He keeps on winning. 75 days before the election piss off a US company, based in Ohio no less, that employs 10s of thousands of people.

I guess your news source failed to inform you, the Rest of the Story.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 am

shekels wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:45 am
Cortopassi wrote:
He keeps on winning. 75 days before the election piss off a US company, based in Ohio no less, that employs 10s of thousands of people.

Please elaborate... my news source is Trump's tweet directly...
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:28 am

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:33 am

Goodyear says they did not make the slide, and I have to believe them because the slide makes zero sense from a corporate viewpoint. They would be idiots to think they could allow one form of expression but not others.

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:11 pm

That's amusing that Goodyear thinks "racial justice and equity issues" don't fall under the umbrella of politics. And apparently they don't consider BLM to be a "political organization." ::)
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 am
shekels wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:

So you follow Trump on twitter?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 pm

shekels wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
shekels wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:

I am not so closed minded that I do not want to see what Fox News and Trump are talking about.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:44 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 pm
shekels wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
shekels wrote:
Cortopassi wrote:

I am not so closed minded that I do not want to see what Fox News and Trump are talking about.
So your news source is not Trump's direct tweet?

Also the Goodyear response you posted was by Goodyear corporate.

Goodyear has 143 subsidiaries (some whole owned some partially owned) under its corporate name.

So Goodyear technically did not answer for the policy, of this particular Subsidiary circulated image.
But for Goodyear corporate policy.
WxoLqCoW.jpeg
WxoLqCoW.jpeg (200.88 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Ok, sure I'll take that on.

Shekels, Inc has 100 facilities. One facility had a manager who was pissed at all that's going on and threw up this slide in a training to purposely cause a shitstorm, and get the president to react, which he does.

Now, Shekels, Inc. suffers a 50% drop in sales not because of a local idiot manager/employee putting up an ill advised slide, but because the president tweeted Skekels, Inc. sucks and you should buy your widget elsewhere...

Does that change (I know it won't) your mind about the power of the presidential tweet and the stupidity of tweeting before all facts are known about something?
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Shekels, Inc has 100 facilities. One facility had a manager who was pissed at all that's going on and threw up this slide in a training to purposely cause a shitstorm, and get the president to react, which he does.

Now, Shekels, Inc. suffers a 50% drop in sales not because of a local idiot manager/employee putting up an ill advised slide, but because the president tweeted Skekels, Inc. sucks and you should buy your widget elsewhere...

Does that change (I know it won't) your mind about the power of the presidential tweet and the stupidity of tweeting before all facts are known about something?
I have not posted Trumps tweet to share with the world.
So who did not know all the facts, before posting the tweet and perpetuating the tweet?

I guess if you feel so strongly buy some Goodyear stock and make a killing.
Because you know Trumps stupid tweet is Fake/False.

The only mistake I see is a Goodyear subsidiary made is it was written down on a slide.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 pm

shekels wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
Cortopassi wrote:

So who did not know all the facts, before posting the tweet and perpetuating the tweet?

The only mistake I see is a Goodyear subsidiary made is it was written down on a slide.
Trump posted the tweet. For the world. He did not know all the facts, or chose to ignore them, or not wait for them to come out. Someone brought him a picture of that slide, with scant information I would guess, and he shot off a tweet.

Whether his tweet was 100% true, 100% false or somewhere in between, he has the power to wreak havoc on whomever is the target of the tweet.

If he is ok with doing that to a US company, and possibly risk thousands of US jobs because their sales go down, I just do not see any possible way that can be justified, but as you know I have my TDS blinders on.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 pm
Whether [Trump's] tweet was 100% true, 100% false or somewhere in between, he has the power to wreak havoc on whomever is the target of the tweet.
The MSM and other leftist organizations have similar power to wreak havoc on their targets via cancel culture and boycotts. Trump is just trying to level the playing field in that regard. He's fighting back on behalf of his constituents.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Trump posted the tweet.
Yup. I follow him and I did see the tweet.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
shekels wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
Cortopassi wrote:

Trump posted the tweet. For the world. He did not know all the facts, or chose to ignore them, or not wait for them to come out. Someone brought him a picture of that slide, with scant information I would guess, and he shot off a tweet.

Whether his tweet was 100% true, 100% false or somewhere in between, he has the power to wreak havoc on whomever is the target of the tweet.

If he is ok with doing that to a US company, and possibly risk thousands of US jobs because their sales go down, I just do not see any possible way that can be justified, but as you know I have my TDS blinders on.
Do you mean like last month when AOC tweeted that people should boycott Goya foods because their CEO praised Trump? Is that the kind of power to wreck havoc and risk jobs with a tweet that you mean? I am going to assume that a large percentage of Goya's employees do not agree with their CEO. Should they have all been punished by AOC's boycott call?
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Cortopassi wrote:

Update:
So now the employee's can have a little more freedom of expression. :o
Does the CEO realize he created such a Toxic environment? ^-^
Attachments
Ef4rvroWAAEAdow.jpg small.jpeg
Ef4rvroWAAEAdow.jpg small.jpeg (52.46 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:11 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Do you mean like last month when AOC tweeted that people should boycott Goya foods because their CEO praised Trump? Is that the kind of power to wreck havoc and risk jobs with a tweet that you mean? I am going to assume that a large percentage of Goya's employees do not agree with their CEO. Should they have all been punished by AOC's boycott call?
Absolutely not. She as well was wrong.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:12 pm

I do hope that employee was fired.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Some of the older forumites may remember the good ole days when parents taught their kids to be polite, and not share their filthy political and/or religious views with other people.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Apparently it's now okay to share your political views even at work, just so long as you are on the right side of history. Fascists just need to shut up.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:11 pm
jalanlong wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Absolutely not. She as well was wrong.
I am by no means a Trump supporter. But I know enough people that are to know that they are tired of the Left and their constant calls for boycotts of places they don't agree with, whether it is FedEx on NRA member discounts or Chick Fila and Hobby Lobby on religious beliefs. Their feeling is that the Left started it and Trump is just playing by the same rules they set up. And I do not disagree with them.

Personally I wish people would just stop with the whole "everyone has to agree with me or I will punish them" thing. Especially since people are VERY selective in their outrage. Nobody vets their dentist or local butcher shop to make sure they are all on the same page politically and culturally. They only do it on the large businesses that make headlines. However, if people and businesses are going to continue to be called out for having opposing views then it needs to go both ways.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Some of the older forumites may remember the good ole days when parents taught their kids to be polite, and not share their filthy political and/or religious views with other people.
Allegedly,there was once a time when people's political and/or religious views weren't even filthy. Weird.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:46 pm

glennds wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:27 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Allegedly,there was once a time when people's political and/or religious views weren't even filthy. Weird.
It's more fun to imply that everyone's views are filthy.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Dieter wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm
How about the post office?

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... fice-chaos
I'm assuming most people realize that the whole push for universal mail-in voting and drumming up controversy around the USPS is so that when Trump inevitably wins the election in November, the Left will be able to maximize chaos by claiming the election was rigged/stolen.

Is my assumption correct? Or do some people still not find it obvious that Coup Attempt 2.0 is coming in November?
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm
Dieter wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm
How about the post office?

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... fice-chaos
I'm assuming most people realize that the whole push for universal mail-in voting and drumming up controversy around the USPS is so that when Trump inevitably wins the election in November, the Left will be able to maximize chaos by claiming the election was rigged/stolen.

Is my assumption correct? Or do some people still not find it obvious that Coup Attempt 2.0 is coming in November?
I'd flip it a bit, with Republicans doing everything they can to try to keep Trump in power, and will use any and all of these excuses as reasons to question the results when he looses and not leave office.

As well as colluding with Russians, voter suppression, and now limiting USPS access and throughout.

Of course, I've seen many on the furthur left planning to vote third party in "safe" states... Trump might just win California.

Damn liberals... :)

https://www.fastcompany.com/90540808/th ... -the-worst