Executive Member

Re: Is Trump doing a good job?

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Personal Issues
Score
Economic Issues
Score
Centrist

Centrist prefer a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:22 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:30 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 am
WiseOne wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:04 am
Well put doodle!!!

I would add one thing: We no longer have a liberal party. I remember an analogy my dad described to me once: political views are not a straight line, they're a circle.
Nope, they are a diamond: https://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/
I guess I'm in the right forum?

Vinny

Capture.JPG
When I first read Mountaineer's description of the Centrist, I was jealous. Now that a few other of you have posted your pictures of your result I now realize the value of that red dot. I see that I'm not far from being a Centrist and that I more towards the left than the right.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Tyler wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:07 am
We need both forces. If one uses a car as an analogy then liberals would be like the gas and conservatives would be like the brakes. You can't have just one without the other and hope to get down the road.
PS had a good notion when he talked about how we work better when the niches of each political leaning are operating effectively.
Major content warning, but I think Team America said it best. ;)
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Here's my results. :D

quiz.png
quiz.png (343.91 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Just saw that the God Emperor wants to designate Antifa as a terror organization (I don't think he can, but his heart's in the right place).

:D

On the other side of the spectrum, Joe Biden's campaign is donating to an organization that is posting bail for rioters in Minneapolis.

:o
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Just saw that the God Emperor wants to designate Antifa as a terror organization (I don't think he can, but his heart's in the right place).

:D

On the other side of the spectrum, Joe Biden's campaign is donating to an organization that is posting bail for rioters in Minneapolis.

:o
You know, I don't think that is going to help Biden in Minnesota.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:11 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (83 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 am

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:11 pm
Capture.JPG
Believe whatever you want. I see absolutely no likelihood that it’ll turn out that way.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm

James Mattis vs orange guy

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,”.

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,”
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Most of the work being done to divide the people is being done by the mass media, which fits with Trump's accurate description of them as the enemy of the people and fake news.

Trump is just being himself, which he always has been before and after the election. The people voted him in, and they can vote him out this November if they want to.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:41 pm
Most of the work being done to divide the people is being done by the mass media, which fits with Trump's accurate description of them as the enemy of the people and fake news.
Absolutely.

WRT Mattis' statements that doodle referenced; I agree that this is a law enforcement matter, but some of his points are ignorant. I mean, he says
"When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution," Mattis said in a statement published in The Atlantic.

"Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens —much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside," Mattis wrote, referring to a series of events on Monday in which peaceful protesters were physically cleared from around the White House to make way for an appearance by the president, Bible in hand, outside a historic church.

Mattis called Monday's actions "an abuse of executive authority." link
He seems to be conveniently forgetting that 50 years ago was only 3 years after the 82nd Airborne and 101st Airborne were deployed to Detroit to help get their riots under control. He also said there are only "a small number of lawbreakers," which is basically retard-speak to any inquisitive person with an internet connection.

Note that this is from NPR and so it's biased and contains false/misleading information.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:12 pm

How many people who have worked with Trump and had distinguished careers in private industry, government, or military saying he's an awful leader is it going to take? It's almost a religious fanaticism amongst his supporters. There is literally no amount of evidence from people within his administration or crazy shit that he can say or do to make some people realize how awful of a leader Trump is. It's like trying to prove to a flat earther that the world is round, there is no amount of evidence you can provide to convince them that we live on a sphere. Trump is a religion...
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Doodle,

The guy has led a business empire for decades. Sure he started from a rich dad, but there have been lots of sons who started with $30M and ended up broke. If he was a terrible leader, he wouldn't be worth whatever he's worth today.

I'd say the religious fanatics are those who believe anything that comes from the mass media today. They have an agenda. If you want to believe what they say, be my guest, but you should know that they don't have your best interests at heart.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm

We don't really know anything about Trump's net worth or how he has done, it is all so obfuscated. I think it has been pegged at around 2 billion by Forbes...but then there is this.

A 2016 analysis of Trump's business career in The Economist concluded that his performance since 1985 had been "mediocre compared with the stock market and property in New York".[44] A subsequent analysis in The Washington Post similarly noted that Trump's estimated net worth of $100 million in 1978 would have increased to $6 billion by 2016 if he had invested it in a typical retirement fund, and concluded that "Trump is a mix of braggadocio, business failures, and real success."[45]

So really, how successful has he been as a businessperson? Again, I have worked with contractors for years who worked on projects for Trump where he refused to pay them for services rendered. These were honest hard working guys (I know because I worked with them for years) they had nothing but awful things to say about the man...as I'm sure you would if you had worked for him as well. A fortune built off of scamming other people nothing to be proud of
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe your idea of the kind of leadership we need right now is just plain wrong? You would probably want some smooth talking guy who would get up and try to coddle all the losers that want to burn down the country. Maybe what we need is a straight talker who just tells it like it is and doesn't coddle anybody. Sure we have some problems with racism here and there, but if an unbiased person listed the top 50 problems in the country, I bet racism wouldn't even be in the top 10, and yet the mass media is determined that the country should burn because America is supposedly such a racist country. Maybe what we need is a leader who is not willing to bow down to such lies.

But if you think your idea of leadership is so much better than Trump's, you are certainly welcome to run for president in November.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm

And James Mad Dog Mattis, renowned for being incredibly intense about taking battle to enemy basically called Trump out as a traitor to the nation. Trump trying to play it off as if he was fired....so pathetic.

"I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model —gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.
My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.
Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position."
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Did you ever stop to consider that maybe your idea of the kind of leadership we need right now is just plain wrong? You would probably want some smooth talking guy who would get up and try to coddle all the losers that want to burn down the country. Maybe what we need is a straight talker who just tells it like it is and doesn't coddle anybody. Sure we have some problems with racism here and there, but if an unbiased person listed the top 50 problems in the country, I bet racism wouldn't even be in the top 10, and yet the mass media is determined that the country should burn because America is supposedly such a racist country. Maybe what we need is a leader who is not willing to bow down to such lies.

But if you think your idea of leadership is so much better than Trump's, you are certainly welcome to run for president in November.
What leadership? You mean the whiny Trump tantrum shit show that has been going on for the last four years? Leaders accept responsibility, show empathy, compassion and understanding, attempt to unite people, show bravery and level headedness under fire. Trump posseses none of these attributes.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:19 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm
Doodle,

The guy has led a business empire for decades. Sure he started from a rich dad, but there have been lots of sons who started with $30M and ended up broke. If he was a terrible leader, he wouldn't be worth whatever he's worth today.

I'd say the religious fanatics are those who believe anything that comes from the mass media today. They have an agenda. If you want to believe what they say, be my guest, but you should know that they don't have your best interests at heart.
Does this get categorized as "Fake News"?

Trump Had Losses of $1.17 Billion Over a Decade, NYT Reports

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... yt-reports

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm
What leadership? You mean the whiny Trump tantrum shit show that has been going on for the last four years? Leaders accept responsibility, show empathy, compassion and understanding, attempt to unite people, show bravery and level headedness under fire. Trump posseses none of these attributes.
That’s a good list of leadership qualities, but it’s not complete. Good leaders also protect their people.

Trump may not be a good leader in any of the ways you listed, but he has done his best to protect the American people from media lies, from economic exploitation by China, from an invasion of illegal immigration, etc.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm
doodle wrote:
That’s a good list of leadership qualities, but it’s not complete. Good leaders also protect their people.

Trump may not be a good leader in any of the ways you listed, but he has done his best to protect the American people from media lies, from economic exploitation by China, from an invasion of illegal immigration, etc.
Isn't that why Mattis resigned though? He felt Trump wasn't protecting the American people because he was incapable of working constructively with others...namely ALL of our allies.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:35 pm

Black people should be praising Trump's name every night for trying to stem the tide of illegal immigration that has taken away a lot of jobs from actual Americans in recent decades.

You won't hear that on the network news. All you'll hear is that America deserves to burn because some stupid cop kneeled on some big guy's neck, and it's all Trump's fault because he wasn't there to stop it, and if he had been there he would have been urging the stupid cop to kneel harder.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:38 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:33 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm
doodle wrote:

Isn't that why Mattis resigned though? He felt Trump wasn't protecting the American people because he was incapable of working constructively with others...namely ALL of our allies.
You have heard of something called the military-industrial complex that's been sucking bazillions of dollars off the American people for decades? Any guy who's near the head of that beast may not be nearly so trustworthy as you would hope. All those guys want is for America to keep pouring money into military spending. I'm sure the allies are happy for that to happen also. Maybe Trump said he wasn't interested and Mattis knew he could get a great consulting gig just by turning on Trump.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Stuper,

Trumps policies are not necessarily bad. I have said this on many occasions. But he is utterly incapable of implementing them because he is such a horrible leader. These are serious issues that merit attention but Trump undermines them by being so incompetent at leading. He is a BAD LEADER in every way. His ideas on the other hand not so bad....but again, this is a democracy not a dictatorship. Change requires leadership of which Trump has none! .

Also, how does one account for Trump now claiming he fired Mattis after it is so clear that he resigned? Maybe because Trump is incapable of telling the truth.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:19 pm
stuper1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm
Doodle,

Does this get categorized as "Fake News"?

Trump Had Losses of $1.17 Billion Over a Decade, NYT Reports

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... yt-reports

Vinny
I can't read the article without buying a subscription. Does it say how much money he made during the decade? Anything printed in the NYT has a high presumption of being fake news in my experience. It's mainly just propaganda written from a leftist slant. I'll read it just to find out what the left thinks that I'm supposed to believe about something -- that's kind of interesting in itself. And what's this deal of one news outlet quoting another news outlet? Does that make it more legitimate? Not in my book.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:46 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:43 pm
Stuper,

Trumps policies are not necessarily bad. I have said this on many occasions. But he is utterly incapable of implementing them because he is such a horrible leader. These are serious issues that merit attention but Trump undermines them by being so incompetent at leading. He is a BAD LEADER in every way. His ideas on the other hand not so bad....but again, this is a democracy not a dictatorship. Change requires leadership of which Trump has none! .

Also, how does one account for Trump now claiming he fired Mattis after it is so clear that he resigned? Maybe because Trump is incapable of telling the truth.
Okay, so we should vote for a leftist who can implement terrible policies?