Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Baseball?

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Only playing it.
There's this very disturbing set of studies where about half the articles printed in Science and Nature magazines, the two leading publications, involved experiments that could not be repeated by anybody.
- Peter Thiel
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Zzzzzzzz
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Attach!
Attachments
Baseball.png
Baseball.png (10.97 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
There's this very disturbing set of studies where about half the articles printed in Science and Nature magazines, the two leading publications, involved experiments that could not be repeated by anybody.
- Peter Thiel
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Did you play this year? If so, what level / league?

Vinny
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm
Only playing it.
jacksonm2

Post by jacksonm2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Big baseball fan when I was younger but not so much nowadays.

I could give you all the statistics of the L.A. Dodgers (Koufax and company) back then but the game has gotten far too boring since then.
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by bedraggled » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:02 am

There is a “Designated Hitter” thread that was active until a year or so ago. A decent amount of baseball stuff posted there.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:28 pm

I've had a softball teammate who I have been playing with for over 15 years. She is now in her 50s and has been avidly playing softball since at least high school.

A while ago she told me she did not know if she would be able to play this season as she was out of work due to an undiagnosed shoulder problem. I then started sending her information about Aaron Judge and the problems he was going through which seemed roughly similar and how he was in a similar undiagnosed condition.

I sent these updates to her over a few weeks or so thinking that there was this famous athlete where no amounts of money were too much spend on diagnosing his problem, yet he was presently in the same status as she was -- undiagnosed. Then, she said to me: "Vinny, I have to tell you I don't even know who Aaron Judge is!"

That floored me!

My question to those reading this is to tell me if you also don't know who Aaron Judge is. I don't want anyone telling us who he is. Just want to hear from those who have no idea who he is.

I'm sure there might a lot of similar stature type Americans (maybe) that I have no idea who they are. But probably no athletes because even though I only follow baseball and basketball, I have sports talk radio on in my house ALL the time so I'm constantly hearing the big names associated with all sports.

Vinny
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:18 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:28 pm
I've had a softball teammate who I have been playing with for over 15 years. She is now in her 50s and has been avidly playing softball since at least high school.

A while ago she told me she did not know if she would be able to play this season as she was out of work due to an undiagnosed shoulder problem. I then started sending her information about Aaron Judge and the problems he was going through which seemed roughly similar and how he was in a similar undiagnosed condition.

I sent these updates to her over a few weeks or so thinking that there was this famous athlete where no amounts of money were too much spend on diagnosing his problem, yet he was presently in the same status as she was -- undiagnosed. Then, she said to me: "Vinny, I have to tell you I don't even know who Aaron Judge is!"

That floored me!

My question to those reading this is to tell me if you also don't know who Aaron Judge is. I don't want anyone telling us who he is. Just want to hear from those who have no idea who he is.

I'm sure there might a lot of similar stature type Americans (maybe) that I have no idea who they are. But probably no athletes because even though I only follow baseball and basketball, I have sports talk radio on in my house ALL the time so I'm constantly hearing the big names associated with all sports.

Vinny
What is baseball? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Vocation - doing what God has given me to do for the sake of the other.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:46 am

I'd much rather watch some babes fighting in the UFC women's division. ;D
PP: 20% KILO.B | 5% SBT.B | 60% VCIP | 15% VVL/VMO/VVO/VLQ
VP: 100% XGD
Liquidity: 90 Days of Expenses Bank Cash
Physical Bullion: 5% of Net Worth Gold & Silver
Knucklehead (noun): Someone who knows the expense ratio of everything but the value of nothing.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:05 am

I had never heard of Aaron Judge until I googled him just now. Not surprising as I grew up as a huge Cubs fan, and I can't even name 3 current Cubs off the top of my head let alone players for the Yankees.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am

pugchief wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:05 am
I had never heard of Aaron Judge until I googled him just now. Not surprising as I grew up as a huge Cubs fan, and I can't even name 3 current Cubs off the top of my head let alone players for the Yankees.
How about Derek Jeter?

Vinny