Omar accused of treasonous plot with Qatar

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Omar accused of treasonous plot with Qatar

Post by dualstow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:50 am

Seems kind of old school to me. I grew up with Italians who favored Italian services..small town. Maybe it’s because I’m not observant - my family transitioned from Reform to being 3-day-a-year Jews - but zero of the Jews I know are married to other Jews except for the older generation. (I’m in my forties).

Actually, with intermarriage on the rise, I think a case could be made that Jews really are going to be bred into non-existence, and in college I did meet an observant couple, dating not married, who encouraged me to find a Jewish bride. “You’re doing Hitler’s work!”, say some of the hardcore people who don’t like marrying outside of the faith/race. It’s just a drop in the bucket to the ones I’m related to, or are friends with. I and all of my siblings married Christians or atheists.

Someone tweeted the other day something like, Europe murdered its Jews en masse. The middle eastern countries killed some and kicked the rest of them out. Now they want the sole Jewish state to have an Arab/Muslim majority? No thanks. I pretty much agree with this. It’s a simplification, and although I keep up with my reading I’m tired of repeating the in-depth debate. But it would be inconceivable for me to betray the United States. Are people worried that Andrew Yang would betray the U.S. for China because he has a Chinese face and because Chinese people appear to stick together, marry each other and “favor Chinese businesses?” I’m not worried.

German Jews fought hard for their country in WWI and none of it mattered in the 1930s. They were all considered traitors, period, and blamed for Germany’s troubles. I don’t see how any of the above anecdotes justify questioning the loyalty of American Jews. There are thousands of Aldrich Ames for every Jonathan Pollard. Maybe tens of thousands.

I think it’s unlikely that Americans would ever elect an observant Jew to the presidency, perhaps due in part to these deep-seated suspicions. But if you look at the Left and the fiercest critics of Israel, you will find a ton of Jews: Noam Chomsky, Peter Beinart, too many to name, and countless non-famous ones.

That’s my take on it, anyway.
If you have a Fidelity account, you may have some new 30-year treasury interest as of Saturday
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:13 am

dualstow wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 pm
I just think the idea that American Jews are loyal to Israel first and America second, especially those in office, sounds like...well you know what it sounds like.
You're right and you deserve a little more explanation...

In my mind I draw a distinction between Orthodox and non-orthodox. Anytime you have someone with a rigid religion-based outlook running for national office that's a problem, but when you combine it with dual nationality it gets that much more concerning. For example, what would you think of a Catholic bishop running for office?

Ilhan Omar has the same potential issue: dual nationality and an outlook shaped by religion & culture. I'm still waiting to see how her legislative record shapes up - in her favor, she's already broken with tradition by running for office in the first place.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Update:
testimony given in a Florida court, naming Ilhan Omar as a Qatari asset, also implicated a number of other prominent American citizens, including political activist Linda Sarsour and senior advisor to United States President Donald Trump, Jared Kushner.
https://m.jpost.com/American-Politics/F ... ets-609143
If you have a Fidelity account, you may have some new 30-year treasury interest as of Saturday
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:20 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Update:
testimony given in a Florida court, naming Ilhan Omar as a Qatari asset, also implicated a number of other prominent American citizens, including political activist Linda Sarsour and senior advisor to United States President Donald Trump, Jared Kushner.
https://m.jpost.com/American-Politics/F ... ets-609143
Kushner is Jewish. Why would he be a Qatari asset? Qatar is extremely anti-semitic.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm

It looks like they're not alleging he's a Qatari asset, but that he was extorting them or something:
I don't know Kushner personally, but the Qataris said Kushner told them: 'Choose one of two. You pay what I tell you to pay, or I unleash my dogs.'"
"The dogs being who?" she asked.
"Saudi Arabia and the UAE," Bender replied.
The Qataris were aware that as an investment the pay-off was a write-off, but told Bender, "'We just paid it to pay off his debt. And as long as he's in the White House, we have to do what he wants until we control the White House.' We as in Qatar," Bender clarified.
There are several thousand nearly complete viral genomes integrated into the human genome, most now inert or missing a crucial gene. These account for 1.3% of the entire genome. That may not sound like much, but 'proper' genes account for only 3%. If you think being descended from apes is bad for your self-esteem, then get used to the idea that you are also descended from viruses.
Ridley, Genome
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:00 pm

On Oct. 30. . . the Department of Justice had assigned an FBI Special Agent in Charge, or SAC, to review Rep. Ilhan Omar's apparent, astonishing spree of felonies from 2009 to 2017. . . In October, the FBI SAC stated that the wide range of criminal activity suggested by the evidence against Rep. Omar may lead the FBI to expand the review to other federal departments.

Indeed, this has since occurred.
link
There are several thousand nearly complete viral genomes integrated into the human genome, most now inert or missing a crucial gene. These account for 1.3% of the entire genome. That may not sound like much, but 'proper' genes account for only 3%. If you think being descended from apes is bad for your self-esteem, then get used to the idea that you are also descended from viruses.
Ridley, Genome
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:14 am

Check out the video ad of the woman who is trying to unseat Omar in Nov.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/16/republica ... lhan-omar/