Re: CDB

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

CDB

Post by Maddy »

Have any of you had experience with CDB oil? My hands are hurting nearly all the time now from arthritis, so my ears perked up when I heard that CDB might offer some relief. However, I see nothing on the internet about the mechanism of action, even less about dosage or frequency. Is it something you're supposed to take on a regular schedule or only as needed? How do you titrate it for optimum result? Is the effect immediately apparent or is improvement only apparent over time? I'm a little skeptical of anything that is promoted as a panacea for everything from arthritis to PTSD, but there's a lot of anecdotal stuff out there to suggest that it really is helping people. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.
jacksonM
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: CDB

Post by jacksonM »

Maddy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm Have any of you had experience with CDB oil? My hands are hurting nearly all the time now from arthritis, so my ears perked up when I heard that CDB might offer some relief. However, I see nothing on the internet about the mechanism of action, even less about dosage or frequency. Is it something you're supposed to take on a regular schedule or only as needed? How do you titrate it for optimum result? Is the effect immediately apparent or is improvement only apparent over time? I'm a little skeptical of anything that is promoted as a panacea for everything from arthritis to PTSD, but there's a lot of anecdotal stuff out there to suggest that it really is helping people. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.
I have tried it for pain relief (hands, neck, back) and the one thing I can say is that I never experienced any immediate, or even short term effect from it whatsoever.

I've tried it both orally and topical with the same results. I have a can of CBD ointment that I bought to rub on my neck due to bone spurs and I don't feel anything at all when I put it on, unlike a good number of things you can buy at Walgreens which bring at least a measure of instant relief. Maybe it has a lasting benefit but that is a hard thing to detect.

Edit: Are CBD and CDB the same thing or did I buy the wrong stuff?
Simonjester wrote: I have only anecdotal evidence, but for what its worth.... it worked for me when I took it for a brief time due to being overworked at a demanding physical labour job, I was getting to where I would move and feel like a 90+ year old man after work, and it would take at least and hour or so before I could loosen back up and move like I didn’t need a walker. I suspect anti-inflammatory property’s in the cbd account for it, but going from stiff, sore and cant move, to no seizing up at all was dramatic.

and since I mentioned 90 year olds.. I bought my father some as a Christmas gift, to see if it would help with arthritis in his hands that was keeping him up at night, and from what I have heard back, it seems to be working for him as well..

I am also kinda proud that he now knows more about it than I do.. and is shopping at dispensaries... pretty damn hip for his age
Last edited by jacksonM on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.