Podcasts

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Podcasts

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed May 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Timcast has moda's man-crush, Scott Horton, on. He sounds different from the other times I've heard him talk, like... less high maybe ;D
And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.
Solzhenitsyn, Live Not By Lies
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 am
moda0306 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm
But as far as history podcasts go, Darryl Cooper's "Martyrmade Podcast" multi-parter on the Israel/Palestine conflict (called "Fear and Loathing in New Jarusalem) is possibly the best History Podcast I've ever heard. I felt like I had my soul hollowed out after that one. His episode on the Mai Lai Massacre is haunting as well. Don't expect to feel good after these, but they are engrossing.
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:28 pm
Jocko Podcast is really good.

Interestingly, he mentioned Martyrmade as one of his recommended podcasts. I don't think I've heard of anyone outside of this thread mention it.
Jocko and Echo interviewed Darryl Cooper on their latest Jocko Podcast. Haven't listened to it yet.
Jocko and Darryl's Unravelling podcasts, episodes 10 & 11 are fantastic. Recommended.
And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:07 pm

The latest episode of "Real Talk with Zuby" has an interview with Dave Smith. Real good stuff.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:24 pm
I like Lex Fridman but I personally find his podcasts to be soooooooo boring. What Fridman really did for me was demonstrate how difficult it is to be an entertaining podcast host, and it made me respect Joe Rogan that much more.
Lex's interview with GSP was great. He was at the top of UFC when I started watching it back in the day, and featured prominently in the "Best Of UFC" DVDs we watched a lot in Afghanistan.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Here's another one I like, Animal Spirits by Ben Carlson and Michael Batnick. They riff about financial stuff mostly. Carlson just shouted out Tyler's newest article on his blog.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 pm
Here's another one I like, Animal Spirits by Ben Carlson and Michael Batnick. They riff about financial stuff mostly. Carlson just shouted out Tyler's newest article on his blog.
Thanks for the pointer Kriegs. And thank you Tyler for a great writeup. I can honestly say that no one else has freely contributed as much outstanding financial advice as Tyler. Not many people in the world like that. Humbling.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:10 am

Amen Mark. That Tyler guy is a good dude.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:12 pm

I appreciate the kind words. Forums like this one taught me a lot over the years, and I'm always happy to give back.

BTW, if you like Animal Spirits, be sure to also check out the wider Ritholtz team discussions on The Compound.