Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Monarchism

Post by dualstow » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:07 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am
If you support any of the current Democrats in preference to Trump, you are a leftist.
On the contrary. That statement might've worked for Republican candidates prior to Trump. There must be plenty of people in the center who have a problem with Trump. Even some on the right do.

That's not to say that the far left isn't scary. It is.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:24 pm
dualstow wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:07 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am
If you support any of the current Democrats in preference to Trump, you are a leftist.
On the contrary. That statement might've worked for Republican candidates prior to Trump. There must be plenty of people in the center who have a problem with Trump. Even some on the right do.

You don't have to like Trump.
But you do have to support him over any of the current Democrat Presidential candidates.
They are all insane or pretending to be insane.
That is quite the statement. I've not been around here long enough to get a take of who you are and where you stand on specific positions. I'd like to see how we differ on certain specific issues.

Several years ago a friend of mine and I had supper and we discussed all the issues. He always has voted for the Republican presidential candidate while I have always voted for the Democratic candidate. Yet on every issue we brought up we agreed!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:49 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
dualstow wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:07 pm

But you do have to support him over any of the current Democrat Presidential candidates.
That is quite the statement. I've not been around here long enough to get a take of who you are and where you stand on specific positions. I'd like to see how we differ on certain specific issues.

Several years ago a friend of mine and I had supper and we discussed all the issues. He always has voted for the Republican presidential candidate while I have always voted for the Democratic candidate. Yet on every issue we brought up we agreed!

Vinny
Sounds like either you or your Friend may be looking at the glass half empty or half full.
I try to not identify as a Dem or Rep or any Party, I just look at Politics from what I was taught/believe between right and wrong.
Good Luck
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 pm
vnatale wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:

Vinny
By all means, start a new thread and we'll discuss whatever specific issues you want to discuss.
Thanks for the invitation. I shall do it gradually, issue by issue.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 pm

shekels wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:49 am
vnatale wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:

Vinny
Sounds like either you or your Friend may be looking at the glass half empty or half full.
I try to not identify as a Dem or Rep or any Party, I just look at Politics from what I was taught/believe between right and wrong.
Good Luck
The only time I have been a member of a political party when I am a member of the Democratic party for less than 5 minutes so I can vote in their primaries. I live in Massachusetts so the Republican candidates generally lose no matter what the office.

Though I've always voted for the Democratic presidential candidate I have probably voted half and half for the Massachusetts state governor.

I too independent to be a member of a political party where you are seemingly supposed to be all believe all the same things about every issue.

It's just not the way we do things in businesses and organizations. We each make up our minds issue by issue and sometimes I may be on the same side of an issue with someone while be in the opposite side of someone on a different issue.

Vinny
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am
I am a self-described moderate Independent. But from the view of someone on the right, I guess that looks left.

Vinny
Libertarian666 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 pm
vnatale wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:07 pm
I cannot tell if you are being facetious or not since we did not have federal income taxes until 1913 (I believe).

Vinny

So you do know something about American history!
That puts you way ahead of most leftists.
I’m a self described Reagan Republican which looks left...weird politics we have nowadays. I’ll just call a spade a spade, the R Party is now what used to be known as southern democrats. On its current path, I predict several western states will eventually flip to something other than red but not the current blue. At that point if it wants to remain a serious party it will have to reinvent itself. That’s not unusual historically. The state to watch closely is Texas. If it begins to turn, lights out for Rs on the national level as they are totally non competitive in CA. Given CAs electoral size it’s actually very difficult for any Republican to win the presidency.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am

Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am
The state to watch closely is Texas. If it begins to turn, lights out for Rs on the national level as they are totally non competitive in CA. Given CAs electoral size it’s actually very difficult for any Republican to win the presidency.
So true. And sadly, the Californication of Texas continues.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:46 am

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am
Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am
The state to watch closely is Texas. If it begins to turn, lights out for Rs on the national level as they are totally non competitive in CA. Given CAs electoral size it’s actually very difficult for any Republican to win the presidency.
So true. And sadly, the Californication of Texas continues.
My personal views are pretty hardcore on this stuff. To Democrats I say boo hoo you keep losing at the electoral college level. You can fix that, be competitive outside the coasts. To Republicans who lost CA and the odds are good AZ and TX are going to flip in the next 10 years, boo hoo to you as well. You can fix that, be competitive in urban areas.

Ref CA, not my cup of tea. But, it works for the people who live there and that’s what democracy is all about.