Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

the Vanguard mobile app

Post by dualstow »

Does anyone use it?

I use it on a tablet occasionally, but there’s one “feature” I find frustrating. If you venture outside of the app, you have to log in again. (Contrast this with keeping a tab open in your computer’s browser). You can’t even swipe down in iOS to access the system menu without logging out. This is a pain, because I used to be able to do that, and I would temporarily turn off bluetooth to use the virtual keyboard for entering my password. (Now I switch off the button on the bluetooth keyboard itself).

It’s also nice to be able to toggle back and forth between, say, a stock newsletter site and the Vanguard app. You can’t.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: the Vanguard mobile app

Post by Tortoise »

I haven’t used that app, but off the top of my head, have you enabled background app refresh? Perhaps you’ve blanket-disabled it for all apps to save battery but might want to try enabling it for the Vanguard app to prevent immediate auto-logout?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: the Vanguard mobile app

Post by dualstow »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:49 pm I haven’t used that app, but off the top of my head, have you enabled background app refresh? Perhaps you’ve blanket-disabled it for all apps to save battery but might want to try enabling it for the Vanguard app to prevent immediate auto-logout?
It was blanket-enabled, but thank you anyway. That’s something I hadn’t even thought of, and the solution is going to be something like this.

Strangely, Vanguard isn’t even in that list of apps. Maybe that’s on purpose?