Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Ukranian phone call

Post by shekels »

https://nypost.com/2019/10/03/trump-pub ... hina-next/
Here is a smoking gun Schiff/Pelosi... impeach,impeach,impeach.

OR at LEAST bring it to the HOUSE FLOOR FOR A VOTE...
Lets see if you have the Votes..IF NOT Just Shut up, and get over IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8l8v3 ... rt_radio=1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jacksonm2

Post by jacksonm2 »

If there was something truly nefarious going on here it would be one thing but I tend to believe that what they are accusing Trump of is something the accusers are equally guilty of, as it seems more and more clear every day. And I believe at the very worse it's probably on a par with the "crimes" of almost every past president. The only difference with Trump is that he got caught, thanks to a "whistle blower".

Frankly, I find the democrats to be absolutely disgusting and totally dishonest in the whole affair. When Nancy Pelosi stands in front of the camera and says she is truly saddened to have to take this step for the good of the country and is only undertaking it with prayerful consideration and consultation with the Almighty I can't help but think she is completely and utterly full of shit. I agree with her that it is a sad day in America when we come to this but only because pathological lying for the purpose of gaining political power is now an accepted norm by too many Americans.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Some points I've come across
  • We have a treaty with Ukraine, from 1998, for the purpose of improving "the effectiveness of the competent authorities of both countries in the investigation, prosecution, and prevention of crime through cooperation and mutual legal assistance in criminal matters."
  • The "whistleblower" (a registered Democrat per CNN) is a CIA officer who was detailed to the Obama White House. While there, he was "digging up dirt" on Trump from Ukraine during the 2016 campaign while working in Obama's White House, according to Paul Sperry (Hoover Institution).
  • Related to the above: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/46 ... -elections
  • Opposition research.. It's legal, right?
Discuss.

Thank you.

America.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

;D
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Oh, that reminds me, when is Better Call Saul on! (Rupert Holmes was referenced in the episode where Saul is trying to film on school grounds).
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Perhaps this is what’s going on:

Nancy Pelosi is “Grubering” The American Electorate on Impeachment – Committee Requests, aka “Subpoenas”, Constructed to Manufacture “Obstruction”…

Certainly doesn’t seem like they’re following a “proper” process.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

flyingpylon wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:46 am Perhaps this is what’s going on:

Nancy Pelosi is “Grubering” The American Electorate on Impeachment – Committee Requests, aka “Subpoenas”, Constructed to Manufacture “Obstruction”…

Certainly doesn’t seem like they’re following a “proper” process.
A) Grubering is a hilarious term.

B) I guess I got Grubered pretty hard myself, because until recently I was still under the impression they were trying to impeach him for "colluding with Russia." Weren't they saying he still "colluded" after the Mueller Report came out? Shit, I think ocho has even said he still thinks there are videos of Trump getting golden showered in Moscow or something similar.

I guess it's irrelevant at this point, but from what I gather... threatening to withhold aid from Ukraine is alright when Joe Biden did it to the Ukrainian president's face... but it's not alright When Trump doesn't tell them that he might withhold aid (as long as the NYT reporter got that straight) while he is investigating whether Biden was being illegal when he did it?

-----

Related conspiracy theory: Adam Schiff read a made-up version of Trump's phone call with Ukraine's president into the Congressional Record so that Nancy Pelosi could quote him, as if it was a real thing, to the press (2:39 of this clip) and news outlets could quote him, giving Wikipedia enough "cites" so that it could be part of their Trump-Ukraine page.. all in an effort to gaslight the hoi polloi. I'm going to add this link for no reason at all.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 am

-----

Related conspiracy theory: Adam Schiff read a made-up version of Trump's phone call with Ukraine's president into the Congressional Record so that Nancy Pelosi could quote him, as if it was a real thing, to the press (2:39 of this clip) and news outlets could quote him, giving Wikipedia enough "cites" so that it could be part of their Trump-Ukraine page.. all in an effort to gaslight the hoi polloi. I'm going to add this link for no reason at all.
Move over Bidens....It is getting crowded in Ukraine.. ::)
Paul Pelosi Jr. visited Ukraine in 2017 to meet with government officials WRT a business initiative. Paul Pelosi Jr. was a board member of Viscoil and executive at its related company NRGLab, which DID ENERGY Business in UKRAINE! Nancy Pelosi was featured in one of the company’s promotional videos.

To be Continued..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I was going to make a joke that all these guys are just going to Ukraine to bang hot Ukrainian chicks. Because I like to tell a thorough joke, I took it upon myself to google "are ukrainians the hottest chicks in the world"
1.png
1.png (61.83 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
2.png
2.png (397.73 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Hey, that's Joe Biden! ;D
jacksonm2

Post by jacksonm2 »

Forget Ukraine. I would really like to know the truth about Biden and his son but it's just political noise and nonsense for which we all know that nobody is ever going to be held accountable so what is the point?

I would prefer to see a substantive debate about Trump's order to remove troops from Syria because it's "not our problem". But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure Tulsi Gabbard will be willing to give her opinion on the subject in the next Democrat debate but I would really like to hear what the Democrats that are more likely to win the nomination have to say on the subject.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:34 am I was going to make a joke that all these guys are just going to Ukraine to bang hot Ukrainian chicks. Because I like to tell a thorough joke, I took it upon myself to google "are ukrainians the hottest chicks in the world"

{ image }

Hey, that's Joe Biden! ;D
I have always thought that Ukranian PM was beautiful, even if she is wearing a challah on her head.
Wasn’t she the one who was imprisoned? If she still is, I hope the new guy frees her.